[IC2 Exp][1.6.4][V1.118] Advanced Power Management V1.2.85-IC2_1.118

• Oh. My. God. Thanks so much for the storage monitors! Creating my self-managing electricity grid just got easier. Now i can detect a low storage device whilst having the storage device itself set to stop emitting on redstone signal.

Thanks a bunch!

• Can you discharge the internal EU storage from the charging bench to other machines connected to it?

Not directly, the charging bench is designed for transferring energy into items rather than other machines. What you can do though is to charge batteries or energy crystals in a bench and then place them into a battery station, which will emit the power to your machines as needed. You can build an automated system to do this with relative ease, or you can move items by hand.

If you want to drain all of the energy out of a charging bench (perhaps to relocate it), I'd suggest attaching a lever and activating it to stop the bench from accepting energy before charging the batteries/crystals.

Or if you just want to limit how much energy it accepts to some value lower than its normal maximum, attach a storage monitor with a card monitoring the bench, and invert its output with a redstone torch. The torch can be right next to the bench. Set the upper threshold to the maximum energy you want the bench to store, and the lower to some level at which you want it to begin recharging.

If you happen to have a very high rate of energy being transferred over the cables connected to the bench (from multiple storage units or several transformers converting down from higher voltages), you could even limit the bench's storage to 10% or less using that method, so that it keeps only a small buffer and accepts that incoming energy at the same time as it spends it to recharge items!

Oh. My. God. Thanks so much for the storage monitors! Creating my self-managing electricity grid just got easier. Now i can detect a low storage device whilst having the storage device itself set to stop emitting on redstone signal.

Thanks a bunch!

Glad to hear you're finding it useful! Shutting off a normal storage unit's output with that signal isn't a use we'd considered, so thanks for the idea. ;)

• I'll echo the thanks for the storage monitors. I'm using three of them on this world: one for purely display purposes, one for turning on "emergency" power generation when energy drops below 10%, and one for turning on a mass fabber to drain energy when the storage is over 95%. It was really easy to set them up, and they do their job beautifully.

The idea of using them to limit storage amount in a charging bench I hadn't thought of -- that's a brilliant scheme. Thanks again!

• Yup. You can limit how much power is stored in a storage device quite easily using one of these and a eu splitter cable. This leaves you free to use the Do not emit on signal /emit only on signal on the storage device. Using many storage monitors you could have many presets for storing a certain amount of power. With some logic gates and a a manual lever, you could have a self-managing power system with priority! YOu oculd have security be a priority, and based on info from the power monitors, reduce power to other storage devices. When redpower gets updated, all that logic could be in a redpower computer, which is what i plan to do. I plan to have a day/night switch and many different power sources all managed by one computer!

• will someone please link me to ic2 version 1.107... I feel so stupid because i cant find it anywhere... only 1.106 shows up on the ic2 pages
    :Nano-Helmet:

• :Nano-Bodyarmor::Nano Saber:

:Nano-Leggings:
    :Rubber Boots:

• Tallinu and myself did our very first "Let's Play" SMP series on the KaijinCraft server. It's our first time doing something like this but we think it came out decently. It also has a preview of some upcoming changes to the Battery Station that we're excited about, as well as a little glimpse at a still-unreleased mod we've been working on since April.

We plan more of these Let's Play episodes going forward! Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/GjSvol5oAyY

• do you know were i would get this file Charging Bench-1.0.9-IC2_1.106.jar 1.0.9-IC2_1.106 from ?? thanks it would really help

• So I connected an Energy Storage(Thermal Expansion) to an Adjustable Engine(Transformers 1.6) which then connected to a HV battery station(APM). I inserted a lapotron inside and... game instantly crashed with this crash log:

No idea if this has to do with mod but the mod was mentioned.

• We're using Transformers 1.6 with APM and TE without any problems. First, make sure that the version of IC2 you're running is the one that your version of APM was built for.

Code
    Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: ic2.api.Direction.toForgeDirection()Lnet/minecraftforge/common/ForgeDirection;
        at snyke7.Transformers.TileICEngine.acceptsEnergyFrom(TileICEngine.java:138)

This line suggests that some mod is loading an older version of the IC2 API. Check your other mods that use it. Instructions elsewhere on the IC2 forums suggest deleting the IC2 API folders from the jars / zips of mods other than IC2 itself to make sure that only the newest version of it is loaded.

If you can't find the mod causing the problem, try making a test world with the setup you described, then start removing mods until it no longer crashes.

• Yeah, that was the first thing I did was to go through the mods trying to find the one with the outdated API but I couldn't and it was pretty late so went to bed. Woke up this morning and IC2 1.109 was out so spent most of the day updating addons and getting the server to work :)

Just missing Transformers and APM currently.

• Yeah, that was the first thing I did was to go through the mods trying to find the one with the outdated API but I couldn't and it was pretty late so went to bed. Woke up this morning and IC2 1.109 was out so spent most of the day updating addons and getting the server to work :)

Just missing Transformers and APM currently.

We have APM compiled and it seems to run fine, we just want to do a little more testing prior to release. I hate releasing things untested. It leads to all sorts of issues. :)

As to the issue you were having, the stack trace you posted shows the problem is definitely caused by the Transformers mod trying to access "ic2.api.Direction.toForgeDirection()"
    in the TileICEngine.acceptsEnergyFrom call in Transformers. This is usually either an outdated forge, IC2 or API in some way. We don't package the API with our mod to avoid API issues and we're successfully using APM with Transformers (and a ton of others).

Of course, hopefully none of this will matter now that everything is moving to 1.109. :)

• With the mods stabilizing at 1.45, I am re-launching my server. So, in preparation I am making the necessary requests for permission to include the mods in a modpack for private, non-commercial distribution to the server members. I will be including a credits file in the pack acknowledging the hard work of the mod authors and giving links back to this thread.

Thanks for your consideration, and all of the hard work.

• I hope your users enjoy Advanced Power Management! :) We've enjoyed making it and using it ourselves!
    As long as you follow the guidelines here, which it looks like you are, then modpack inclusion is completely fine.

We are in final testing for the IC2 1.109 APM update. We're hoping to get it out tonight, but it may be late at night.

• I hope your users enjoy Advanced Power Management! :) We've enjoyed making it and using it ourselves!
    As long as you follow the guidelines here, which it looks like you are, then modpack inclusion is completely fine.

We are in final testing for the IC2 1.109 APM update. We're hoping to get it out tonight, but it may be late at night.

Thanks for the response, and keep up the good work. Looking forward to adding your machines to our setups.

• We are in final testing for the IC2 1.109 APM update. We're hoping to get it out tonight, but it may be late at night.

I'm glad to hear that. I was just poking around here because it's looking like APM and Compact Solars are the last two mods keeping my server back from 1.4.5. Can't actually start the update 'till Monday, but I've got to stay on top of these things.

I really appreciate the recent updates to what used to be the Charging Bench Addon. I just made my first monitor and I'm loving it. Can't wait to make a bank of them.

• Advanced Power Management 1.1.40 for IC2 1.109 and Minecraft 1.4.5 has been posted!

11/25/2012 1.1.40-IC2_1.109:

• Updated codebase for Minecraft 1.4.5, MCP 7.21, Minecraft Forge 6.4.0.394, Industrial Craft 2. 1.109 beta
    • Battery Station now has two operating modes, accept always and only when needed. In the accept always mode it immediately moves items placed in the input slot into the main discharge area. In the only when needed mode, it will hold an item placed in the input slot until it's actually needed to maintain the EU output rate. This allows the Battery Station to place restrictions on automation systems on how many items it will accept and allows smarter automation systems to detect when the Battery Station needs an additional item sent to it.
    • Battery Station now also displays the average EU/t used and estimated time remaining until energy stores are depleted based on the actual charge level of all of the items in its inventory.
    • The LV, MV, HV and EV emitters have been removed. Existing placed emitters will all automatically update to an Adjustable Emitter with the appropriate packet size and output rate. For now, any leftover LV, MV, HV, and EV emitters in your inventory will place the new adjustable emitters instead, but we recommend grabbing new adjustable emitters from the creative inventory since the old items may be fully removed in some future version.
    • Custom item type background overlays have been updated on the Charging Bench, Battery Station and Storage monitor in appropriate areas. This replaces drawn in item types and is now possible thanks to a new Forge hook.
    • A bunch of behind the scenes code optimization has been done.