Minecraft 1.5

• Makes me constantly think that Jeb just wants to 'cheese' content out of mods and make them into "new" vanilla blocks. Probably part of the reason we haven't seen an Mod API so far. (not that we honestly need one at this point with Forge, but still...)

What's this Mod A-P-I thing that you speak of? /sarcasm

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Official Post

Makes me constantly think that Jeb just wants to 'cheese' content out of mods and make them into "new" vanilla blocks. Probably part of the reason we haven't seen an Mod API so far. (not that we honestly need one at this point with Forge, but still...)

Then tell me something, what they could implement as a new good Feature in MC? I mean new Block? I doubt they will find something useful, which isnt already part of a well known Mod.

It's also nice that they finally killed the Buildcraft Hopper with a far better variant, which can also work as Cart (un-) loader.

• Makes me constantly think that Jeb just wants to 'cheese' content out of mods and make them into "new" vanilla blocks. Probably part of the reason we haven't seen an Mod API so far. (not that we honestly need one at this point with Forge, but still...)

They've been doing that for a while, think of ender storage.

Though, one of the things I've heard is that all the changes for the last couple versions are really the Mod API being developed, and the new features are them testing the mod feature stuff.

• They've been doing that for a while, think of ender storage.

Though, one of the things I've heard is that all the changes for the last couple versions are really the Mod API being developed, and the new features are them testing the mod feature stuff.

I was there when they first added the piston to the game.. you can't claim that #hipster cred on me , son....

@Greg, true, but still... It's almost as if they do it without any form of 'thanks' to the people who pioneered the concept. At least Notch gave the Piston mod developer $50k for his work (still think he should have gotten a more long term royalty imo, but meh). Now they just add things without even mentioning the previous mods except in loose wiki footnotes...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.