[1.106] [SMP] Kane's Bug List and or Confirmed Bugs in SMP. - Updated 9/22/2012

• I just want to edit this. These are bugs that might be duplicated from other threads and such but its also a list of bugs that I have personally encountered in SMP only play. I'm reporting them here to help me keep track of bugs I report and also maybe help devs keep track of some the bugs that pain in the ass Kane reports. Better then me spamming 100 threads :P

Please remember again that this is SMP and some these bugs don't actually happen in SSP.

Added 9/23/2012

• NanoSuit running out of power to fast?? - I don't know if this is intended now but I feel that nano armor is almost useless now. Don't get me wrong it protects very well still but a head on creeper uses about 25% power from the chest and lags in hard mode. If you use iron yeah you might not even live but the big difference is that you can take about 24 creeper direct blasts before the armor breaks where the nano suit would take about 4.

Added 9/22/2012

• Reactor going 4 times faster? - I can't even be sure because I had a random interface crash. But after setting up my first reactor in SMP I had come back like 20 min later and I swear that the thing was almost half way through... Something was really strange with the timming. I don't even think it was producing the right amount of power. I would have stayed and tested it more but you can only take so much when you have seen lack of improvements so far. EDIT: I did a excel file on the timing and such lmao... Yeah it's 4 times faster but 1x reward. :(
    • Sheering Sheep - I can't sheer the poor sheep so now my sheep are becoming extinct. Why oh why poor little sheep.

Added 9/21/2012

• Drains Items can't be charged via batpack - Sounds odd but when your out mining with 2-3 batpacks when your batpack empties and you forgot to switch your tool dies of course. So you usually throw on your 2nd one and then take forever to break a block then BAM it charges. Well not anymore :(
    • Batpack seems to give armor again - not sure if this is intended or bugged but I thought Id add it to the list of bugs, once again it gives you protection and 4 bars at that.

Added Some Other Date:

• Quantum Helm Poison Crash. - Simply having a poison status effect with the helm on causes the server to crash: http://pastebin.com/LBFtxGqi
    • Phantom Wires with enet. - The same bug that was in 1.103 is still here. Cut up a cable and the power is still running through the eNet like the tile entity or whatever the term is not being correctly updated.
    • Overcharging Infinite Explosions - Once again if you hook up say a macerator to a HV Power source it will blow up infinity and cause damage and power drain till you unload the chunks or reboot the server.
    • Superheat on Vanilla Ores - When you use Superheat on Gold and Iron it causes them to turn into a odd colorless grass block it seems. I assume a really bad id and also drops no Iron or Gold Bars.
    • Jet Packs Don't Work - It seems that both jet packs in SMP act like there was not jetpack even there accept it still drains the energy or fuel depending on the jetpack. But there seems to be 0 effect accept for hovering mode downwards only. (Slow Fall)

There was another one that I had pastebin and talked to RG about. He said he look into it but I lost the darn pastebin. It seems that we have had a few crashed related to something packet manager and IC. Apparently I'm not alone on IRC about this bug.

If you have a bug you like me to reproduce let me know below.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

Edited 5 times, last by Kane Hart ().

• Jet Packs Don't Work - It seems that both jet packs in SMP act like there was not jetpack even there accept it still drains the energy or fuel depending on the jetpack. But there seems to be 0 effect accept for hovering mode downwards only. (Slow Fall)

This is simply fixed by oping the the player who wants to use he jetpack. This happened on 1.2.5 aswell and was as far as i can tell a feature. This becomes a problem however in lan/smp as it is impossible to op other players even through the cheats console with cheats enabled.
    If you are server admin and you op yourself then it will work or if you host a lan it will work for you.
    If you op other players on a server it will work for them.
    It will not work for guests on lan/smp

This is my thread on the matter
    [Bug][1.106]Jetpacks don't work for other players in lan/smp

• Every single one already on the bug/to fix/already_fixed list, then you ask why devs complains about repeated bug reporting.

