[IC² 1.118][Universal] ChargePads v2.8.0 (build 93)

• I've been getting complaints on my server with the following "error"

Our website is www.industrialparadise.webs.com (For now) in case you want to look at our modpack (And see if it's another mod thats causing the memory leak)

• Code
    013-01-07 17:37:15 [WARNING] [ChargePads] Invalid meta check: xx/inactive (ignoring)

That's not an [ERROR], it's a [WARNING] -- and, as such, is simply informational (and ignored).
    Basically, some other mod (I haven't found which) is doing something it shouldn't be, and iterating through all the meta-values of the block that ChargePads uses (only meta's 0-2 and 8-10 are used, right now). People have suggested that it may be NEI?

Either way, it's not something that should ever cause you a problem and you can safely ignore it. It doesn't store memory or anything and there's nothing to "leak." :)

If you're getting it "during play," then someone is messing around with the metadata values of their blocks (which they shouldn't be doing) and you should be slapping them. ;)

Code
    2013-01-07 17:37:16 [WARNING] [FZ] No renderer for ID 5

i could play fine for a bit then got this..
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: Exception java.lang.OutOfMemoryError occurred dispatching signal Unknown Signal to handler- the VM may need to be forcibly terminated

I have no idea what mod "FZ" is but that's the one that isn't registering its renderer properly. As for the OOME: I'm afraid I can't help.

On the whole, CP isn't to blame here. Good luck getting things fixed, though. :\

• Awesome mod!

You should really considering allowing more than 16 overclockers in the Lapotronic Charge Pad. Charging is simply not fast enough for a gravitation suite. It takes 2 minutes with 4 LCPs fully overclocked. I tried adding 3x16 OC, but that doesn't make a difference.

Also, a bug report, if you have 16x OC and 16x Efficiency in a LCP, it charges you for 6% more than what it consumes.

• You should really considering allowing more than 16 overclockers in the Lapotronic Charge Pad. Charging is simply not fast enough for a gravitation suite. It takes 2 minutes with 4 LCPs fully overclocked. I tried adding 3x16 OC, but that doesn't make a difference.

The number 16 is a deliberate choice across pads, as 16 o/c brings you just shy of the "next" pad's output potential. You can't gain any further benefit for 17+ as "the circuitry inside the pads simply cannot handle any greater throughput." (that's my reasoning for the limiter, at any rate!) I allowed the 16-upgrade limit to extend to the lapotronic pads as I do intend to add an EV pad, in the near future. I simply have other things on the update list before that happens (and the sudden shift in some of the things in the 1.4.6 IC2 API meant I wanted to delay any major additions to ensure everything was continuing to work smoothly, in the update).

Additionally, there's an even bigger problem with the overclockers if you have GregTech installed: the stack size is limited to 4 and that cuts upgrade effects by a quarter across the board! I'm not sure how I want to tackle that but, as it stands, if you have GT installed and the overclocker nerf in effect, you're basically screwed (as it's balanced against "a stack" of overclockers).

Also, a bug report, if you have 16x OC and 16x Efficiency in a LCP, it charges you for 6% more than what it consumes.

Regardless of how many efficiency upgrades you have (or whether they match the number of overclockers you have), the pad will -always- incur a base "running cost." You never get anything for free. ;)

• Regardless of how many efficiency upgrades you have (or whether they match the number of overclockers you have), the pad will -always- incur a base "running cost." You never get anything for free. ;)

Try it, empty piece quantum armor and pad fully charged but disconnected from the power grid. Stand on it, and wait for the quantum armor to charge up. Afterwards you are left with ~9062000, but the piece of quantum armor got charged by 1 million eu.

• On my server the MFS Unit Upgrade doesn't work. I'm on forge 497.

There is no error in the log.

I don't know exactly how it is supposed to work but it doesnt work. I tried placing the upgrade inside, right-clicking the pad block and putting both in a crafting table.

• On my server the MFS Unit Upgrade doesn't work. I'm on forge 497.

There is no error in the log.

I don't know exactly how it is supposed to work but it doesnt work. I tried placing the upgrade inside, right-clicking the pad block and putting both in a crafting table.

The MFS Upgrade is a stepping stone to the Lapotronic Kit, which is what you use to upgrade the Crystalizor pad. :)

For the moment, the MFS Upgrade is nothing other than a recipe item and a future update will see it being able to be used to upgrade an MFE, in-place, but there's no ETA on that. ;P

• The MFS Upgrade is a stepping stone to the Lapotronic Kit, which is what you use to upgrade the Crystalizor pad. :)

For the moment, the MFS Upgrade is nothing other than a recipe item and a future update will see it being able to be used to upgrade an MFE, in-place, but there's no ETA on that. ;P

Ok thanks for clearing that up.

• From your crash report, that's either a problem with TE or, more likely, with NEI (see the stack trace below TE). Back up your world and configs and then try it without NEI. If it works, you know what the real problem is. :P

As it stands, there is nothing in that crash report that would suggest ChargePads is at fault. Sorry. :\

• Looks like the API changed on you with the latest 1.113_205-lf build of IC2

• Looks like the API changed on you with the latest 1.113_205-lf build of IC2

Weird. I'm not getting -any- errors like this, in testing, so I'm completely stumped. :/
    Can you give me some more info as to what you did just prior to seeing this?
    Had you just barely upgraded your IC2 jar?

