Need a generation system that can output 10252 EU/t.

• This may seem easy, but it is not. That 10253 is my baseline load, meaning the generator must run nonstop. That rules out a nuclear piles above MK1, generators, too-high windmills, water mills, and geothermal. I have a very limited space to fit it in piles, two 9x6x3 blocks, which rules out me adding containments and thus rules out SUC based systems.

And before you say solar or wind, Snow is likely to collect upon the arrays and wind lacks the density to prevent losses related to transmission (solar has a similar problem, but is a little less with HV arrays).

I did get a setup of 72 nuclear piles (18 Quadrant V Mod 0 hybrid breeders and 54 two chamber MK1 generators) that could manage a little over half of what I need, but I would likely need cables to carry a redstone signal to make it practical. (I saw this suggestion earlier today, but did not see a real use until now.)

Edit: I would be able to access the piles from below through the cables it looks like.

Now the set up has 54 breeders and 54 generators. Good thing I have other ways of getting the materials, otherwise I would be in some serious trouble.

A Rock Raider trained as an Engineer, among other things.

Edited once, last by RockRaiderZulu ().

• I'm pretty certain that snow doesn't affect solar panels, so why not HV solars and you just stick a fence post on top if snow does affect it?

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Official Post

I'm pretty certain that snow doesn't affect solar panels, so why not HV solars and you just stick a fence post on top if snow does affect it?

Or glass, but i'm sure it doesnt affect.

Wind mills if properly used don't lose almost any energy on transmission. [Reverted MV transformers as relays + Glass fiber cables... explained on my tutorial]
    Try my design : Wind Engineering by me
    It is compact and you can generate 10K EU/t using about 64x64 or less (if you use both compact and normal setup on same chunks)

• Well, another obstacle is the terrain is not very conducive to either as I am a hill that has a lot of ice and I burn through charcoal like crazy for torches, so I have trees planted every where I can get the wood, apples, and saplings without killing myself from cliff diving. It does not help that the terrain generator spammed (and I mean spammed) Elloram's volcanoes everywhere. I also updated the OP.

Just checked, the arrays are not affected by snow. And with the 36 extra piles, I would only need 4HV, an MV and 5LV arrays fill in for the baseload. That said, I did find out from my last world that would it take more than double that due to night and weather.

I am surprised that no one has asked why I need such a power house or commented on the sheer amount of reactors planned.

• Greg's lightning rods with the config set to occur without lighting needed?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• One HV Solar Array produces 512 Eu/tic.

To prevent snow collecting on your solars:

Put down one torch. Now put four HV arrays around it. Congratulations, snow will now never collect on them, because of the torch! Now just wire it up normally, and you're done.

• Official Post

One HV Solar Array produces 512 Eu/tic.

To prevent snow collecting on your solars:

Put down one torch. Now put four HV arrays around it. Congratulations, snow will now never collect on them, because of the torch! Now just wire it up normally, and you're done.

Or place glass above each solar, since snow doesn't form above glass.
    Anyway, snow won't stop solar from working i think as snow covers are not opaque.

• Or place glass above each solar, since snow doesn't form above glass.
    Anyway, snow won't stop solar from working i think as snow covers are not opaque.

Quite true on both points, but since he'll be needing four of them to match his energy demands anyways, and he doesn't want mobs spawning on them, it'll kill two birds with one stone.

• Official Post

Quite true on both points, but since he'll be needing four of them to match his energy demands anyways, and he doesn't want mobs spawning on them, it'll kill two birds with one stone.

As far as i remember mobs don't spawn on glass =D.

• New problem: I got my piles sorted, but now I am having to do a little rewiring. The set in question is the one with 3 chamber units. I am think about just placing a line along them in the outer troughs made by the chambers with a single HV tranny at the end as a booster. I have already accepted the lag that it will generate, as the 96 piles in the hall will likely dwarf that, but possible losses from bounce-back will still be a problem. Is this something I need to be worried about or will the intersections be one way in nature? The new generators now produce 200EU/t each, giving the full 90 pile setup an output of 10440 EU/t.

I am also having a spot of trouble with wiring up the breaker room, but that would best be for another topic methinks.

An a side note, the arrays will work with snow cover.

The second setup (I found the space to expand the hall, which is in that hill):

• That is why I had started to harden the place with Restone, considered the hassle of fueling, defense, and other things, and decided to break down a make an addon that adds the NTS (Nuclear TurboShaft)-02 and the infrastructure required to build and support one.

• BUT WHAT THE HELL DO YOU NEED ALL THAT POWER FOT???
    Macerators, maybe?

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!

• why you want matter if you already have creative mode?

Probably for the challenge of engineering a system capable of producing 10252 eu/t

• How is HV solars cheating if you're dumping the same amount of resources on solars? Because it's smaller and causes less E-net updates and thus less lag? If you're crafting each solar panel and upgrading each one into a LV array before starting on making more LV arrays before making one MV array, and then doing that whole process again 7 times before making one HV array... How is it cheating? It's smaller, which is the point, less solar spam, less lag from e-net updates. Instead of making a massive solar flower for maybe 50EU/t, one can craft a MV array, which while it uses more panels, is only one block.

If the reason people say HV arrays are cheating is because they are smaller(so one can increase density and thus output), people on the IC2 forums need to give their heads a collective shake and craft some manually. No quarries, no miners. No minions or Dense Ore symbol spamming. Legit mining of coal, macerating of coal, and crafting. It's fuggin' expensive. One can even make it harder by using GregTech, which makes green power more expensive, and thus less desirable. Then it takes a full stack of sand to make one Si-Cell, and you need 2(IIRC) to make one solar, as well as a carbon plate. And getting the Cells takes EU and time, so it's even less ideal.

If people really think they are overpowered, they should look at them in a vacuum. Then add more things until you find what makes them seem "OP". More often then not, it's something else which makes it "OP".

Apprentice Redstoner, Professional Slacker