[Suggestion] Redstone Module

• A little something it just occurred to me to improve automatic functions on the extractor/furnace/macerator.

A new module called the Redstone module will enable redstone functions to these machines, i though of two ways to make these works:

-The simple and basic function would be to emit a single pulse every time it finishes processing an item

-The advanced functions would be to add a list of possible situations these machines could face like processing and item, Output/Input is maxed, No EU in storage, etc, and another list of positions the machine could output the redstone signal (Like from the top or bottom or one of the other 4 sides). So you would attach one situation to one position and when it happens it will emit a redstone signal (Think Gates from Buildcraft but without buildcraft).

Some quirks for these upgrades would be like: inb4 an idiot says something about me hating on autocraft, which is half truth and half lie.

-Only a certain amounts of pulses can be sent before the module breaks.
    -Only one Position per Redstone module (Would work better if modules DIDN'T STACK >.>, Module stacking makes choosing way too boring).

• This is pretty cool, and makes sense. This would be useful for pulling items out of machines without unnecessary redstone pulses with RP. With some logic-magic you could have it pull only when all them machines are ready, and minimize the number of pulses and stacks. All in all, very useful.
    Edit: Pro Points for not rating your own thread

Haikus are poems

They don't always make sense

Potato

• I like this idea

but seriously, it definitely has a lot of practical applications and I could personally see uses right now, also aren't you supposed to be like the lead nerfer of factories, which is pretty much what this suggestion will be used for?

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Call me Nostrafenix:

Some quirks for these upgrades would be like: inb4 an idiot says something about me hating on autocraft, which is half truth and half lie.

Anyway to elaborate, at first my hate for auto factories was indeed just hating for the sake of hating, but after i sit down and thought a little about it, i realize that i don't hate the whole Auto "Durr Hurr" crafting (Although its still a little too durr hurr for my taste), what i do hate about it, its that even though the game mode its called SURVIVAL machine works in ways that i consider to be a bit more CREATIVE. The idea of having challenges to make sure everything is in tiptop conditions that you can go about doing your thing without having to worry about your factory breaking down and possible burning everything inside your building. (Hardcore Suggestion Note:Machines have a chance to light on fire when they break, possibly making the addition of fire extintors [That have to be refilled] possible)

On that though its why i considered that the wear from that suggestion should be affected by difficulty and/or game mode. Would extend a little more on this but im too freaking tired to do so right now.

• Official Post

Given the upcoming module rework...
    I think we will rather add an additional "redstone behavior" slot for this. The number of redstone you place inside defines the machines redstone behavior (ordering the behaviors by complexity, more complex = more redstone needed)

• Given the upcoming module rework...
    I think we will rather add an additional "redstone behavior" slot for this. The number of redstone you place inside defines the machines redstone behavior (ordering the behaviors by complexity, more complex = more redstone needed)

I beg you, for the love of god, DON'T MAKE THE MODULES STACKABLE AGAIN QQ.

• I want support of Circuit Boards from Forestry.

Im afraid that i have to ask what its the purpose of those before plasting a big red "NOPE" on your face.

QUITE the opposite ^^ You will only have 1 slot with 1 unstackable module possible. Regarding the modules... Let's say I re-use the Reactor-'minigame' idea.

I remember i did 1 or 2 sort of sketch on how would i do the module upgrade back when it was first released, it was slightly inspired by the Nuclear Reactor. Its somewhere in the Industrial Engineering sub.

• Given the upcoming module rework...

How about such variants for behavior:
    - no RS signal;
    - RS signal on if machine cannot work;
    - RS signal pulses if machine cannot work;
    - RS signal pulses separately to top if input slot empty, to sides if output slot full/mismatch, to bottom if no EU.

Also please think about modules to pull to inbox from top inventory and push from outbox to side inventory.