Suggestion: markers

• My suggestion:
    a small box filled with markers that you can place on walls about 10 or so per little box each would control 10 markers and you could place those on walls. I think they could pulse at a low light level (6?) so it doesn't hinder mob spawns so its not OP in any way or maybe it could even play a sound every small interval of time. I think it would need to be charged somehow but i dont have any ideas on what the recipe is because i'd probably make it super OP or super expensive /sigh.
    I suggest this because otherwise you either have to completely block off parts with cobble/torches/dirt or maybe take tons of signs with you and leave signs so you don't go back. You also said that to be able to use painters you said you'd need to edit almost every basefile for those blocks so it would be added onto the block like a torch.
    Four Colors:
    1. Green: maybe place to show a way out would pulse green.
    2. Blue: Place to show rare ores you forgot to mine.
    3. Red: Place to show that a lot of lava was left down this pathway.
    4: grayish: Empty don't go down this way.
    i think that this item would add alot of value in cave exploring thank you for taking the time to read my suggestion.

• nice idea, try rewording your long sentence into a proper paragraph, it will be considered more.

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

• nice idea, try rewording your long sentence into a proper paragraph, it will be considered more.

even as you say that its not very easy for me to see in sentences i see in move fingers make words if it means it wont be added because of my poor grammar then i guess thats how its gonna be :(

• even as you say that its not very easy for me to see in sentences i see in move fingers make words if it means it wont be added because of my poor grammar then i guess thats how its gonna be :(

Welcome to the world, to implement an idea in a project run by a community you need to either convince a) the leader of the community or b) a large part of the community. This usually requires good communication. I kind of understand what you're getting at and would like to see more elaboration.

• Welcome to the world, to implement an idea in a project run by a community you need to either convince a) the leader of the community or b) a large part of the community. This usually requires good communication. I kind of understand what you're getting at and would like to see more elaboration.

i rewrote it

• It sounds really good, I have previously been using different kinds of blocks for these things (things that dont appear underground: sand, wool, planks, etc.). Maybe use differently coloured RS-torches? You could "dye" a stack of torches using lapis, cactus dye etc. I think using redstone torches for this would balance cost/benefit quite nicely.

• when i use markers, my fps is going from around 70-80 to 120 ^^
    even though i use lots of mods (but no optifine)

• maybe something like torches that can change color by right click? and because this torches only signs it should not be very expensive.

• I believe the suggestion was merely to have funky coloured torches. Is that really so draining on FPS? fair point on the lapis, might not have blue ones then.

• It will be useful to have a some sort of launcher to set markers and, may be, real torches in their natural state to light a large cave? It may be considered as some sort of cheathing as creepers will have less chances to spawn and attack. But it is an industrial-age solution which just makes exploration process faster.

In my first and vanilla world I use two existing types of torches as markers: redstone and a usual coal torches.