[IC² 1.118][Universal] ChargePads v2.8.0 (build 93)

• Thanks. Obligatory "after IC2 has released their 1.5 IC2API and build for me to build it from." ;)

Besides... I have a "final" 1.4.7 release, just as soon as I get my new computer set up for MC dev, again. Prepare for EV pads and rebalanced overclock rates. :)

• Official Post

About new pads, how about adding a GregTech pad, only available when it is installed.

Highly Advanced Charging pad :
    Accepts up to 8192 EU/p and is 4 times faster than EV charging pad.
    It has 7 overclocker/efficiency slots and 2 field module slots.
    Recipe: 4 Highly advanced machines + 1 Adjustable energy unit + 2 data orb + 2 energy flow circuit.

• About new pads, how about adding a GregTech pad, only available when it is installed.

I'll consider it. :)

Accepts up to 8192 EU/p and is 4 times faster than EV charging pad.

If it were T5, that would be its spec, by default. ;)

It wouldn't have any more slots than the current pads... but wouldn't need them, either.

I do still need to have the mod check for GT and see if its OC nerf is enabled, though. As things currently stand, GT completely screws the balance of the mod because of the lowered UpgradeStacksize setting.

Thanks for the post, though. :)

• Think this is a bug on your part? not sure. But I am unable to utilize Charge Pads to charge Modular Power Suits pieces.

I was told that it did work. Tier is extremely important, though. So, if a pad isn't charging a power suit piece, then it's too high a tier for that pad.

• Official Post

It wouldn't have any more slots than the current pads... but wouldn't need them, either.

I do still need to have the mod check for GT and see if its OC nerf is enabled, though. As things currently stand, GT completely screws the balance of the mod because of the lowered UpgradeStacksize setting.

Thanks for the post, though. :)

It would need as GT lowers stacksize to 4 by default nerfing ALL your pads, alot.

• I'm using an MFSU charging pad and nothing is happening.

Then I daresay you're not using it correctly. Check the FAQ and/or watch one of the mod spotlights.

It would need as GT lowers stacksize to 4 by default nerfing ALL your pads, alot.

The GT "fix" will sort that issue and I need to deal with it, at some point, anyway. Meh.

• Official Post

The GT "fix" will sort that issue and I need to deal with it, at some point, anyway. Meh.

There is a simple fix, by adding an upgrade equal to overclock that is normally stackable.

Recipe would be overclocker + circuit upgrade = Advanced Charging upgrade

• There is a simple fix, by adding an upgrade equal to overclock that is normally stackable.

Eh. I don't see why I should have to add an extra step (and item) just because Greg decides to screw things up. The stack-size fix is nothing more than a bit of maths; I just need to reflect his config setting.

Once I have my dev environment set up again, that is. ;) New computer: shiny! Setting all my development stuff again: not so shiny! ;P

• Official Post

Eh. I don't see why I should have to add an extra step (and item) just because Greg decides to screw things up. The stack-size fix is nothing more than a bit of maths; I just need to reflect his config setting.

Once I have my dev environment set up again, that is. ;) New computer: shiny! Setting all my development stuff again: not so shiny! ;P

Well, there are people that would like to keep stacksize 4 as a few overclockers are enough for machines, but not for pads. A new upgrade can keep both.
    Maybe just placing overclocker in the crafting to convert it into another upgrade that is stackable up to 16 (and reverse recipe).

Anyway, up to you, do whatever you think its better.

• I seem to be having a issue with BC pipes and your charge pads. I have a pipe running next to a charge pad and after a few items go into the pad I can't open anything like chests, doors, etc... here is a pic of my setup, I removed the problem pads
    is it a BC or MC or Cp problem.

• I followed the OP recipe for an Efficiency Upgrade and just received an "Invalid Item" with id 20262:

According to NEI's id dump:

Code
    Item. Unused ID: 20260
    Item. Name: item.liquid. ID: 20261
    Item. Name: item.component. ID: 20262
    Item. Name: item.tool. ID: 20263
    Item. Name: item.upgradeKit. ID: 20264
    Item. Unused ID: 20265

But ChargePads.cfg has:

(20006, 20007 & 20008 are unassigned according to NEI.)

Switching to creative mode (and via NEI), the only charge pad items are the three charge pads and three upgrade kits. No sign of anything else.

What's going on?

Version info: MC 1.4.7, Forge 6.6.2.534, IC2 1.115.207 & Charge Pads 2.4.1.66.

Just added CP this morning without any other sign of problems (including a working Laptronic Charge Pad).

