scouter

• Seeing the goggles of revealing and wondering how to define such form and the overlays/function I had to think of
    a scouter of DBZ.
    need to switch between certain modes/

This scouter would up to a certain moderate (8 blocks or so) distance;

• name ore you look at ( but not see through rock), allowing you to evaluate the ore from a distance./ and /or put reticles around it/ selective highlighting of selected ores.
    • put brackets around enemy mobs.
    • Indicate health of a mob you actively look at.

and other modes you find useful.

• It seems kind of hard to code, for something that doesn't look like it would have much use

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• goggles of revealing do only show nodes, but not much else.

Barrels do give a quantity and content report if you click on it. Having a check from block to person and pulling metadata shouldn't be that hard if those items can do such things.
    then using an overlay to list items at the side and draw a line from that word to where the line camera-object would intersect shouldn't be that hard.

uses:

• finding certain needed materials selectively and being alerted to them.
    • identify from further away
    • creeper alert
  • Yeah, but in Thaumcraft aren't nodes pretty important? As it stands I am assuming that you want a HUD to be implemented, I think that HUDs are pretty hard to do with Forge, Azanor is one of only a few modders I have ever seen that has made a HUD.

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• No I am not a developer, but I am somewhat knowledgeable on what can reasonably be done, making a moving object is basically creating a new entity and rendering a .png file to it, there are a lot of mods that do that. So far Gravitation Suite, ThaumCraft 2/3, and one IC2 addon made for the purpose of a HUD, are the only things that I have ever seen implement some form of a HUD, logically the difficulty of coding a HUD must be higher than making moving objects. If this was made as something built in to a nano-helmet or a quantum-helmet (which has already been suggested once by the way), I would see greater use for it than it being a stand alone item. As it stands, I just don't think that there is enough justification for making an item for this purpose.

• Yeah, but in Thaumcraft aren't nodes pretty important? As it stands I am assuming that you want a HUD to be implemented, I think that HUDs are pretty hard to do with Forge, Azanor is one of only a few modders I have ever seen that has made a HUD.

I really don't get why people keep saying this..

Perhapes some of the event handlers have changed due to the move into 1.3-1.4 for Minecraft, but I don't see why this would be an issue if someone was dedicated enough for this task of bringing it into the game...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Perhapes some of the event handlers have changed due to the move into 1.3-1.4 for Minecraft, but I don't see why this would be an issue if someone was dedicated enough for this task of bringing it into the game...

Yeah, that was the addon I was talking about, although there has not been an update past 1.2.5, which leaves ThaumCraft 3 as the only 1.4 mod to have an "advanced" HUD, and Gravitation Suite to a lesser extent when it displays the amount of energy left in the corner. However, as Sebra said, HUDs have been suggested in the past, many times.

• If thís is to be added, there should be a function that makes a scanned creepers explosion power increase to 9001, along with a IT'S OVER NINETHOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND sound playing.

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!

• If thís is to be added, there should be a function that makes a scanned creepers explosion power increase to 9001, along with a IT'S OVER NINETHOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND sound playing.

I wouldn't like appearing as flaming you but ... why are you posting many things without any interest ? It looks like you just want to increase your postcount --'

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• I wouldn't like appearing as flaming you but ... why are you posting many things without any interest ? It looks like you just want to increase your postcount --'

Not really, i'm just failing at being funny :wacko:

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!

• Not really, i'm just failing at being funny

Humor is hard to translate. Edit: You're a stupid guy, so I understand you can't do it; [Is it better like that ? I don't see any apologize here.]

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

Edited once, last by MatLaPatate ().

• Humor is hard to translate. Sorry if I've offended you, but that's really what I felt.

Don't think about that, i can take it :D

EDIT: Wait a moment... YOU JUST APOLOGIZED ON THE INTERNET! OMG!

Edited once, last by wasmic ().