Suggestion: Nano/Quantumsuit revamp, and other balances

• Anyone who has played SMP on a server that includes IC2 can see that battles between Quantumsuit-wearing players either take hours with breaks in between for recharging nanosabers, or involve apocalypse-sized explosions. In my opinion, this is ridiculous. In addition, no static defenses can defend against armored trespassers. Also, for the expensive long-term final goal of a IC2 player, the quantumsuit is slightly bland in that there are only two functions, which is to movereallyfast and jumpreallyhigh.

Solution: First, revamp the Nanosuit a bit. I know it doesn't really grant 100% damage resistance, but I can fall into the Nether lava ocean, swim 100 blocks to the nearest shore, and come out completely unscathed with only a small drain on nanosuit power. This is clearly slightly too powerful.

I suggest not changing the max amount of damage it can absorb without damaging the wearer, but instead placing a cap on how much damage it can absorb in a given time. For example, The nanosuit can absorb damage into a "pool". Say, this pool is 30 hearts large. When these hearts are all depleted, damage will start leaking through to the user (Of course, still with a decrease in damage). However, this pool regenerates at 3 hearts per second. This way, battles between nanosuits will be much faster, but if they dodge and not get hit they can still have a prolonged, active battle. This will also not affect any small amounts of damage a Nanosuit user will sustain during normal use. For example, falling off the side of a lava pool while mining, or getting blown up by a mob of creepers.

Next, the Quantumsuit. As I have already stated, battles involving quantumsuits are absolutely absurd. I suggest something similar to a nanosuit, but with a much larger "pool" ,regeneration rate and minimum damage reduction. In order to make it more interesting, an upgrade system would promote diversity so not all players would look the same and have the same stats. Upgrades would be specific to quantumsuit parts, and would be applied by combining the said part and upgrade in a crafting table creating a "quantumsuit piece" with a different ID. Combining new upgrades onto pieces that already have upgrades will destroy the old upgrade and apply the new one. Some suggestions for upgrades:
    Helmet:
    Improved healing rate
    Nightvision
    Chestpiece:
    Activated ability to use a lot of energy in return for a brief moment of invulnerability (No use from pool, damage just instantly nullified)
    Jetpack
    Let tools draw from suit power
    Leggings:
    Draw a large amount of energy to channel for 2 seconds then teleport user to where he is looking
    Boosted sprinting speed
    Sneak to become invisible for short periods, using the "pool" (Not sure if possible)
    Boots:
    Use energy to walk on liquids (Still takes slight damage from lava)
    Boosted jumping height
    Ability to "hover" for short periods after jumping (rocketboots!)

Every upgrade would be for different people, for example the brief invulnerability upgrade for the chestpiece would be for pvp warriors, the teleport upgrade for the leggings would be for travelers/explorers who want to get to previously inaccessible places, and the nightvision upgrade for the helmet would be for miners. Now everyone would have some degree of diversity, and not all using the exact same armor.

Also, the Tesla coil. As of right now, it can one-shot players and animals, yes, but only if the player is not armored with a nano/quantumsuit. Seeing as how a nanosuit can easily be acquired in only one day of gameplay, the tesla coil is a bit weak being the only static damage available. I suggest to increase the voltage tolerance of the tesla coil to extreme (yes extreme) and add a very large capacity for EU. The more EU it stores, the more EU it will "leak" and the more damage it will do when it discharges. This way, the old function of the tesla coil can be preserved, while also allowing it to deal damage to nanosuit players (or even Quantumsuit players if overcharged enough) if the owner of the tesla coil has the EU for it.

These suggestions are only the result of my imagination. I don't know if these make sense, are absolutely stupid, or even possible. I am not 100% clear on the current mechanics on IC2, but I have a general idea on it. So take all these suggestions, if not seriously then as some interesting ideas, with a grain of salt.

tl;dr:
    Nanosuit blah blah quantumsuit blah blah whine blah demand changes blah complain blah retarded idea blah.

Edit:
    Just found out that nightvision is possible

• Word of warning: a bunch of folks around here get crazy when they see "Quantum Suit" and "change" in the same post, particularly when "change" tends to mean "nerf". Don't take too much offense at what they may say.

For myself, I like the idea, as I've liked a couple of similar ideas that have been posted in the past. I have my doubts that it'll be implemented quite this way, though this post from past-Alblaka would suggest he's at least thinking about it.

• I suppose it is a slight nerf, in that you can no longer survive a Tsar Bomba to the face, but I think this is quite reasonable. If there are any differing opinions I'd love to hear them, and the reasoning behind it as well.

• You have my support.

My opinion is that, no matter the price, no armor should be unbeatable, and quantum and even more Nano, offer too much for little cost.

The upgrades is nice, some special upgrades could be used in the nano armor (different upgrades from quantum), like armor, or health (while a awesome crysis 2 voice playing on the background "ARMOR MODE!")

to be honest, quantum and nano are quite boring, it reminds me of when in World of Tanks panzer4's and M4 shermans attack a E 100 head on.

