Two questions, about the Pump and Teleporter.

• 1: Is the Pump meant to only take the lava source block directly below it out and no others? Because its pretty much usless like that except for celling water. And why can't it directly pump into a water mill?

2: How exactly do you channel energy into a Teleporter? No type of wire links up to it, and all attempts of powering it directly from a mfsu so far have failed.

• 1) I hope it's not desired behavior, but it probably is. I think it would be so much more useful if it was a larger area too. However, although still bugged placing a Miner next to it with an OV scanner massively increases the area

• 1) I hope it's not desired behavior, but it probably is. I think it would be so much more useful if it was a larger area too. However, although still bugged placing a Miner next to it with an OV scanner massively increases the area

Thanks, and btw what exactly is the difference between a miner with a OV and a OD scanner in it?

• Thanks, and btw what exactly is the difference between a miner with a OV and a OD scanner in it?

OD scanner lets the miner mine resources in a 5x5 area.
    The OV scanner lets the miner mine resources in a 9x9 area.

• Official Post

Place a pump next to a miner and it will enable the miner to extract liquids.
    You will need Cells in the pump and a chest nearby.
    A miner with adjacent pump will ONLY actively scan for lava blocks... if it hit's water, it will just pierce through and ignore it (as i don't see a point in harvesting water, it's infinitely avaible either way).

• Place a pump next to a miner and it will enable the miner to extract liquids.
    You will need Cells in the pump and a chest nearby.
    A miner with adjacent pump will ONLY actively scan for lava blocks... if it hit's water, it will just pierce through and ignore it (as i don't see a point in harvesting water, it's infinitely avaible either way).

I like to make auto fillers.

• Are you sure about lava?
    I've tested it - i've made a small lake of lava, and miner just pierced it, like the water. Tried differend drills and scanners.

Cutiemark crusaders - engineers, Yay!
    Blown up: Industrial Blast Furnace, Industrial Wiremill, Singularity compressor, Extractor.

• The problem I'm having is after it's filled up a cell with lava (miner, pump, chest setup) I have to take the drill out and put it back in for it to do the next cell.

• Official Post

The problem I'm having is after it's filled up a cell with lava (miner, pump, chest setup) I have to take the drill out and put it back in for it to do the next cell.

Confirmed. Having exactly the same problem. Seems to be something to do with waiting for the pumps next operation to be ready and doesn't trigger the miner to start again. If you remove and replace the drill before the pump has recharged, then it won't work. But if you let the pump charge up, then replace the drill, it starts working again.

• Oh, i see. And if you have only one layer of lava, miner will pierce it, ignore the rest of lava, and continue mining without waiting for pump to recharge.
    I'll try use two pumps and the regular drill to decrease the mining speed.

Blown up: Industrial Blast Furnace, Industrial Wiremill, Singularity compressor, Extractor.

• Interesting: the miner with the two pumps attached to it, mined all lava from the 2x3x2 pool, but all cells were generated by the same pump.

• Official Post

I think the pump speed is fine, there just has to be a 'wait' put in place for the miner when it encounters lava.

Something like:

If Pump=ready -> then-mine lava
    If Pump=notready -> then-wait for pump

Then just have an argument sent from the pump to communicate with the miner to say it's ready and restart the miner.

Not sure if this is possible, as my coding knowledge is very basic. Would save having to rebalance the pump though.

• Guess the pump is too slow. Will be fixed.

may be this won't solve the problem.

I observed this and it is seems something like this:
    1) Miner mines lava
    2) Pump is starting to recharge.
    3) Miner tries to start mining next piece of lava - no recharged pump next to miner - miner stucks.
    I think so, because in the setup
    Pump1 Miner Pump2
    Miner with a regular drill can harvest all the lava, and all the lava cells are produced by pump2. So, it can recharge with the speed of the mining.
    But!
    In the setup
    Pump Miner
    Miner stucks.