music box(like in dishonered)

• we all know the EE2 mod if you play tekkit, it is pretty overpowered, and there should be a counterbalance to that, which would be a music box, it would require a bit of power and only would effect 10-20 blocks radius, and would render magic in EE3 almost useless(only tools and armor work they are the equivelent to diamond within range) , but would cost a bit, and would also drain magic star things, but you can set it to not work on certain people
    (industrial diamond= diamond block, copper dust= redstone,rubber=music disk )
    :Copper Dust: :Industrial Diamond: :Copper Dust:
    :Glass Fibre: :Rubber: :Glass Fibre:
    :Copper Dust: :Industrial Diamond: :Copper Dust:
    it would require the energy of a macerator/electric furnace ,or similar amount, and would turn on with redstone, if it needs improvements to be in the game, you can include those, this is just a starter idea, will be improved in the future

• I don't even know where to begin with this one...

we all know the EE2 mod if you play tekkit

No, 90% of people here know EE2 from having played it through mods, not tekkit.

it would require a bit of power and only would effect 10-20 blocks radius, and would render magic in EE3 almost useless

Are we talking about EE2 or EE3? And what use is a block that just stops magic use for any purposes other than petty trolling?

but would cost a bit, and would also drain magic star things, but you can set it to not work on certain people

By magic star things do you mean Nether Stars? You say it runs off EUs later, what use are these Nether Stars to it?

but you can set it to not work on certain people

Okay, right here, full stop, in order to code this, you would need to integrate IC2 (a tech mod) with EE3 (a magic mod), and somehow manage to create a non-laggy block that would stop transmutations (which I assume to be pretty hardcoded into EE3 and therefore impossible/nearly impossible to do) only within a certain area, as well as literally every other EE3 machine/thing from working (most of which are, again, probably pretty hardcoded into EE3), and only if it isn't certain people transmuting, the chances of this happening are literally at 0%.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• I agree a bit with above, but also ... why the title said "MUSIC box" ? I just don't see the point xD (reference to dishonored ?)

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• I agree a bit with above, but also ... why the title said "MUSIC box" ? I just don't see the point xD (reference to dishonored ?)

In the video game Dishonored, you play the bodyguard of an Empress of an alternate reality Europe. After her death, your framing for her death, your escape from jail, and your inheriting magical powers from a strange being, you set out to set things right. One of the enemies in the game are soldiers belonging to a church who oppose the stranger who gave you your powers. One of their weapons against followers of the stranger are music boxes that produce a tone that neutralizes magic.

I'm in agreement with others in this thread. It seems needlessly complicated and would most likely only be used to troll those who prefer to use magic mods rather than industrial mods on multiplayer servers. It also does not seem to fit thematically. Why a music box? Why copy Dishonored? If this idea is implemented, and given the number of vanilla functions and the ungodly number of magic mods it would have to interact with to do so, I highly doubt it will be, it would most likely be some sort of technological device, like a machine that can generate a magic-like energy and feed it out of phase with the magic in the environment to cancel it out.

• - Needlessly complicated
    - Useless
    - EE2 no longer exists
    - EE3 is much less OP
    - Would require crafting blocking, i.e: Changing not only basefiles, but actually changing one of the fundamental game elements. and that is not allowed.
    - You said the "T" word
    - The only possible use I can even think of is to troll people.
    - You yourself have no idea what Klein Stars are
    - This would be mind-blogglingly OP
    - WHAT THE CRAP DO YOU MEAN "OP BALANCER"?
    - If you think EE is OP, take it up with Pahimar, the current maintainer of EE.