[Suggestion] X-ray googles

• I want to build underground complex like NORAD. Problem is that is hard to design big complex under irregular mountains.

X-Ray goggles could help with this task. I think when putted on instead of walking it should zooming out and in to picture in black&white "slice" of the ground. White areas would be where are more ground, and darker where are more air. Some stuff, like forcefield, should interfere with it and some, like reinforced concrete should block it completely.

• Why? For building huge builds just install other tools. There are all sorts of minimaps, and so. Beside, I tried to code such funny thingy, for my own amusment, and I will tell You one thing. It will eat Your CPU. Really. On distance 64 blocks (far render ?), It have to read each block in a minimal square of 64X128X128= 1 048 576 blocks. And when we want to add color masks You have to do a raycasting thingy in many directions. And all that on each tick, or on each action. Well that will actually eat lot of RAM, and CPU. Solution is to do a smaller distance (like 8 blocks), but then It will be not so good for building huge...

Other solution is to get x-ray mod (think that it was called something diffrente, but google it), and try build with that with a huge lag :)

• No need to cheat at all.

How about some helmet (may be Quantum one or a new special Sonic Helmet) will show player direction of each sound in a visor area by simple ping indicator in HUD. This will help to locate "strange sounds" generated by Minecraft in the nearby dark caverns.

• will show player direction of each sound in a visor area by simple ping indicator in HUD. This will help to locate "strange sounds" generated by Minecraft in the nearby dark caverns.

I guess this is a good, funny and non-OP way to do it.

Why do we need X-Ray-Goggles, when we have TNT-Piston-Cheaty-X-Ray-Machines in vanilla Minecraft?

Exploiting is kinda like cheating. (I know, it's strange from someone that had used so much CASUC or others mods-interaction exploits, but doing it with MC-vanilla ... I guess CASUC from example, even if OP, were in parts known from Alblaka/Elooram ... but what you used wasn't really planned by Notch ^^)

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!