EDIT

Just been through the Forge log from that session. The only thing that looks of interest is this:

Code
    2013-03-24 12:44:07 [WARNING] [ChargePads] Invalid meta check: 3/inactive (ignoring)
    2013-03-24 12:44:07 [WARNING] [ChargePads] Invalid meta check: 4/inactive (ignoring)
    2013-03-24 12:44:07 [WARNING] [ChargePads] Invalid meta check: 5/inactive (ignoring)
    2013-03-24 12:44:07 [WARNING] [ChargePads] Invalid meta check: 6/inactive (ignoring)
    2013-03-24 12:44:07 [WARNING] [ChargePads] Invalid meta check: 7/inactive (ignoring)
    2013-03-24 12:44:07 [WARNING] [ChargePads] Invalid meta check: 11/inactive (ignoring)
    2013-03-24 12:44:07 [WARNING] [ChargePads] Invalid meta check: 12/inactive (ignoring)
    2013-03-24 12:44:07 [WARNING] [ChargePads] Invalid meta check: 13/inactive (ignoring)
    2013-03-24 12:44:07 [WARNING] [ChargePads] Invalid meta check: 14/inactive (ignoring)
    2013-03-24 12:44:07 [WARNING] [ChargePads] Invalid meta check: 15/inactive (ignoring)

Full log: http://pastebin.com/pRdzHsxM

• I seem to be having a issue with BC pipes and your charge pads. I have a pipe running next to a charge pad and after a few items go into the pad I can't open anything like chests, doors, etc... here is a pic of my setup, I removed the problem pads
    [[imgsnip]]
    is it a BC or MC or Cp problem.

Never seen this problem, in testing, but pads aren't meant to be piped into, in pre-72 builds (72 isn't released, yet). That said, I can't see how the pads would cause this, as I don't do anything "weird" with the internal inventory, at all. :/

I followed the OP recipe for an Efficiency Upgrade and just received an "Invalid Item" with id 20262:
    [[snippity-snip]]
    Version info: MC 1.4.7, Forge 6.6.2.534, IC2 1.115.207 & Charge Pads 2.4.1.66.

You have an item ID conflict with ThermalExpansion:

Code
    2013-03-24 12:43:47 [INFO] [STDOUT] CONFLICT @ 20006 item slot already occupied by myrathi.ic2.chargepads.r@396352e while adding thermalexpansion.core.item.ItemTE@7a7d60d8
    2013-03-24 12:43:47 [INFO] [fml.ItemTracker] The mod ThermalExpansion is overwriting existing item at 20262 (myrathi.ic2.chargepads.r from ChargePads) with thermalexpansion.core.item.ItemTE

2013-03-24 12:44:07 [WARNING] [ChargePads] Invalid meta check: 3/inactive (ignoring)

This is debug stuff (in ChP) that's caused by NEI, I think. Dunno why it does what it's doing but it can be completely (and safely) ignored.

• You have an item ID conflict with ThermalExpansion:

Code
    2013-03-24 12:43:47 [INFO] [STDOUT] CONFLICT @ 20006 item slot already occupied by myrathi.ic2.chargepads.r@396352e while adding thermalexpansion.core.item.ItemTE@7a7d60d8
    2013-03-24 12:43:47 [INFO] [fml.ItemTracker] The mod ThermalExpansion is overwriting existing item at 20262 (myrathi.ic2.chargepads.r from ChargePads) with thermalexpansion.core.item.ItemTE

This is debug stuff (in ChP) that's caused by NEI, I think. Dunno why it does what it's doing but it can be completely (and safely) ignored.

Thanks.

Changing the CP config from item ids 20006–20008 to 21006–21008 seems to have fixed it (when time later I'll try making some modules, but at least NEI is showing far more CP items in game now).

However, in NEI's id dump and the tooltips in the game the ids showing are 21262–21264 rather than the numbers given in the CP config… in other cases of id conflicts the config file and in game ids have matched (and mismatches were therefore easier to spot and fix). Any idea what the relationship between the configured and in game numbers are?

• Thanks.

Changing the CP config from item ids 20006–20008 to 21006–21008 seems to have fixed it (when time later I'll try making some modules, but at least NEI is showing far more CP items in game now).

However, in NEI's id dump and the tooltips in the game the ids showing are 21262–21264 rather than the numbers given in the CP config… in other cases of id conflicts the config file and in game ids have matched (and mismatches were therefore easier to spot and fix). Any idea what the relationship between the configured and in game numbers are?

The actual ID's are the config'd ID's plus 256. That's just the way IC2 works and it's kinda weird.