[Addon 1.112] Nuclear power [1.1.0]

• This mod looks awesome! IC2's reactors have always felt like too small of a part of the mod for me. This could finally make them more useful and less under powered. Well done!

• I haven't see any of the uranium ore this addon generates at all. I have found plenty of the curium though, any thoughts on what layers I should be looking in? Also if it matters I have GregTech installed as well.

• Official Post

I haven't see any of the uranium ore this addon generates at all. I have found plenty of the curium though, any thoughts on what layers I should be looking in? Also if it matters I have GregTech installed as well.

Uranium is generated by IC², not any of its addons. Uranium can be found in small veins of one or two ores in any layer.

• Sorry, SpwnX but didn't you read the first sentence in the spoiler?

Changes start with te basic thing - ore generaton. "Uranium Ore" form IC2 won't be generated in the world (but old uranium ores will save). So, it adds two ores - Uranium ore & Curium ore.

Iff yu find misstaks, you may keep them! (Or tell me if neccessary...)

• Official Post

Sorry, SpwnX but didn't you read the first sentence in the spoiler?

I didn't. Anyways, if you want to be sure you can find uranium ore generated by its addon try quarrying a 64x64 OR use IC² miner (and make sure nuclear power ores are registered).

• Thanks

Sorry, SpwnX but didn't you read the first sentence in the spoiler?

I saw that and that is why I posted, but I did locate 3 ores in one of my ages... However when I collected it, it turned into Curium. I checked the id's and curium is 1000 while uranium is 1000:1.

• Official Post

I saw that and that is why I posted, but I did locate 3 ores in one of my ages... However when I collected it, it turned into Curium. I checked the id's and curium is 1000 while uranium is 1000:1.

Well, thats an ID problem which i have no idea how to solve, maybe updating forge?

• I had the same thing, found uranium, mined, picked up curium.

Actually, I d love a config option to disable disabling of IC ore spawn.

By the way, can be somewhat fixed by netherores mod, recently updated.

• I am using the latest 1.4.7 forge. The problem itself it in the code I think. I am just being honest and exchanging the amount of curium I mine from the uranium deposits back to uranium.

• Is this mod still under development? it has some very good concepts, just needs some balancing and better documentation. the recipes are silly expensive and some of the reactor components would make reactor designs pretty dull and uniform.

• maan, it would be good to tweak some numbers and it would have become quite nice. faq the grama. :thumbdown:
    btw reenriching can be done only with 4 ingots, which means 1\4 the efficiency of reenriching

and I had a reactor with 200k+ heat.

• Hi everyone!
    For a long time NP wasn't updated, but this is due to the fact that we got a lot of innovations.
    Such as reactors with water-cooling, mulitblock structures , realistic gas-pipe system, and much more.
    Short changelog:
    Added:
    Reactor with water-cooling( MultiBlock )
    Cooling tower
    Turbine( MultibBlock )
    Pipes for gas( while in fact only for the pair (yet!) )
    Components for water reactor
    Description of items( popup when cursor above item )
    In addition was introduced Forge OreDictionary support and support of GT.
    Old uranium cell now can be made only if the GT exactly how.
    For crafts use NEI or CraftGuide.
    MultiBlock recipes see at main post.
    Enjoy!
    PS:The delay between turning on/off the reactor IS 30 SECONDS

• Looks cool. Need a spolight :). Btw, any chance to get a MultiBlock MoltenSalt cooling system with GT ? ^^

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• I'm glad this is back. some more documentation would be nice, though. And balancing. I would be willing to help with that, If you need it.

• I can see great potential in this mod.
    However it needs a bit balancing atm, since it requires huge amount of materials to build a multiblock reactor and I've just tested it with two turbines, no matter what I put in the reactor it produces constantly 7 eu/t....