What do you guys all think about the new goal for forge to have updates out before the release of Major versions of Minecraft?

• I'm sick and tired of repeating that the Mojang API will NOT be at Forge's level. Forge will still exist

Lies! *Rolls eyes* I don't know why so many people are like so supportive and think it will be good. What assholes, they only added it after we bitched for 2 + years and no we don't fucking need them lol.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• Lies! *Rolls eyes* I don't know why so many people are like so supportive and think it will be good. What assholes, they only added it after we bitched for 2 + years and no we don't fucking need them lol.

I hope for this: Minecraft API rovides Plugin support like Bukkit (Bukkit Team is currently employed be (or only helping?) Mojang) and Forge brings the awesome mod support.

DREAMWORLD im comming ;)

• I hope for this: Minecraft API rovides Plugin support like Bukkit (Bukkit Team is currently employed be (or only helping?) Mojang) and Forge brings the awesome mod support.

DREAMWORLD im comming ;)

We don't need that though anymore. Forge can do the same thing now, just to many people refuse to try it or make addons that are useful.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• So it looks like Forge is really trying to up the game and it seems from what I been hearing CPW is trying to get mod devs to in fact have their mods done ahead of time and ready for the launch of new versions. What do you think of it and are you a player or a server owner?

I personally love it even if they are not stable. I mean it gets to the point where you wait almost 2 months for a mod to release and then it never even shows up but having forge encourage developers to try to release their mods the day of a release I think is great and even more since we get the pre releases to really get a head start.

I doubt and this is only personal judgement that IC will be ready anytime since to many the devs been busy in real life and that's fine it sucks for us but they are allowed lives too :P, but I can tell you that BuildCraft has already been updated and a few others have been claiming their ready so its going be exciting even if its not close to home here but just watching the mods all crank up at once.

I think this is precisely the point of the entire Forge and FML project since day one. And, barring the enormous curveball that 1.3.x threw at the devs, it seems to be working.

As of right now, Forge is updated, BC and IC2 have beta versions out, Forestry is in closed beta development, most of the dependent mods are either done or almost done. Really, only RP2 is lagging, and that's because Elo had to go and COMPLETELY rewrite microblocks and like half her mod to get it to work with 1.3.x, plus put in new content as well. Other than that, the only mods that I'm waiting for are ones in initial development (Thaumcraft 3 being the notable one, but also EE3 if it doesn't completely break other mods like EE2 did).

As far as Bukkit... I hear there's development on Simple Server mods on the Forge forums which brings some moderator tools that could easily replace Bukkit when finished.

• Well actually some things changed in minecraft too, which makes it at least a bit easier to port, resulting in fast updates.

But well cpw and LexManos just know what they do which also helps with fast updates and with the FML being seperatly avaible even non-forge Mods could update instantly. I'm not sure why mojang actually does the work of an own API although they could just use forge, since I'm really sure that the guys would not say "No".

The real problem is, that Mohjang combines the Mod-API with their Mod-Distribution-System so well... on the other hand it does not matter Forge exists, it works and an increasing amount of mods use it. So people don't need to wait for an official API.

• Official Post

Appears the bukkit/forge project is dead.

http://www.mcportcentral.co.za/index.php?topic=3989.0

update, the MCPC thing we where looking at failed.
    i am going to state:
    Think of MCPC for 1.3/1.4 dead.
    This doesnt mean MCPC (the team, not the forge port) is dead, but for now, might as well think we are dead.

If you want a modded bukkit server, use 1.2.5, its stable.

Now is the time to get plugins (logblock) for forge.