Something that uses ALOT of EU

• Greetings everyone! I recently returned to minecraft for more Nuclear Reactor constructing:D and I have a few questions for you guys..

1: It's too easy, nuclear reactors producing too much EU, I mean, is there like anything (machine or not) that uses ALOT of EU or will I never go empty of EU when I do nuclear? I want something that is using all the EU that I am producing, or can I modify some sort of file so I can make so the machines is using much more EU?

2: Could someone link me a yt video or something that shows a very hard controlled advanced nuclear reactor.

3: Last question, what's the best way to transfear EU over long distances?

Regards, Tokiz 8)

• 1.Massfab and Teleportersystem
    3.Glass Fibre Cable

3. wrong, HV cables is the best way if you apply a redstone signal to an mv transformer it will output high voltage across a maximum length of 255 i wana say (could be wrong) where as glass fibre would require buffers for anything over 20 (or 40 cant remember if it was changed)

• Hmm okey, well any more ideas on how I can waste EU? Is Mass Fab and the tele the only machines that is using that much EU?

• Official Post

Well if all your doing is transferring HV, I believe that fibre would obviously be the optimal choice, as it only looses 1 EU per 40 blocks, whereas 3x HV Cable looses 1 EU per 1.25 blocks, or 4 EUs per 5 blocks. The flip side is that HV cable can also take EV, 4 times the packet size. The best way to figure out what to do is to use the calculator bbqroast put together here. Also remember that if you have access to silver from other mods, that the glass fibre recipe is a good deal cheaper as you get 6 instead of 4 cables. Hope that helps.

EDIT:
    @above
    Redstoned MV transformers also work and are cheaper :)

Lesson 1: Watch over your crops....

• Everything in IC2 is made for only one thing: to give you more EU and/or more resources. Even the mass-fab which actually uses a lot of EU has only this one purpose: to give you more resources.

In general you cannot build anything out of IC2 components other than resource gain, but it will give you enough resources to build everything else. So IC2 is more like and addon to aid you on building other things, while being a lot more fun than digging with your diamond pickaxe.

• Official Post

Yes, but MV's can only Handle 1 512-EU Packet per Tick.

If you really want higher throughput you can wire multiple MV's in parallel. Saves diamonds, which you are already low on because of long fibre cable.

Lesson 1: Watch over your crops....

• If your transfering EU why not convert it into MJ (If you have BuildCraft of course) then use teleport conductive pipes, Then turn it back into EU once you've reached your destination.

• If your transfering EU why not convert it into MJ (If you have BuildCraft of course) then use teleport conductive pipes, Then turn it back into EU once you've reached your destination.

Those are cheaty ways to convert EU, another cheaty way is using Enderchests to store filled lapotrons and empty lapotrons with MFSU's to empty them. Otherwise, use crystal portals to transfer MFSU carts.

Additionally, phased conductive pipes are laggy, unofficially updated only and useless to me as I use redstone energy conduits.

• Those are cheaty ways to convert EU, another cheaty way is using Enderchests to store filled lapotrons and empty lapotrons with MFSU's to empty them. Otherwise, use crystal portals to transfer MFSU carts.

OMG! it's 'cheaty' to take advantage of energy systems from various mods and use them in a unitarian manner! >.>

But seriously, if you readjust MJ:EU conversion to a reasonable manner, then why consider it OP? I use Combustible engines to generate EU in order to fuel Transformers and Mass Fabs. and such, and I still don't hit the same numbers of, say, a nuclear reactor...

Which leads back to OP: Endgame is all about applying your excess EU for more resources and the expansion of such. The constant battle between EU and materials is, imo, what makes IC/BC/Forestry so appealing, because of the many ways you can go about solving these means...

Why people want to patronize others for their solutions (outside of direct NEI hacks) is beyond me...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.