[SUGGESTION(s)] Minor Difficulty Balance Tweaks

• So, I thought of some tweaks to make unnecessary items and machine unnecessary, and to make the game more balanced:

1. Unstackable, decaying food. As far as I am aware (correct me if I'm wrong) no-one has EVER thought of this idea. Here's how it would work:
    -while in your inventory, food will "decay" based on a further value, and this could be configured. So, for example:
    -An apple would have a high decay value, owing to its status as "fresh". It would take damage a lot quicker.
    -This would encourage players not to keep food on them, since it wouldn't be possible (would it) to make chested food decay. Tinning food would become a necessity for long-term mass-inventory food storage, making canning machines (a useless waste of space) into something very important.
    -You might also be able (possibly OP, but who knows?) to build a "refrigerator" block to regenerate decayed food. It would need to be powered, have a 3x3 inventory, and run off of low voltage current. Possibly a freezer unit as well. When the refrigerator is unpowered and has no stored power, food would decay in it. A "freezer" along the same vein might be more expensive to run and build, along with the ability(?) to make water cells into ice blocks.]
    -Ice cream?

2. Torch burnout to encourage luminator use. (possibly suggested before) Torches would go off, and have to ignited by a flint and steel. Burnt out torches would emit the same light level as a redstone torch. Luminators should act more like actual lightbulbs, as in:
    -Change the models to resemble a lightbulb
    -Craft paper into a lampshade to prevent touch-damage from lightbulbs
    -Lightbulbs on the side of walls would look like how they do now.
    -(IK, already suggested, but) FLASHLIGHT? You know how they go.

3. I know this has been suggested hundreds of time before, but... configurable Qsuit food regen, or at least disabled on HARD difficulty.

4. Remove the F3 information with xyz. Leaving Debug Information in the final game is pretty lazy *AHEMJEB* and it needs to be removed.
    -Instead, let players create satellites that provide your world with GPS coverage. Modular satellites (VSWE style) would add a great new mechanic to the game, and there hasn't been any suggestions like this.
    -Portable GPS devices that give you your current xyz coords
    -Weaponized satellites?

5. Swimming depletes more hunger and is slower
    -Craft flippers out of rubber (or use rubber boots) to swim faster
    -Snorkel helmet: Be 3 blocks away from air and you'll be fine! A cheap man's ScubaHat

Please give a rating, ik some of these have been suggested before, but... here.

• Official Post

1. denied due to Basefilemodification
    2. Even more Basefilemodification
    3. I agree. I needed to add that to my Addon.
    4. Basefilemod needed.
    5. Swimming ALREADY depletes more Hunger, for the diving: Why not?

• 1. denied due to Basefilemodification
    2. Even more Basefilemodification
    3. I agree. I needed to add that to my Addon.
    4. Basefilemod needed.
    5. Swimming ALREADY depletes more Hunger, for the diving: Why not?

yes, he knows that swimming depletes hunger. his idea is to conserve hunger

• yes, he knows that swimming depletes hunger. his idea is to conserve hunger

Be careful, those that go down the path of necromancy seldom come back alive...

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• I'm fairly sure that modders have implemented stuff that (seemingly) alters existing game mechanics. But Eloraam IS a Forge Dev...

Redpower is pretty much the result of Eloraam having unrestricted access to add whatever she wants into Minecraft Forge, all other modders, except for Forge devs, and modders with mods that need to be dropped into jars, abide by the current Forge API, however for basefile modifications, the Forge forums have a suggestions section for adding Forge hooks in those specific classes.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l