Really? Because when people like RG say ohh that's still not fixed on IRC then I assume that you might actually be wrong. Also I really don't care. At least I try to be a bit more organized. These forums are a mess about bug reporting and serious things don't seem to get fixed from one version to the next and the list grows on.

BTW got something in the corner of your mouth :P

• after much searching I was unable to find such a list.
    have you got a link?

There is no list, what he meant is that this was posted into a section filled with reports on all of these bugs already

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• There is no Official or Un-Official "PUBLIC" list for bugs, but after all the mod devs need to keep track of bugs even if they don't show which are they aware off in a public list. Its like the Ex-Mythical "to do list", we knew it existed but we didn't knew what was inside of it.

You can usually see which bugs the devs are aware off if you take the F****** time to read the first 2 or 3 pages of the bug section. (But i guess thats asking WAY too much). And no it doesn't take that long, 10 or 20 min tops to be perfectly sure "your" bug isn't reported yet.

• There is no Official or Un-Official "PUBLIC" list for bugs, but after all the mod devs need to keep track of bugs even if they don't show which are they aware off in a public list. Its like the Ex-Mythical "to do list", we knew it existed but we didn't knew what was inside of it.

You can usually see which bugs the devs are aware off if you take the F****** time to read the first 2 or 3 pages of the bug section. (But i guess thats asking WAY too much). And no it doesn't take that long, 10 or 20 min tops to be perfectly sure "your" bug isn't reported yet.

Bugs were reported some a few versions ago. Clearly they did not get the memo!

• Keyword "Ex-Mythical", That "to do list" doesn't have a month in there. Before that there was Nothing.

Bugs were reported some a few versions ago. Clearly they did not get the memo!

Post again when you start to make sense.

• State of Things, since Kane likes this kind of post:

1. I have a hack for that, but it's made using reflection and may suffer with minor performance drops (he cares about the details!). Eliminating this hack requires either cpw who is out on business or LexManos who disappeared from IRC to remove the client-only tag off the potion removal method
    2. If that is another behavior bug with BlockContainer... Time to start overriding stuff
    3. Above
    4. Will be looked into, looks like a blind blockslist check
    5. Talking to Player as I type

• State of Things, since Kane likes this kind of post:

1. I have a hack for that, but it's made using reflection and may suffer with minor performance drops (he cares about the details!). Eliminating this hack requires either cpw who is out on business or LexManos who disappeared from IRC to remove the client-only tag off the potion removal method
    2. If that is another behavior bug with BlockContainer... Time to start overriding stuff
    3. Above
    4. Will be looked into, looks like a blind blockslist check
    5. Talking to Player as I type

What can I say I'm broken :)

1) I do like these details and good to know. Right now I'm testing only on a small scale so this will not bother me. But thanks for putting a hack in then just leaving it to crash the servers :)
    2) That seems to never stop creeping up :P
    3) and Damn it again lol.
    4) Yeah, Also if you left click it then she causes a client crash and tbh I think the block might be client side only and not existing on the server. I was not playing with this to much.
    5) Kind of surprised this broke I assume maybe a typo or maybe something broke in forge heh.

• The cause for the jetpack issues should be key updates not being sent out, also related to machines not orienting on login due to lack of initial data.

The server isn't receiving the packets. As for 5, much was talked, nothing was solved.

• The cause for the jetpack issues should be key updates not being sent out, also related to machines not orienting on login due to lack of initial data.

The server isn't receiving the packets. As for 5, much was talked, nothing was solved.

Talked to pahimar about the client-only tag off the potion removal method. Since he was working on some new effects and such for EE3. He said it was already noted by lex. So I assume it might be on a todo list.

• Added 9/21/2012

Drains Items can't be charged via batpack
    - Sounds odd but when your out mining with 2-3 batpacks when your
    batpack empties and you forgot to switch your tool dies of course. So
    you usually throw on your 2nd one and then take forever to break a block
    then BAM it charges. Well not anymore :(

Batpack seems to give armor again
    - not sure if this is intended or bugged but I thought Id add it to the
    list of bugs, once again it gives you protection and 4 bars at that.