Suggestion:Buildcraft pipes integration

• As it currently stands, the machines don't interact correctly with buildcraft, for example, if you use a wooden pipe on the induction furnace, instead of taking out the smelted bars, it takes out whatever is placed in the ore slot. This is a serious issue for those that use buildcraft as it shows that the machines do not output items correctly. Fortunately, it does appear that it cannot place items in the output area of the reactor(it happens in equivalent exchange).
    There is a pipe api which exists for buildcraft I would bet that it would help with the furnace and other machines.client api, server api
    Sorry if this has been denied or already suggested, it just irks me a bit when I see it happen.

• Official Post

This is already being worked on (as you'd know if you checked the suggestions forum or used the search feature)

Also, bear in mind that BC is not our responsibility. It is a different mod with a different developer. Having said that. The coders are trying to accomplish full integration with BC, but that will take time.

• where are you placing the pipes? different inventories are accessed from different sides of the block. from your description, im guessing you have the pipe on the top of the block. this is the ore slot. to get the produced item, place a wood pipe on the right side of the block.

top = material, bottom = fuel, right = product.

• TYhat only works with machienes with 3 slots:

input

power/battery output

(i think) but anything with more than three slots will be mostly random

• I think Al is working on clarifying the wooden pipe & Induction Furnace problem with SpaceToad, so hopefully expect a fix sometime in the future.

• I'd like to see an electric engine addon at some point in the future too =P

I'm pretty sure that once the wrinkles between IC2 and Buildcraft are smoothed out, an Electric engine will be worked on.