[Suggestion] Temperature bar

• OK, I've checked and nobody's suggested this before, so here it goes:
    Have you ever thought that it was stupid how Steve can simply walk around in near-Arctic environments, through snow and freezing cold water, and not even shiver?
    As far as I'm aware, there is no mod that adds a "temperature bar". Here's how it'd work:

-You have a bar with flame and ice-drop icons
    -When you heat up (By being exposed to the sky in a desert-type biome, being near a source of flame) you gain more flame icons and lose ice icons.
    -When you cool down (By being exposed to the sky in an Arctic-type biome, being near a source of cold) You gain more ice icons and lose flame icons.
    -Having a full ice bar will slow you down, make you nauseous, and freeze to death.
    -Having a full flame bar will set you on fire.
    -You have a separate "Thermal armour" bar, which can be increased by wearing "fur armour", Fur Hood, Fur Coat, Fur Trousers(/skirt?), Fur Boots (Fur being a drop from wolves, making the killing of said wolves necessary), made from wool and fur. They reduce the amount of transferred heat or cold.
    -Radiators: Blocks or wall-mounted blocks (like luminator models) that provide a moderate (read: non-set you on fire) source of heat. They are powered by electricity and can be turned on by redstone. Can be disabled.
    -Steam Radiators: Like standard radiators, but have a different texture and run off of RC steam. Supply with coolant or water to cool. This feature can be disabled.
    -Electric Firebox: RC compatibility block. Runs off of electricity.
    -Tiny Electric Firebox: Generates very small amounts of steam in return for a fairly decent amount of power. For radiator powering.
    -Extremely Low Pressure Boiler: Only one boiler can be placed, cheaper and smaller than a low pressure boiler.
    -Heated Suit: Actively stabilises temperature.
    -Wetsuit: Hazmat upgrade, Contains: Snorkel (Replenishes bubbles if near block of air), Wetsuit (Thermal Insulation), Wetsuit Leggings (More speed whilst swimming), Flippers (Better diving)
    -Desk Fan: Small blocks or wall-mounted blocks (like luminator models) that provide a small source of cold. They are powered by electricity and can be turned on by redstone.
    -Air Conditioner: blocks or wall-mounted blocks (like luminator models) that provide a moderate source of cold. They are powered by electricity and can be turned on by redstone.
    -Nuclear reactors are affected by temperature. Could become new way to cool reactors?

These have not been EVER suggested before, neither has there been a mod made that has all or any of these features (except maybe mo' creatures, which adds a fur suit). Please tell me what you think.

• -Radiators: Blocks or wall-mounted blocks (like luminator models) that provide a moderate (read: non-set you on fire) source of heat. They are powered by electricity and can be turned on by redstone. Can be disabled.

I guess it was already suggested (because at least, I did it, as a reply ^^). But I support it. More machine --> Consumption Society is coming!

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

Sounds cool, but that would need to be configured, and there should be Electric temp stabilizers which controls heat in a radius of X blocks (with X being increased with overclocker upgrades).
    But this will be mostly denied as many people already don't like hunger, so why they would like to deal with Steve's temperature?

• Sounds cool but one problem. What if someone spawns in a desert or a taiga biome? They wouldn't have the resources to make a radiator or something like that. They would die really quickly and wouldn't really be able to do anything about it.

• Sounds cool but one problem. What if someone spawns in a desert or a taiga biome? They wouldn't have the resources to make a radiator or something like that. They would die really quickly and wouldn't really be able to do anything about it.

They could:
    a- get out
    b- start a fire *AHEMSTICKBASEDFIRESTARTERAHEM*
    c- make fur clothes
    d- you do not spawn in deserts.

• Sounds cool, but that would need to be configured, and there should be Electric temp stabilizers which controls heat in a radius of X blocks (with X being increased with overclocker upgrades).
    But this will be mostly denied as many people already don't like hunger, so why they would like to deal with Steve's temperature?

That's why Mojang implemented sprint. So implementing temperature would be accepted, if it can provide you ... more Health regeneration ? +1/2 Damage point ? Or with Basefile modification, be crazy, + 10% life ? --> This one would probably be enjoyed more than accepted ^^.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• The temp bar would just really hover over over the other bars of breath and armour. It would simply work to be a HUD addition.
    And you're forgetting: RichardG hangs round with LexManos all the time. He could probably weasel him into adding any hook necessary, and there aren't a lot of still unimplemented hooks needed for many of the things MatLaPatate was talking about.
    Let's see...
    Health regen? potion effect. Burst into flames? Easily done. Slowing down? Heck, if the IC2 team can make quantumsuits, they can probably make slowing down.
    And sprinting, well, bring that into the equation, sprinting = additional heat + ignore thermal armour. (icon = burning armour icon? Up to the devs)
    and, sinnaj; what do you mean? Many of the things I mentioned would require very little BasFiMod. (New acronym for BASeFIleMODification.

• Uhmmm.... I kinda like it...

Instead of two bars, have just one , where the "0 value" is in the middle, and negative numbers are represented by ice flocks, and positive by fire icons

I dont honestly yhink you should be set on fire because of excessive temperature, lose health instead.

The termal regulator with a Area effect is a must, one can (maybe with an overclocker?) increase the area effect (this machines would get the temperature as close to 0 value as possible.

Also, caves should make you cooler, except when you get near to bedrock, to simulate the earth core temperature.

BUT off course, this must be in the config avaliable to turn off.

The Viper will hide in the shadows... unseen... unheard... and when you least expect, she strikes.

• I think I've played a mod that had this, only without the HUD indicator. I don't recall what the mod was called, though. Either way, it was irritating to deal with the weather effects so I ended up just turning them off.

• To simplfy it, just make it: Too cold= freezing into an ice block. Too hot= catching on fire. Just right= 1 heart regenerated instead of 1/2 with hunger, you will regenerate health normally with less than 7 hunger left. ez

• place bed, die, respawn, profit.

suggestion about useless overcomplication just to make first 10 minutes of game painfull and add some boredom in longrun.

also how this related to IC2? there is nothing in IC2 that may use temperature bar as gameplay component.

• place bed, die, respawn, profit.

suggestion about useless overcomplication just to make first 10 minutes of game painfull and add some boredom in longrun.

also how this related to IC2? there is nothing in IC2 that may use temperature bar as gameplay component.

Agreed. Not related to IC2 at all. Also just an annoyance to players.

• It really wouldn't add that much difficulty if you can craft 2 sticks into a firestarter. Hang around a fire to warm up, then put it out and set off again!

why are you talking about a firestarter?...flint and steel are part of vanilla and already exist....why add useless items?

mcmz4e aka MaryuZ aka 2.muCh.Pride