[Bug 1.0] Diamond Drill, additional info =)

• Hey,

I was trying to add some more information on the diamond drill issue, that if it was empty, it was mining as fast as if it was charged. That seems to have been true only for certain blocks.

I had a full one and charged it with an RE Battery when it was empty, after that it could mine empty as fast as if it was full through rock, cobblestone, iron ore, tin ore, gold ore and coal, for example. Mining through dirt, gravel and redstone was really slow - more like with an iron pickaxe, it still yielded redstone dust though.

I'm opening a new topic because I'm uncertain if these facts come to light and perhaps making the problem remain :)

"All errors should be fixed, as much of the code was rewritten."

• As my Diamond Drill ran out of energy, I tried if it could destroy any blocks at all. Just atm as I was thinkin it would wotk, my drill just broke. Or dissapeared. whatever. it was gone. I was like MinecraftCreeper .

sry for spelling, grammar and stuff.
    ALL hail to the IC!

• Actually I'm going through the same bug right now. My drill hasn't dissapeared but I can still burn through obsidian. Only noticeable difference for me is the dirt speed. Instead of instant it's normal but that isn't big enough to be a problem.

• I think my drill disappeared as well now, maybe I dropped it while panicking though.. had some sand collapse over my head, maybe it was then washed away with water and burnt in lava. But, I'm really not sure.. happens when you panic :D

• I found something else rather interesting about my drill. I have sounds for my IC2. So when I drill, I hear the sounds on certain materials like dirt, redstone and gravel but all the ores and stones I don't hear it. When I hear the sound the drill seems to work much faster. It'll cut through redstone, gravel and dirt instantly. Yet with the other ores and stone it's slower. Similar to a iron pickaxe I think. I'll have to flip between the two and try later today.

Hope that helps explain this bug.

• Btw, I'm not using TMI :)

I found something else rather interesting about my drill. I have sounds for my IC2. So when I drill, I hear the sounds on certain materials like dirt, redstone and gravel but all the ores and stones I don't hear it. When I hear the sound the drill seems to work much faster. It'll cut through redstone, gravel and dirt instantly. Yet with the other ores and stone it's slower. Similar to a iron pickaxe I think. I'll have to flip between the two and try later today.

Hope that helps explain this bug.

The sound playing only on certain materials is already known, you didn't read http://forum.industrial-craft.…?page=Thread&threadID=450, shame on you.

• Official Post

There's a fix for these issues (including, I'm pretty sure, the sound - but I can't verify that right now because I'm at work) in line for the next release. Thanks for all the info, guys. :thumbup: