[IC2 Exp][1.6.4][V1.118] Advanced Power Management V1.2.85-IC2_1.118

• I have to say that I love this mod. I adds necessary components that make managing electrical items in one's inventory a breeze. The addition of the storage monitor was perfect for me and easily allowed me to prevent huge amounts of energy losses (like auto turning off items when power was near 90% or sending power to my mass fabricator :Matter: only when the mfsu is 99 percent full). Terrific job! :thumbup:

My only suggestion is more or an addition that would fit. Could you add an item called (or similar to) the Portable Dis-charger Station. It would be a item that only functions in an inventory. When right clicked, it would open a GUI with 2 slots. The first slot would be for any charging bench component kit. Only placed, the device would gain a max internal storage relevant to the component kit. The second slot would open, in which it would drain power from items to put towards its internal battery. The function of the the item would be simple. When turned on (maybe shift+right click like the electric wrench to change modes) It will constantly try and recharge all items in your inventory (including armor) through the internal storage. It is just a thought, and it would save players a chest slot, allowing them to wear full quantum armor (or a jet pack) and still use "low internal energy storage items", such as the drill. :Diamond Drill:

• I really like this addon but have a suggestion:
    Add something like an adjustable transformer, crafted by combining all 3 transformers with some advanced circuits and machine blocks maybe. It takes in up to EV and you can limit the output to everything you want. Can be useful for a mass fab that runs constantly if you have 10 MFSUs hooked up to your Energy Net but only want it to take up 1000 eu per tick.

• I really like this addon but have a suggestion:
    Add something like an adjustable transformer, crafted by combining all 3 transformers with some advanced circuits and machine blocks maybe. It takes in up to EV and you can limit the output to everything you want. Can be useful for a mass fab that runs constantly if you have 10 MFSUs hooked up to your Energy Net but only want it to take up 1000 eu per tick.

Tallinu and I have been talking about an Adjustable Transformer for awhile now, even before we started adding the other blocks beyond the Charging Bench to APM. We have something similar to your suggestion already in the planning stage.

I have to say that I love this mod. I adds necessary components that make managing electrical items in one's inventory a breeze. The addition of the storage monitor was perfect for me and easily allowed me to prevent huge amounts of energy losses (like auto turning off items when power was near 90% or sending power to my mass fabricator :Matter: only when the mfsu is 99 percent full). Terrific job! :thumbup:

My only suggestion is more or an addition that would fit. Could you add an item called (or similar to) the Portable Dis-charger Station. It would be a item that only functions in an inventory. When right clicked, it would open a GUI with 2 slots. The first slot would be for any charging bench component kit. Only placed, the device would gain a max internal storage relevant to the component kit. The second slot would open, in which it would drain power from items to put towards its internal battery. The function of the the item would be simple. When turned on (maybe shift+right click like the electric wrench to change modes) It will constantly try and recharge all items in your inventory (including armor) through the internal storage. It is just a thought, and it would save players a chest slot, allowing them to wear full quantum armor (or a jet pack) and still use "low internal energy storage items", such as the drill. :Diamond Drill:

Thanks! I'm glad you are finding APM useful! As to your suggestion, I'm not sure that we want to add something like that but I'll talk to Tallinu and get his opinion on it. There are other mods (Gravitation Suit for one) that provide advanced electrical armor with EU storage that would fit the bill of large portable EU storage.

• Version 1.1.42 posted! This is a recommended update for anyone and required for anyone who wants to run Forge 6.4.1.409 or greater. Failure to update to 1.1.42 prior to updating to Forge 6.4.1.409 or greater will result in all APM machines losing their states. This means anything in their inventory will disappear, any charge they had will be lost and any settings will also be lost. You've been warned!

As always, make a backup of your world prior to updating. I don't expect anything to go wrong, but you never know. I've tested this for the last couple of days without issues but that doesn't mean we didn't miss something.

Changelog:
    ---
    12/05/2012 1.1.42-IC2_1.109:
    Actually fixed critical bug listed fixed in 1.1.41. Turns out this only happened with Forge 6.4.1.409 and higher. This version works with the newest Forge versions without any known issues.

