Use painters on more blocks than solidified construction foam

• Maybe we should be able to use painters on more blocks than the solidified construction foam, wool and cables, for decorative use. I suggest stone, stone bricks, and maybe bricks and planks. The construction foam costs lots of ressources, so i think this way we will have cheap colored construction blocks. Breaking them will give the block without the paint (or cobblestone for stone).

• and how exacly painting cobble related to IC2?

...exactly the same way painting CFoam is related to IC2. Honestly, sometimes I swear you're just trolling.

As for the original post, it's possible to make this, but it would require a lot of work and would likely not look terribly good -- and it would probably break a lot of things for other mods in the process. It's not likely to happen, sorry.

• Official Post

...exactly the same way painting CFoam is related to IC2. Honestly, sometimes I swear you're just trolling.

As for the original post, it's possible to make this, but it would require a lot of work and would likely not look terribly good -- and it would probably break a lot of things for other mods in the process. It's not likely to happen, sorry.

I think it would need a block ID (+ lots of metadata for colors/types) and lots of work to code this. Although it would be a very nice aesthetic addition

• Isn't the coloring system automatic now, as a color overlay? I thought the reason most mods today reuse the diamond texture because it IS the diamond texture but recolored to something they chose (not MSpaint but in code). Am I wrong? if I'm right then this would be as easy as allowing the painter to be used on additional block types.

Please allow us to color grass! I want to make a weird blue lawn for my weird blue house.

• I think it would need a block ID (+ lots of metadata for colors/types) and lots of work to code this. Although it would be a very nice aesthetic addition

Block IDs are cheap. Making blocks with only aesthetic uses is easy. The main problem would be making the textures.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• Block IDs are cheap. Making blocks with only aesthetic uses is easy. The main problem would be making the textures.

Jivix mentioned that you could have 16 overlay textures, each for one color. Then apply it onto the original texture.

• I think a color overlay would work best, there are a lot of different variants of stone. (Chiseled, bricks, slabs, ect.)

From a logical stand point an overlay seems the most effective.

Alblaka says:

"People using their intellect in attempts to discuss other people into the ground could be considered less intellectual then people using their intellect for something beneficial :3"