The Viper will hide in the shadows... unseen... unheard... and when you least expect, she strikes.

• WoT reference here ^^:

Or more IC²-related, I think Q-suit and Nano Suit shouldn't be nerfed, but IC² would just need a new weapon able to kill Quantum wearer [WaitForIndustriumConflict]. (Or GregTech: Hey dude, your weapon isn't working at all properly ^^)

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• (Or GregTech: Hey dude, your weapon isn't working at all properly ^^)

I assure you, the Tesla Staff is working exactly as intended.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• WoT reference here ^^:

Or more IC²-related, I think Q-suit and Nano Suit shouldn't be nerfed, but IC² would just need a new weapon able to kill Quantum wearer [WaitForIndustriumConflict]. (Or GregTech: Hey dude, your weapon isn't working at all properly ^^)

Well having a new weapon that can kill a Quantum wearer would probably also one-shot anything else. given the ridiculous absorbing power of the Quantumsuit. That would be completely overpowered. If it scales based on what armor someone is wearing, then it would be more acceptable. Also, this doesn't fix the problem of someone having basic invulnerability to anything other than other players once you get even only a nanosuit.

• I think this is a good idea. Not only would it make quantum armor less over-powered, it would also fix another problem. PVP server owners usually ban the chest plate because it is overpowered. This forces players to buy nano chest plates, and later get owned in three hits by nano sabers. If Quantum was less overpowered, somewhere in between its current version and nano, owners wouldn't feel they have to ban it, and you can no longer be owned in three hits with the best armor in the game. I think the leak suggested by Hekaiyo is a good idea. Maybe it could start as a small leak, then slowly grow into more damage? I dont like mat la patate's idea of a new weapon, because it would be the owned in three hits dynamic all over again. I agree that quantum should be nerfed, but not to that point.

• I dont like mat la patate's idea of a new weapon, because it would be the owned in three hits dynamic all over again. I agree that quantum should be nerfed, but not to that point.

Hey, come on, I didn't say it has to be so powerful ^^. I thought about something like 5-6 hits. With that, use Golden Apple or similar vanilla things and you're almost invincible ^^.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• i dont think the quantum and nano should be nerfed.
    we are playing with gregs tech, so iridium is very hard to get - quantum is a very lategame item, compared to vanilla IC² where you can massfab iridium in the early stages.
    also we are playing on extreme difference (mode 3), i have seen creepers who kicked me out ouf my nano with one explosion - ok, i was not wearing the full set, only leggings and helmet, but in mode 1 this is enough to survive 5 creepers.

also i would like to see a quantum-saber with the ability to bypass the quantum shield

• WoT reference here ^^:

You play WOT Mat potato? What are your tanks? Mine are a KoenigsTiger (AKA RoyalTiger, AKA KingTiger, AKA Tiger2), a Hummel and a KV-1

IC2 related:

The problem is that if we nerf quantum and nano, not only it will be unfair for people using greg-tech, as it may break balance, because quantum is not cheap, even in vanilla IC2.

How bout if we could set our armor to a mode? There would be attack, defense, and standard. Attack offers less defense, but buffs your attacks, defense does the opposite and standard stays in the middle. It would be even better if we could "upgrade" our armor with modules.

The Viper will hide in the shadows... unseen... unheard... and when you least expect, she strikes.

• It is possible to get a Quantumsuit in vanilla with just a good day or two of gameplay. As with gregtech, I wouldn't know as I don't use it. What has changed?

It would take a while to list everything, but iridium ore spawns in the world, the end is a good source of iridium, a matterfabricator (replaces mass fabricator) requires 100,000,000 for a UU-Matter EDIT: and Iridium to make.

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

Edited once, last by CrafterOfMines57 ().

• It is possible to get a Quantumsuit in vanilla with just a good day or two of gameplay. As with gregtech, I wouldn't know as I don't use it. What has changed?

I cant tell you, because i dont play MC as intensively now, but greg tech adds expensivier recepies, so the armor recipe may not even have changed, but it is harded to adquire its components

• 100,000,000 eu?!? That would take months to complete! Does the mod add more efficient ways to generate EU to compensate?

Also, you would have to be more than stupid to kill yourself while wearing a quantumsuit. You'd have to carefully plan out how to maximally damage yourself!

In any case, even if the quantumsuit doesn't get nerfed, it is still kind of bland in my opinion. MoveReallyFast gets kind of boring where you don't have many places to movereallyfast to, because you don't need anything there as you already have the most expensive piece of equipment.

• 100,000,000 eu?!? That would take months to complete! Does the mod add more efficient ways to generate EU to compensate?

A fusion reactor, it produces absolutely insane amounts of EUs, if I remember correctly 32,000+ EU/t