[1.106] Nuclear Reactor changes were poorly thought out and are now useless for skilled players

• The problem with nuclear is twofold

1. Without CASUC cooling, reactor outputs are not worth the tedious labor to set up a reactor and refuel it every 2.8 hours. If you cannot get 1000 EU/tick out of a single reactor, it simply isn't worth the effort to set up. Massive windmill farms are much easier to spam in large numbers, and they never have to be refueled.

2. Many of the parts involved in reactors are non-stackable items. Especially the complex layouts that are required now with the new reactor modules. This makes it extremely tedious to set up reactors to run, making them essentially non-viable.

As this new feature is broken, please either remove it from the game next release or restore CASUC cooling.

• After I install this new rss feed reader, I can see the IC2 forum update anytime....
    Anyway, I think someone will create a CASUC addon, because I don't think the devs will restore CASUC in the near future...

Dota 2 player at SEA server.

For me nothing is OP. It just a mod for fun and I'm playing it for fun. Unless it created items from nothing. Automining not included, neither do in case of self replicating machine. However GregTech is still good, so:

GregTech Documentation Task Force Needed!

• Why can't the devs include both CASUC and the new updates? Or pehaps...dry ice with 2x the cooling of regular ice and can only be made with UU matter

• Official Post

We're intending to create an own mechanism for advanced Cooling. Specificially Richard said he would like to add some real coolant, which is not based around throwing waterbuckets into a high-tech reactor.

edit: Why the heck is this in the bug section in first place?!

• It'

edit: Why the heck is this in the bug section in first place?!

It's in the bug section because if you'd tested your mods with beta testers who actually are good at the game, you'd have found out that these changes were a bad idea.

Much like if you'd tested your code seriously at all, you would not have missed the major server crashing bugs.

• It's in the bug section because if you'd tested your mods with beta testers who actually are good at the game, you'd have found out that these changes were a bad idea.

How were they a bad idea? Reactors got a massive buff, this thread right here is on a working CASUC in the newest version with future improvements bringing it up to 3000+ eu/t with the discussion of 4096 eu/t. This is a suggestion, not a bug as there is nothing wrong with the code behind them in any way.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

Much like if you'd tested your code seriously at all, you would not have missed the major server crashing bugs.

Thanks for finding an adequate way to express my oppinion. ~ Alb

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.