[Addon 1.112] Petroleum Generator 1.2.1 - burn baby burn.. for EU!

• Railcraft recently nerfed creosote as a fuel and I am looking for a workaround. Since you already support a Traincraft -> oil path this should not be too hard. What I'm after is a strainer that strips the particulate matter from creosote and outputs oil 1:1. It should output the particles as coal dust. Power usage and dust:bucket ratio can vary.

Do this and you have a shot at getting into Direwolf's FTB pack also.

• 1:1 ratio would definitely be overpowered, but I like the idea of being able to convert creosote to oil.

So do I. I'm sad it's been nerfed, it was so cool getting more energy from Coal ... CovertJaguar should just have decreased amount of creosote produced per Wood combustion ^^.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• So do I. I'm sad it's been nerfed, it was so cool getting more energy from Coal ... CovertJaguar should just have decreased amount of creosote produced per Wood combustion .

This is the main reason I won't be implementing creosote folks - I made an early design decision to focus exclusively on non-renewable oil-based fuel. Railcraft unfortunately doesn't distinguish between wood-tar creosote and coal-tar creosote, effectively making creosote a renewable resource.

• Sorry if this has been asked before, but what version do I need to download for use with Tekkit Classic? Also, how do I install it into my tekkit classic client and server.

Thanks in advance. :)

• A coke oven would be a sensible optional pre-cursor in that process.

What about a simple machine that creates 2 IC² Coal Fuel per Coal ? I think it should at least be more efficient than RC way to do it, as RC do it for free, and as the Coke Oven is kind of expensive, because you'll need a bit of time to gather all the sand/clay, but that's still cheap ressources ...

Sorry if this has been asked before, but what version do I need to download for use with Tekkit Classic? Also, how do I install it into my tekkit classic client and server.

Thanks in advance.

Install FTB ? ^^. Seriously, it's better than Tekkit, and don't use that word on the IC² Forum, people generally dislikes a bit Tekkit ...

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Ok then, forget tekkit.
    I'm still having trouble following the installation instructions. Do i just put the whole zip folder in the mods folder in my .minecraft directory? What about for my server?
    Thanks again.

UPDATE

Ok, so I eventually got it working on my own, but now i have another question. Is there a way to modify the EU/t output values for both oil and fuel in the generator? The config file has a way to modify the total EU of a bucket, but not the rate at which it outputs.

• Ok, so I eventually got it working on my own, but now i have another question. Is there a way to modify the EU/t output values for both oil and fuel in the generator? The config file has a way to modify the total EU of a bucket, but not the rate at which it outputs.

It is currently only the fuel amount that is configurable, not the EU/t. Out of interest, what values would you like to change them to, and why?

• Sorry if this has been asked before, but what version do I need to download for use with Tekkit Classic?

It's OK, this isn't a 'naughty' word to me. Is classic the one based on Minecraft 1.2.5? If so unfortunately Petrogen only works on Minecraft 1.4.4 and higher. All previous versions can be found here: http://goo.gl/jya7H

• I'm currently working on compiling a private modpack which will be distributed through the FTB Launcher's "private modpack" feature. A file within the download will give the usernames of all the modders involved, which mods they made in the modpack, and and a link to the mod's "page" (generally a MCF thread.) I looked through the license, but all I could make out of it is "my rights to distribute this modification are limited," and I suspect it doesn't give me permission to distribute this work privately without permission from the creator. Please correct me if I'm wrong here.

So. May I have permission to distribute this in a private modpack?

Let’s play good guys against bad guys… Yes. Let’s play that. Are you ready? You’re the bad guy. And when you’re bad, you just run. That’s fine right? Well… Shall we play?

Edited 2 times, last by Craftiyan ().

• DrCeph! Good Sir!

I have made a spreadsheet sorted by FTB packs and what mods are being updated. Link:https://docs.google.com/spread…ODVBY0Q4N1FSV3dlRUE#gid=0

I would like to say first that I am NOT asking *when*, but just *if* you plan to update to 1.5. I would like to set your mod status on the sheep from "no" to "dev", but I can only do that with an official statement from the author that they are intrested in updating at some point in the future. Thanks for your work on this and your contribution to the mod community.

• If you plan on adding the industrial coke oven, consider the fact that Coal is renewable through Wither Skeletons and UUM.

Maybe doing it the same way as Railcraft distinguishes UUM-Coal, add NBT tags for them and a tooltip? Maybe Coal - Wither and Coal - Synthetic (would use Railcraft version if available, of course.)