12/02/2012 1.1.41-IC2_1.109:
    Fixed critical bug where machines would not drop their contents (and probably not invalidate their TileEntities or remove themselves from the energy net) when broken. No other changes but this is a highly recommended update

• Apologies, but I am not going to down port this all the way back to Minecraft 1.2.5. There was a huge change in the way Forge works between 1.2.5. and 1.3.2 due to the integration of the server and client. There is a ton of code changes that would be required and it's just not worth it. Is there a reason you can't update to a more recent version of Minecraft?

• i got some mods and these are not going be updated anymore.

so thats why.

and i need a power management mod. i got everything for it to have this mod.

• If you absolutely cannot update to a current version of Minecraft due to a couple of mods that have been abandoned, you might want to consider abandoning those mods, or finding somebody to maintain those mods and move them forward.

The other option is to find somebody willing to backport this mod. The source is freely available. :) I should say though that it won't be as easy as recompiling it with an earlier MCP and Forge or even just a couple of tweaks here and there. It will be a major undertaking and refactoring of the code and will have to be done every time the mod gets updated. It's not something I would wish on anyone.

• That's a very interesting idea and actually something we've been mulling over. It would fit with the mod in general. Let me discuss this more with Tallinu as what that other mod does may be able to be handled in the Adjustable Transformer we're working on.

• There we go:

Steps to reproduce: place a charging bench (implements IEnergyStorage) next to a teleporter and link the teleporter to another one, so it can try to teleport you. Then, try to teleport.

Lack of IWrenchable means the other possible bug/crash isn't there, happily.

• Yay! An undocumented feature! :)

Looks like it's just an API update where we aren't implementing an appropriate method (isTeleporterCompatible) that didn't exist in 1.109. Should be a quick and easy fix.

I think that we want to return false on that, since the Charging Bench isn't designed to store energy like a MFSU. I'll get my development environment setup this weekend and release a new version to fix this and anything else that pops up.

Thanks Narc!

• For some reason, since updating to IC2 v1.110, my MV Charging Station is no longer drawing power from cables. Have tried a fresh world with just a 32EU/t Quantum Generator from Advanced Solars into an LV Charging Station, but it seems to be receiving no power; I assume some EnergyNet change happened IC2-side.

Ignore this message - turns out I was just being REALLY dumb. It works fine :)

I am curious though - SOMETHING has changed IC2-side that's affected my energy setup somehow.

SETUP: MFSU being powered with 180EU/t, flowing energy through an MV Transformer across Gold Cables. Gold Cables are holding my MV Charging Station, 1 Industrial Electrolyzer (GregTech), 4 Recyclers, 1 Induction Furnace, and the 3 upgraded machines from Advanced Solars (redstone powered, so drawing 1EU/t). At the end of the Gold Cables is an LV Transformer pumping into a BatBox, which is powering 2 Industrial Centrifuges (GregTech). In IC2 1.109 this setup worked perfectly; all my machines were receiving a beautiful amount of power. But all that's changed is the update to 1.110 and suddenly the Charging Station won't draw power anymore. Any idea as to what might be messed up here?

• I am curious though - SOMETHING has changed IC2-side that's affected my energy setup somehow.

SETUP: MFSU being powered with 180EU/t, flowing energy through an MV Transformer across Gold Cables. Gold Cables are holding my MV Charging Station, 1 Industrial Electrolyzer (GregTech), 4 Recyclers, 1 Induction Furnace, and the 3 upgraded machines from Advanced Solars (redstone powered, so drawing 1EU/t). At the end of the Gold Cables is an LV Transformer pumping into a BatBox, which is powering 2 Industrial Centrifuges (GregTech). In IC2 1.109 this setup worked perfectly; all my machines were receiving a beautiful amount of power. But all that's changed is the update to 1.110 and suddenly the Charging Station won't draw power anymore. Any idea as to what might be messed up here?

I've been unable to replicate any issues with the charging benches not pulling power, but that said, the API did change and there are some interfaces in the IEnergySink interface we have to implement now under 1.110.

Try the new version I'm attaching below and let me know if that fixes it. All I've done with this version is implement the required extra interfaces. If it still isn't working, I'll look into it further. This should be considered beta since it isn't tested to my normal strict standards yet, but it has been running fine in my existing world so it should be okay. This version should also fix the "undocumented feature" caused by the API update reported by narc a couple posts up.

-edit-
    This beta removed so there's no confusion. Please use the latest version in the opening post.