[1.5.2] [SSP/SMP] IndustrialCraft 2 Combo Armors v1.14.3

• ** Still waiting for 1.5.2 update **
    and the 1.6.2 too :D

Read more:

I'm really sorry guys, but I have lots of final exams so I don't have time to work on the mod at the moment.
    I promise I'll come back and get all the bugs sorted out once my exams are done. Sorry about the delay.

• Ok. So here's how it goes.

I don't play minecraft anymore. This tends to happen to me- I get extremely addicted to a game for a year or so, and then all of a sudden I have no interest to play it anymore.
    Despite this, I wanted to try and at least maintain IC2CA, even if I didn't add too many new features to it... I kept making excuses for myself, saying I would do it after finals or after I had a bit of a break from school. Now, a month and a half later, I've done nothing for the mod.

So yeah.

But I will honestly start it tomorrow. 1.5.2 shouldn't be too hard, but from what I've heard from friends 1.6 is completely different, so I'm not making any promises as far as a time frame goes...

I feel really bad about the delay... sorry guys.

Check out my addon, IndustrialCraft 2 Combo Armors!

• if you can't enjoy minecraft, can you change to open source project?

I've considered it... I'm gonna try and update it for now, but if I'm as bored out of my mind as I'm expecting to be, I'll just clean up the code and try to pass it on to someone.

• I've considered it... I'm gonna try and update it for now, but if I'm as bored out of my mind as I'm expecting to be, I'll just clean up the code and try to pass it on to someone.

Instead of doing that, try this:
    1. Make more addons/mods, all download links are adf.ly/linkbucks links to the links.
    2. Make Youtube videos for every release for (almost?) every addon/mod you make, and maybe for other mods that people ask you to make them for. Be sure to get it set up where that you can be paid for every view of the videos, from advertisement (yeah, it's possible. There are people out there who do nothing all day but make YouTube videos and have a constant flow of cash from Youtube, who is paid by advertisement companies so that they can advertise on the videos)
    3. You will get continuously paid for coming up with new ideas and making the community bigger. Maybe you could make a mod that becomes so popular, that it becomes as widely used as IC2 or Forge itself. Or you could make an addon of a mod, that adds cool stuff and/or improves the mod, and also becomes very popular. As long as you get paid, you will be interested, and as long as you are interested, you will make stuff/videos, and as long as you are doing that, you are getting paid.

Or, you could just go ahead and give it all to someone else, who will go on to do that, while you work at a dead-end job in some meat-packaging factory, textile mill, metalworking factory, Office building or something like that. Eventually you'll remember this addon, look it up, find the person that made it, and see how many addons/videos the person has, that are constantly generating profit for the person, and hope you had've stayed with the community.

Also, I like IC2CA and hope you continue to develop it. I have always wanted to combine my QuantumSuit chestplate with a LapPack and Jetpack, and with this addon, I can do that. Thank you for working so hard to make it all possible.
    (This addon would work well with Balkon's Weapon Mod; imagine, flying through the nether with your full Quantum-Suit Armour/lappack/jetpack, shooting Ghasts into pieces with a Musket, and taking out entire crowds of Pigmen with the Blunderbuss. Or, chasing the enderdragon, while shooting it with the various projectile-weapons available, with the Mining Laser at the ready to shoot the last shot and kill it for that cool achievement.)

• I understand your point, but it doesn't really apply because I'm considering giving up IC2CA and modding minecraft, not coding in general. I'm currently working on a game with some of my programmer buddies, and we can make a much larger amount of money by hoping one of our games gets popular than by hoping one of our minecraft mods gets popular...

Nonetheless, it's not as bad as I expected and I may very well continue to maintain IC2CA for a while longer.

• I understand your point, but it doesn't really apply because I'm considering giving up IC2CA and modding minecraft, not coding in general. I'm currently working on a game with some of my programmer buddies, and we can make a much larger amount of money by hoping one of our games gets popular than by hoping one of our minecraft mods gets popular...

Nonetheless, it's not as bad as I expected and I may very well continue to maintain IC2CA for a while longer.

Okay. Well, I wish you good luck with your game. Please tell us more of it, so that we can support it. If I like it, I may even join the community and forget Minecraft altogether.
    I also suggest that, when you do decide to give up on modding, find someone worthy enough to continue the addon. If it falls into the hands of a noob, it may bring demise to the addon, and it may become so buggy/unused that it is forgotten and discontinued.

• Yes! Always wanted to fly and be protected!
    but alas, I can't combine the armour. the armour itself shows up in NEI, but not the recipes.
    bug?

P.S. is the nano bow supposed to use arrows, or is it representing shooting bolts of energy?

• Official Post

Yes! Always wanted to fly and be protected!
    but alas, I can't combine the armour. the armour itself shows up in NEI, but not the recipes.
    bug?

P.S. is the nano bow supposed to use arrows, or is it representing shooting bolts of energy?

Check the wiki, where it would tell , you need to craft an armour assembler, and use that to make the combo armour. You'll also need quite a bit of time to kill :P
    And yes, the Nano bow doesn't need arrows.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• I would suggest that you can use the "drill" from this mod to combine the first tier things (batpack + jetpack + nano maybe even the lappack)
    But the upgrade should go in the assembler.

Also the needet time to assemble for the upgrade should be lower (Like 10 minutes)
    But every upgrade what you want to insert at the same time should add more time to the proccess

SU = Storage Upgrade MK II

1 SU = 10 min
    2 SU = 15 min
    3 SU = 20 min
    11 SU = 60 min
    64 SU = 325 min (Maybe you should cap the time at 3 hours ^^)

• Thumbs up for you, pal, cause you are escaped a drug addiction, and that is cool)
    May the real life gives a lot of pleasure for U )))

Second law of thermodynamics!

• Oops. I lied. That took like 30 minutes... maybe I was just being lazy. 1.5.2 version will be up in a second.

My old post

Edited once, last by UnixRano ().

• Ta-da!
    Better late than never, right?
    Heh.

v1.14.2
    -Updated to 1.5.2 (sorry for being a bum :P)

Download here.

No promises on the timeliness of the 1.6.2 version. Except for that it won't be as late as the 1.5.2 one was.

• just make it open source, so anybody who wants can update it :P

No.

Even when and if I give IC2CA up, I won't make it open source. Obviously I have no control over what the person I give it to does with the code, but yeah.