Luminators repelling mobs [like EE2 interdiction torches used to]

• As in the title.

Since there is no direct way to up the light range (which has been requested a lot), Luminators could be made a lot more attractive by giving them the ability to repel mobs in a certain area. (like EE2 interdiction torches used to)

Some sort of explanation could be that we assume they give off "daylight" which mobs obviously don't like and therefore avoid. Just instead of lighting them on fire it keeps/(pushes) them away.

• You already have a more violent/hayoish alternative to Interdiction Torches - Tesla Coilz ;)

On a practical level, why should a luminator have repellent properties? I could imagine maybe something incorporating a note block + technical shizzle wizzle in order to repel mobs with super-high-pitch sound, but the luminator is a glorified torch

• You already have a more violent/hayoish alternative to Interdiction Torches - Tesla Coilz ;)

Tesla coils can hurt me as well and aren't too nice to light up my house.

On a practical level, why should a luminator have repellent properties?

Did you even read my second paragraph?

This is about giving Luminators some attractive quality, so people actually decide to use them. Once you have other mods installed there is absolutely nothing that justifies their existence.

• Some sort of explanation could be that we assume they give off "daylight" which mobs obviously don't like and therefore avoid. Just instead of lighting them on fire it keeps/(pushes) them away.

lol, it reminds me the old wiki with that UV-thingy about luminator ^^.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• This is about giving Luminators some attractive quality, so people actually decide to use them. Once you have other mods installed there is absolutely nothing that justifies their existence.

It's worse than that, they only have a tiny utility over torches (can be placed on ceilings), at the cost of a fairly complicated and expensive setup.

I do appreciate the aesthetics enough to use them sometimes, but balancing them with unmodded minecraft would require ditching the EU requirement or giving them more utility given the expensive resource cost compared to a torch.