[Official] New Reactors design thread.

• I'm beginning to wonder if a new thread should be started for the 1.5.1 info, as it differs so greatly from 1.4.7. I'm getting ready to build my first reactor in 1.4.7 and the 1.5.1 stuff (while interesting) is a bit distracting when I'm trying to find info regarding 1.4.7.

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• Well, only the GregTech stuff is changing, standard IC2 is not. And the 1.4.7 designs are all finalized and listed in the first three posts... (okay, the 4-chamber thorium neutral hybrid is missing, I'll give you that.)

• High efficiency - zero running cost reactor (updated +30EU/t)

• EU/t: 260
    • Efficiency 3.71
    • Cost: Iron 291, Copper 725, Tin 96, Gold 56
    • Running cost: 0
    • Based on the initial design of Requia

Have phun!

The point of that reactor is highest efficiency, though I think I'll add this too as a midpoint between the other two 0 running cost reactors.

Well, only the GregTech stuff is changing, standard IC2 is not. And the 1.4.7 designs are all finalized and listed in the first three posts... (okay, the 4-chamber thorium neutral hybrid is missing, I'll give you that.)

Crap, what page is that 4 chamber on?

• Does the Self Breeding Hybrid Reactor work in 1.4.7 ?
    Do i have to replace every cell as soon as it is depleted or when the thorium cycle is over ?
    How do i automate it without using Turtles/Applied Energistics (can this be done with logistic pipes and redpower) ?

Link to the reactordesign: http://bit.ly/11t56UF

EDIT: will a layer of warded stone be enough to ensure that the reactor doesn´t destroys my base ? How many layers of reinforced stone would i have to use ?

PS: Sry for so many questions, i´m quiet new to this reactor stuff :)

• Yes, it was designed for 1.4.7. And yes, you do have to replace cells multiple times in mid-run. Look through this thread for posts made by Peppe, he has descriptions and image galeries and even a world download for you to check out how the automation can be done.

Be prepared to learn a whole lot of complex stuff though, if you have never done something like that before...

• Can somebody explain me the interface of the advanced regulator ? i couldn´t find any explanation on the gregtech wiki and also not on youtube :/

• Can somebody explain me the interface of the advanced regulator ? i couldn´t find any explanation on the gregtech wiki and also not on youtube :/

Left 3x3 grid is a basic inventory. Items piped into the machine go to this grid.

Middle 3x3 grid is what items you want to be moved from inventory (left grid) to the inventory on the red output side.

Right grid is the slot the items you want moved go to -- they line up with what is in the middle grid. So if you put an apple in the upper left slot of the middle inventory and then make upper left slot of the right grid = 10. Apples in the left inventory will be placed in slot 10 of the inventory on the output side of the regulator.

Example in this album for the 1.4.7 hybrid reactors in the first post:
    http://imgur.com/a/KCs3Y

• thing to keep in mind is that the numbers correspond to the same slots regardless of the number of reactor chambers, second row starts with 9, third row starts with 18 etc.

• No mean to break the current stream of events, but i would like to ask a question, and this seemed like a good place to ask it.
    Can anyone explain why the components in this breeder:
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…xp9uqjwo2eamsn8hpmr938nkq
    melt down faster than the components in this:
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…bs0e3rtu7chs3mi7k5rdtn68q
    ?
    as far as i can tell, i just flipped the original design upside-down.
    how is it that i'm able to put more heating cells in the second than the first?
    thanks in advance

• yes its easy to understand but difficult to explain.
    the problem is the position of the lava cell.

the reactor componets are processed from left to right and then from up to down.

first one
    cools first
    then reheats to 9000
    and then get the uranium heat

second one is
    uranium heat first
    cools
    and then only if necassary will get reheated.

so the lava cell will reheat more often in the first reactor as the lava cell will get processed before the uranium.

Change the scheme, alter the mood. Electrify the boys and girls if you'd be so kind.

[b][i][u][url=' [url='http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=7745']HAYO CORP: Nuclear Power (FREE: Reactor Blueprints)

• ah. Thanks!

• Well, if you consider "severe waste of resources" to be something bad, then yes, maybe ;)

However in terms of running safety, when the reactor planner tells you "Generation time: full cycle" and calls it a "Mark I" in the heat bar up top, you can be sure it won't blow up on you. