Suggestion: Add configurable quantum helmet food costs

• Name: Add Configurable Quantum Helmet Feed Costs

Description:
    A lot of the time most people don't agree with my suggestions so I'm not asking that you change the EU feed cost for quantum only that you make the values configurable in IC2.cfg, that way server owners who like the default don't notice any change and server owners who don't like it (me) can change it.

Why I don't like the high feed costs:
    (This is completely irrelevant as I only want it configurable I'm not asking everyone else to change)
    Late game I sprint everywhere, why? because I get used to the fast pace. I've generally got a ton of food so eating isn't a problem, but when I wear the Quantum helmet my stack of pork goes uneaten yet my helmet drains to nothing so quickly that it can't do any of the cool stuff I made the helmet for, personally I'd prefer the helmet to not do feeding with the current cost, that way I could actually use it for swimming and protecting.

Recipe: No new recipe

PS: After submitting this I might try mucking around in MCP and see if I can do it myself but I normally can't get forge mods to work, I'm pretty fail.

• I don't know if the config part of this is doable by him, but F4113nb34st does take requests for public IC2 tweaks, you could always ask him for this if the devs don't want to include it.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• At which food level QHelmet feeds you?
    1. Would it be better if QHelmet feed Players only if food bar is completely empty?
    2. Would it be better if food level from which QHelmet start feeding be configurable?
    3. Would it be better if QHelmet feed Players by Canned Food if possible?

• At which food level QHelmet feeds you?
    1. Would it be better if QHelmet feed Players only if food bar is completely empty?
    2. Would it be better if food level from which QHelmet start feeding be configurable?
    3. Would it be better if QHelmet feed Players by Canned Food if possible?

Thanks for the question. Personally I'd want to start by reducing EU cost of feeding by between 80% to 90%, that would solve most of the issue there but it would be nice if the helmet then kept your hunger at 1 below full so you still regenerated your health, that way you could eat for social reasons ('here have a cookie' kind of thing). Your right to think that is OP but then again so are the leggings, boots and chest-plate, it's power stuff.

Adding configurability to the level at which QHelmet starts feeding is a nice idea, mainly because I'm all for configuration so everyone gets what they want. If I had my way IC would build a massive XML file with just about every constant used that it reads in every-time it boots, possible performance issues though.

Feeding by Canned Food would make eating harder then without the helmet, I don't know about you but by end game it's raining wheat, pork, beef and cocoa, who is going to spend 3 diamond, 56 UU matter plus everything else for a helmet that has some good and some bad points, you shouldn't have people weighting the odds between Nano and Quantum, one is the upgrade of the other. (Although down the track it would be nice to have multiple top level suits to choose from that isn't what we have now).

• Or maybe make the autofeed from EU more expensive, and it uses less EU to use cooked/actual food in your inventory, and it 'cleans' rotten flesh in your inventory for you?

• How about a "Suit Config" menu brought up by a hotkey that enables some advanced suit controls/key config. Adding this feature would also make it easier to implement more late-game suits with unique features (like a cloaking suit that activates by hotkey).

In this config menu for the Quantum Suit, you would have the ability to:
    -enable/disable suit features such as fall protection, hunger replenishment, and super jump/sprint.
    -Set hotkeys for suit actions (such as the current option in the Config file to switch between hotkey-based super sprinting and sprint-based super sprint)
    -Change the settings around automatic hunger replenishment. Want it to only maintain 60% food bar so you can eat beef? No problem, just move the slider to 60%. Want it to only replenish on a hotkey? No problem.

The current power usage isn't too much of a nerf IMO, but it shouldn't maintain 100% by default so you can never supplement it with your own food. I can only run around for about 15 minutes before I need to refill my helmet, even if my pants and boots are 99%+.