Advanced Miner

• Name: Advanced Miner

Description/Discussion: I would like to make a suggestion for Industrial Craft 2 based upon the miner and the pump. I thought of an idea for a new type of machine for Ic2 when working on my mining frameship. I came across this idea because fully automated mining is the most efficient when done in the ocean because of the rarity of hills or disruptions to your frameship, but miners alone cant go through lava/water. Basically the Advanced Miner would have the Miner from Industrial Craft and the Pump from Industrial Craft combined into one machine for space efficiency, and I am aware that a pump next to a miner will work as well but that's not always the best option when you have tubes going everywhere to get things from place to place fully automatically. Properties for this new machine would include using the same amount of power as a normal miner does and the same amount of power as a normal pump does when it is actually in use; to add to that, I would make the combined machine use more power than the normal 2 combined to still allow advantages to players that do not plan to be mining into lava/water frequently and are fine with the miner as it is, therefore the original 2 machines do not become obsolete.

Recipe: To conclude, I would like to suggest a possible crafting recipe: Miner/Pump(ofc), Advanced Machine Block, and 6 refined iron to top off the recipe.
    :Refined Iron: :Advanced Machine: :Refined Iron:
    :Refined Iron: miner :Refined Iron:
    :Refined Iron: pump :Refined Iron:

Here is also a picture of my mining ship if anyone is interested in seeing my scenario/progress :P, I took inspiration from someone named BrickedKeyboard if anyone knows him...

• Already been suggested once before here in FenixR's post, although are you currently in the mining frameship challenge? If not you might want to check it out here

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Already been suggested once before here in FenixR's post, although are you currently in the mining frameship challenge? If not you might want to check it out here

His is a slightly different idea I believe, and that makes a some of a difference, I believe I added a bit more detail to this post to make it a fresher idea and more appealing to get the developers considering.

• 1. Excellent Idea

2. Well Balanced

So many suggestions are people who want something to be easier for the sake of being easier. A good suggestion should focus on something that is hard because it is frustrating, not just hard because its supposed to be hard. Combining a miner and a pump and making people pay for an advanced machine and extra iron to build it and make it cost more power over all creates enough cost that people will stick with a normal miner until later on. I really want to phase out BuildCraft's Quarry, I didn't realise how OP it was but there is just no other option if you want to mass mine.

As well as making miners less frustrating to move around (one machine rather than 2) your suggestion solves the problem I come up with when it comes to FrameShip mining.

Miner has 6 sides:

• (Bottom) for pipe to go down
    • (Side) For RP tube to pull/push drill (Raise/Lower Miner)
    • Frame to hold miner (All blocks must be adjacent to a frame)
    • Chest to collect items that are mined
    • IndustrialCraft cable to supply EU Power to the Miner
    • Pump to collect lava/water under Miner
    • (Top) To push Mining Pipe back into Miner

.... Huston we have a problem.

P.S: If people think the suggestion is still unbalanced just add more material or energy required.

• Whether it is pre-suggested or not, I use miners, a lot, and personally I would love the added convenience of a miner that could store items and act as a pump without the need for extra blocks.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• I don't know why, but i actually love this idea!

and indeed make in simpler for the sake of being simpler, even have an idea for the GUI for this,
    standard miner GUI with added slot for empty cells (maybe 2 stacks) (balancing issue)

and as last, make the output for both the filled cells and mined ores the same, so u will save more space in the frameship.

also for the extra function, the miner should consume the EU for both the miner and pump times 1.25
    so one miner operation and one pump action for one block digging.
    yea i know, i like balance. advanced comes at advanced eu cost :)

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• Y

You can use a pneumatic tube underneath the miner to get lapotron crystals into it.

I have never bothered with pumps because I don't like to burn up tin, and it increases the weight of the overall vehicle.