[OFFICIAL] List of good reactor designs

• Do the double and quads have a higher chance to return a near-depleted cell?

Does it scale to 50% for double and 100% for quad?

Any chance for multiple? If you ran 4 singles you might get 0-4 back at the end of a run. Quads I assume only have a chance to return 1.

• Do the double and quads have a higher chance to return a near-depleted cell?

Does it scale to 50% for double and 100% for quad?

Any chance for multiple? If you ran 4 singles you might get 0-4 back at the end of a run. Quads I assume only have a chance to return 1.

Haven't built much Reactors, but in my Case Quad-Cells dropped randomly 0 or 4. Nothing inbetween.

• I've got a problem here, so i started making my uranium cells, but when i make the quad ones some are without a durability bar and some are with one?! The ones that are without the bar i can turn into quad, but the ones with the bar have a :1 after their id and i can't make quad cells with them. Please help me...

• I've got a problem here, so i started making my uranium cells, but when i make the quad ones some are without a durability bar and some are with one?! The ones that are without the bar i can turn into quad, but the ones with the bar have a :1 after their id and i can't make quad cells with them. Please help me...

What, you thought you could cheat by using partly-used uranium cells to build higher level ones?

• What, you thought you could cheat by using partly-used uranium cells to build higher level ones?

No, when i make the Double uranium cells from BRAND NEW Uranium cells, some Double ones like what i said before and some aren't, and i can use only those who aren't to make Quad ones. I am asking why when i make Double ones from BRAND NEW Single ones, some of the Doubles are used and some are not.

• Are you using an older version of GregTech? For a short time I think GregTech had a bug that caused the crafting of dual uranium cells to start in a "used" state with a :1 on the end. If you used something like an automatic crafting bench and extract the dual uranium cell with a wooden pipe/engine then it would be ok.

• Are you using an older version of GregTech? For a short time I think GregTech had a bug that caused the crafting of dual uranium cells to start in a "used" state with a :1 on the end. If you used something like an automatic crafting bench and extract the dual uranium cell with a wooden pipe/engine then it would be ok.

I'm playing on FTB so i think yes it's an old version of gregtech... dang i just lost tons or uranium :(

• I had that problem too, If you shift click the cells they should be created without a bar, crafting by picking them up from the slot seems to be what causes it.

I'll think of one later.

One of these days I will remember to edit everything I want to BEFORE I click submit.

• I had that problem too, If you shift click the cells they should be created without a bar, crafting by picking them up from the slot seems to be what causes it.

Ok i'll try that and tell ya the results.

EDIT: Works great! Thanks for the suggestion

• i'm not proposing a design here, but pointing out an alternate configuration of a preexisting design.
    i run the cheapbreeder for a low power source and to breed cells. however, i like that if i need a little extra power, i can convert it to a 5 of 5 efficiency in a hurry.
    cheap power
    i've got so much tin and coal it isn't really a major setback, nor is the copper. just keep the reflectors maintained.

kudos to the cheapbreeder.

all i did is change the isotope cells for thick reflectors. the heat cell doesn't bother anything, and it can still run a full cycle unattended.

• http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…bpxw2ac8ledatqc1mspby2tj4

Same overall efficiency as reactor 9, with a cheaper construction cost.

It has way less power output though.

I prefer it because I find 6 chamber designs unwieldy to use in practice relative to 5 chamber designs.

EDIT: My reactor is the most efficient reactor in this thread when measured by "Total profit per uranium per cycle in UU matter" and it should be put in the OP because of that: https://docs.google.com/spread…SGhycXFoamxTLUZYckE&gid=1

Also if anyone out there has a reactor design that is more efficient when measured in "total profit per uranium per cycle in UU matter" then I'd be very interested in seeing it.

• The "total profit per uranium per cycle in UU matter" is different depending on wheather or not you count using scrap for mass fabs. Without the use of scrap the running cost of your reactor makes it an effective eff 3 reactor (the first page has about half a dozen ones that fare better). On averadge for your reactor to reach a max eff of 4.25 you would need to feed your recyclers 3264 pieces of garbage every cycle.

• The "total profit per uranium per cycle in UU matter" is different depending on wheather or not you count using scrap for mass fabs. Without the use of scrap the running cost of your reactor makes it an effective eff 3 reactor (the first page has about half a dozen ones that fare better). On averadge for your reactor to reach a max eff of 4.25 you would need to feed your recyclers 3264 pieces of garbage every cycle.

Either way my reactor is more efficient than Zombie's (which has an even higher running cost).

• Im not sure if I did it right but it looks like that spreadsheet says your reactor is using 7 cells (and producing 36M EU) but actually using 8 leading to the wrong values. : P

Values when using 8 Uranium cells.

Profit per uranium per cycle: 4226123.875

Profit per uranium per cycle in UU-Matter: 23.62190341909484

I'll think of one later.

One of these days I will remember to edit everything I want to BEFORE I click submit.

Edited 2 times, last by Zombie ().

• Not sure if this is the correct place, but I would like to ask for some advice about a design I recently came up with.

http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…0h59ox39oa3knu3kmxhl9rhts

It's got quite a bit of eff with a 0 UU running cost, although it needs 6 chambers and is a bit expensive. Can I ask for some suggestions on how to make it cheaper/more efficient?

No diamonds, much less gold, less iron, less rubber ;)

Just made this reactor, can anyone say is it good ?
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…7791i3334fc5god6jmma9tkw0

Here

But they both aren't pretty effective! Take reactors from the OP. :thumbup:

Yep, I am from Russia, and yep, my english isn't good enough...
    So if.. if you dare to laugh of me, I.. I will find you and destroy with all our Soviet nuclear bombs, bwahahaha!
    Naah, I'm just kidding ^^ ... not. :|

Edited 4 times, last by Zodiak69 ().