The thing that's more worrying, I suppose, is the error further down your report:

Code
    Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: world is null
    	at ic2.core.WorldData.get(WorldData.java:19)
    	at ic2.core.network.NetworkManager.updateTileEntityField(NetworkManager.java:85)
    	... 22 more

World is null? O.o

I'll keep poking at this but I think I've tweaked some code and fixed the issue before it became one, on my end (I just haven't released a new zip because the features I was working on aren't completed to a point I'm happy with, yet. *coughupgrademodulescough* ¬_¬)

Regardless, thank you for the error report (moreso for putting it in a spoiler tag! ;D)

• Yea, just went through a big upgrade on the server I admin. Updated IC2, Forestry, ExtraBees, and Unofficial Logistics Pipes (as well as ChickenBones core stuff), but those last 3 are all BuildCraft based. Updated other things in the previous days, but wasn't until this last upgrade that I got the API error from ChargePads and IC2.

Fun part is the charge pad works fine, but it looses its inventory any time the server is reset so I have to run around replacing the upgrades. Everything else about it is fine. (Guess that's why it's a TileEntity, inventory :) )

Only other thing I can think is I was running the 1.112_187 build of IC2 before upgrading and am running Forge build 495.

P.S.
    I wonder if picking it up and replacing it may fix the problem as it will be a brand new TileEntity in the world with all the properties it should have with the API changes. i.e. A bug because it existed before the update?

Edit:
    P.P.S.
    Love the mod, btw :)
    Only thing I've found "better" is the AESU from GregTech. Puts out something like 100K EU/s for charging. Perfect for my GraviChest plate :D

• ...but wasn't until this last upgrade that I got the API error from ChargePads and IC2.

Fun part is the charge pad works fine, but it looses its inventory any time the server is reset so I have to run around replacing the upgrades. Everything else about it is fine. (Guess that's why it's a TileEntity, inventory :) )

Inventory is just one of the reasons... moreso because the IC2 power system requires it to be so. ;)

Only other thing I can think is I was running the 1.112_187 build of IC2 before upgrading and am running Forge build 495.

I was doing similar - and never had any problems.

I wonder if picking it up and replacing it may fix the problem as it will be a brand new TileEntity in the world with all the properties it should have with the API changes. i.e. A bug because it existed before the update?

May well do. Wouldn't be the first mod-based item that doing so has fixed.
    Be sure you use a wrench, though. ;)

Love the mod, btw :)
    Only thing I've found "better" is the AESU from GregTech. Puts out something like 100K EU/s for charging. Perfect for my GraviChest plate :D

Glad it's useful. :)
    No idea what the AESU is, as I refuse to use GT, but I expect you'll like the EV pads that are next on the list after emitter upgrades. ;)

Lemme know how the "pick up and replace" works out for you...

• Hmm, unfortunately that didn't work. Still get the exception on startup. For the moment I think I am the only one on the server using the charge pads so it's not a huge problem for me and in fact I hope this is just some fluke with our server's set up (as much as I'd like it to be a bug you could fix for me in a patch you release tomorrow :p )

At this point I'm tempted to just roll back IC2 and hope for the best (considering the warning spam for for unloaded machines that are attempting to draw power still fills my log files in this latest version)

Any other thoughts on your end?

And thanks for not just writing this off as "couldn't reproduce" :)

P.S.
    AESU - Adjustable Energy Storage Unit. Think of it as an upgrade to the MFSU. Holds 100,000,000 (million) EU and discharges at a configurable EU/t. From 0 - 2048. Quite handy, albeit very expensive to build (something like a stack of diamonds worth of lapotron crystals....) Also accepts EV for input, which is nice.

• Hmm, unfortunately that didn't work. Still get the exception on startup.

Ugh! It looks like it is a bug (just reproduced it on my end), though I dare say it's not my fault. The tile entity trying to push a field update to the IC2 core on world load (funny, that ;)) and IC2 isn't testing to ensure 'world' is non-null (unlike before, I guess). I haven't changed this code in several releases, so it's definitely something in IC2 core (maybe a result of the switch to un/load events).

At this point I'm tempted to just roll back IC2 and hope for the best (considering the warning spam for for unloaded machines that are attempting to draw power still fills my log files in this latest version)

Definitely a valid short-term solution, yeah. :(

Any other thoughts on your end?
    And thanks for not just writing this off as "couldn't reproduce" :)

I need to find a work-around. :P And no worries: you took the time to both 'spoiler' the report (as requested in the OP) and gave me the entire thing - as opposed to an out-of-context, useless snippet. ;)

AESU - Adjustable Energy Storage Unit. Think of it as an upgrade to the MFSU. Holds 100,000,000 (million) EU and discharges at a configurable EU/t. From 0 - 2048. Quite handy, albeit very expensive to build (something like a stack of diamonds worth of lapotron crystals....) Also accepts EV for input, which is nice.

Ahh... I've heard people discussing that. Should go well with the EV pad. ;)

• We're getting serious errors with ChargePads with the new IC2 dev build as well. Whenever we restart the server, all upgrades in our ChargePads disappear. We'll sit tight for an update :)

• We're getting serious errors with ChargePads with the new IC2 dev build as well. Whenever we restart the server, all upgrades in our ChargePads disappear. We'll sit tight for an update :)

Thanks for the confirmation. :)

I've already been able to reproduce the issue locally and have fixed it (in SSP) for the next build. It still needs tested in SMP, though, and I won't release until I'm sure.

Also, if y'all are lucky, there'll be some new features, too... we shall see how long it takes for SMP to be tested. :)

In other words: Soon™! ;]