• Hello, im hoping you might be able to help me. I'm attempting to have a
    rubber tree plantation in swampland and i would like to know what the
    distance between trees should be. I planted one rubber tree on a space
    formerly occupied by an oak tree, and it grew instantly to full height. I
    planted another sapling on a small hill some distance away, and it
    hasn't grown.

Is there a minimum number of blocks that must
    surround the sapling before it will grow into a tree? Also, how often
    does the hole in a rubber tree produce sap?

• I typically plant them with a 3 space gap between trees

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• How come some sprout instantly, but others never seem to sprout? (in the instant growing case, i dont have bonemeal or anything like that)

• I think the time is just random.

If the trees never seem to grow: might be a space issue. It seems to me that they need 2 blocks of space around them (I plant them 2 apart), except for the layer of the sapling (like a birch tree). If you plant on a hillside, tall grass or flowers can stick into the area and hinder the growth. At least this has happened to me some times.

I typically plant them with a 3 space gap between trees

I don't plant with fewer than 4 spaces. 3 is way too close, and makes the
    leaves run into each other, decreasing the amount of saplings you get
    when you chop them down.

• Silty: You can go down to 2 if you don't want to waste space: Plant 5 apart, wait till the trees have grown, remove the leaves and gather the saplings (cut down + replant if you get too few resin holes), and after you got your 5*5 grid grown you can plant between them at 2 distance. No leaves wasted. Looks ugly but is very effective.

• I normally do a 1 space gap, growing 1 at a time and clear leaves and normally focus on a single line if possible. It does look a little messy. I've also made it a habit of making sure they are 5 logs high, replanting if they are short and chopping down if they are too tall. It takes some time to get my farm efficient, but it eventually functions great.

• I normally do a 1 space gap, growing 1 at a time and clear leaves and normally focus on a single line if possible. It does look a little messy. I've also made it a habit of making sure they are 5 logs high, replanting if they are short and chopping down if they are too tall. It takes some time to get my farm efficient, but it eventually functions great.

Please don't revive threads, especially when they are one year old.