Getting started?

• Thanks. Another clueless question, I'm not using eclipse, so where must I save the mod file and what must it be titled?

Since pretty much every tutorial out there is for Eclipse, I highly recommend its use

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• How are you decompiling Minecraft and setting up Eclipse?

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• How are you decompiling Minecraft and setting up Eclipse?

First I take a clean Minecraft .jar and install the newest versions of IC2 and Forge. Game works fine. I copy the bin and lib files into jar and lib, respectively. I decompile with a few errors that seemed commonplace (someone else got the same thing earlier in the thread), but when I choose the eclipse folder as my workspace, it gets like 1000+ errors with the code.

• You have to copy the ic2/common directory from mcp/src/minecraft into mcp/src/common/ic2 of a mcp-forge folder. Take the API from the zip to complete the sources.

So you need a 2. mcp folder + forge-src and the run mcp/forge/install.cmd to become a mcp decompilation including forge sources.

If you do right, you will have 66 or 67 errors, but they will fast fixed.

• You have to copy the ic2/common directory from mcp/src/minecraft into mcp/src/common/ic2 of a mcp-forge folder. Take the API from the zip to complete the sources.

So you need a 2. mcp folder + forge-src and the run mcp/forge/install.cmd to become a mcp decompilation including forge sources.

If you do right, you will have 66 or 67 errors, but they will fast fixed.

I'm sorry, what?

I couldn't understand that. At all.

• So in the right order.

1. of all you need MCP 7.2, Industrialcraft 1.107 open beta (Mod and API), Minecraft Forge 4.2.5.303 or higher (src and universal).

2. make 2 directories. One for MCP vanilla and one for MCP forge. Extract MCP 7.2 to both directories and then copy the ./minecraft/bin directory plus minecraft_server.jar to the jar directory of both MCP directories.

3. copy and extract minecraftforge-src-4.2.5.303+.zip in the MCP forge directory. After that go to the forge directory and start the install.cmd. You will now have your eclipse environment to work on a Modloader or Forge Mod.

4. open the minecraft.jar (with winrar) in the MCP vanilla folder and add all files from industrialcraft and minecraftforge-universal-4.2.5.303+.zip. Delete the 3 xxIntegration folder in the ic2 directory of minecraft.jar

5. copy the files from MCP forge/lib to MCP vanilla/lib

6. start (in MCP vanilla) updatemcp.bat and after that decompile.bat

7. copy (from the MCP vanilla folder) src/minecraft/ic2/* to src/common/ (of the MCP forge folder) and replace the API folder with the one you downloaded.

8. Start eclipse and use the eclipse folder of the MCP forge directory.

9. correct the sources so you can compile and run (the armor and ic2/sound + ic2/sprites folders go to the \eclipse\Minecraft\bin folder to make it useable while you compile and run from eclipse)

10. learn java so you will understand and can make logic conclusions

• Error with retroguard on your step 6 while decompiling vanilla folder ic2:

Code
    == MCP 7.2 (data: 7.2, client: 1.3.2, server: 1.3.2) ==# found ff, ff patches, srgs, name csvs, doc csvs, param csvs, renumber csv, astyle, astyle config> Creating Retroguard config files!! Modified jar detected. Unpredictable results !!== Decompiling client using fernflower ==> Creating SRGs> Applying Retroguard'"C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_06\bin\java" -cp "runtime\bin\retroguard.jar;lib;lib\*;jars\bin\mine...' failed : 1
    == ERRORS FOUND ==
    Unrecoverable error during obfuscation, see log file for details.RetroGuard error: COM.rl.obf.classfile.ClassFileException: ClassNotFound net/minecraftforge/common/ISidedInventory==================
    Decompile failedPress any key to continue . . .