SMP_Personal Safe: option to accept items via pipes/miners

• Well, the title says it all.

It'd be great if there was an option in the ui to let a personal safe accept items via pipes AND the miner. (like it does in single player)

I know there might be problems with user restrictions since anyone could pipe stuff in, which is why it should be an option to en/disable.

I myslef, would be okay with it if anyone was able to pipe items in, as long as no one but me could open the safe again.

• Official Post

Before a random RawCode or RichardG comes here and explains, why its not possible, I will explain, how to make it possible:
    By adding one special public Slot into the Safe, it is possible to pump Items into that Slot. As soon as something enters said Slot, it will move the Item into the rest of the protected Inventory of the Safe. So yes it is possible.

• I thought the original reason why it was disabled was to stop people piping stuff into the personal safe and being a troll and stoping people piping stuff out of the chest and stealing peoples stuff.

However gregs idea could be a good solution to this. However I think we should hear what RichardG thinks before we get ahead of ourselves.

• This could possibly be done in a forestry-style lock?

Another idea would be to also have a setting to enble items being piped in, but disable pipe/tube'ing them out. So that you can actually use safe's in an automation-setup, without risk of stuff being stolen.
    Maybe it could also be possible to have a whitelist for the chest, allowing for shared access between two players. This would be really awesome on an anarchy smp server, where you're teaming up with a friend.

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!

• Official Post

This could possibly be done in a forestry-style lock?

Another idea would be to also have a setting to enble items being piped in, but disable pipe/tube'ing them out. So that you can actually use safe's in an automation-setup, without risk of stuff being stolen.
    Maybe it could also be possible to have a whitelist for the chest, allowing for shared access between two players. This would be really awesome on an anarchy smp server, where you're teaming up with a friend.

Would be even better if all IC² machines worked like this. However people can still grief filling the safe (with junk).

• But that could be fixed with a filter, where only the items chosen are allowed to pass into the safe, other items will be dumped into the floor.

If you have never heard of the Farlands, you're missing out.

The farlands supports GregTech