Machine Explosion Delay.

• I am not sure whether or not this has been mentioned before but machines really need a delay before they explode. the main issue is mine craft's RETARDED block placement and orientation system. considering that in order to orient something like a transformer you have to be pointing the direction you want the high voltage thing to be which may be damn near impossible and it is asinine to punish players by blowing up their equipment without considering the time it takes to orient a block or install a transformer upgrade in a machine end of story. please give overloaded blocks a brief delay before detonation to compensate for the block alignment issues and upgrade installation. about 10 seconds should be enough. and realisticly to please the trolls if your hooking a machine into a live circuit you would put the upgrade on ahead of time and the only reason this is not done is because of the limitations of block inventories but the instant detonations are just plain stupid and do not take into account minecrafts flaws in block placement

• Official Post

My Machines have a Delay of 1 Second, before they initialize. Is that enough for you? :P

And its very easy to place Machines properly, just remove the Cable BEFORE placing the Machine.

• You're criticizing, but I think it would be a good Idea to be more user-friendly for new player. That remember me the old IC1 Nuclear Reactor, wich had blowed up in my base because I was just deplacing the Water source cooling it during ... 0.5 sec ... ^^

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• I do think this actually sort of makes sense from an electrical standpoint, IRL (don't tell me about how unrealistic Minecraft is) I assume that machines don't automatically explode from receiving a slightly larger than normal packet.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• I do think this actually sort of makes sense from an electrical standpoint, IRL (don't tell me about how unrealistic Minecraft is) I assume that machines don't automatically explode from receiving a slightly larger than normal packet.

No, they actually do. Ever brought a game system from one country and hooked it up in another? Friend of mine who used to be in the Army had a guy in his unit bring his X Box during his deployment. He hooked it up to the gird there, and not a moment later you heard a loud pop and a trail of smoke coming from the top of the console. It was quite hilarious when he told us about it...

But no, this is the most realistic attribute in IC, and it honestly does not need to be changed. If you knew how many times RL electrical apprentice mess up devices and receptacles due to bad wiring practices, you'd wonder how ANY building (at least in the US) is kept from burning down because of that...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.