BUG: normal furnace lavabuket fuel value is 20000

• I don't get the point of your post as smelting 100 items with 1 lava bucket in the stone furnace is vanilla behavior.

On my install Mining Drill doesn't give off any sounds at all o.o
    Help! Somebody fix that please!
    Wait a sec... damnit.

no idea if he was serious but either way that was damn funny xD

• place lava inside iron furnace == waste lava, understand?

don't do it then, geez
    or do you want to tell us that IC2 forces you to place lava buckets in furnaces?

On my install Mining Drill doesn't give off any sounds at all o.o
    Help! Somebody fix that please!
    Wait a sec... damnit.

no idea if he was serious but either way that was damn funny xD

• it can be done simple and fast without basefile mod - replace lava bukets and add new buckets as custom fuel with fixed value.

In current version of IC2 stone furnace is MORE effective then fully charged induction, slower but nothing stop you from making over 9000 stone furnaces, cos they cost nothing.

• You can't put lava buckets in generators anyway... so it kinda doesn't matter...

Plus, Geothermals have the advantage of outputting 10 EU/s instead of 5 EU/s from standard Generators... so while it may SEEM like lava as fuel is nerfed, it's only because EU from lava is more readily available than, say, coal burning...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• We're not replacing every lava bucket with a custom item, that would wreak havoc on any other mod that used them.

For the sake of playing devil's advocate in a way you already have: lava cells. I'm sure if you wanted to you could setup the iron furnace to use lava cells (maybe a negative of iron furnaces can be that you can't use lava bucket but only lava cells.)

All people dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in
    the dusty recesses of their mind, wake in the morning to find
    that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous people,
    for they dream their dreams with open eyes, and make them come true.
    --T.E. Lawrence

• Making the change to the stone furnace would require a base file mod. Not happening unless Forge happens to come out with a way to change existing fuel values.

My understanding was that any modder could submit hooks to be included in Forge.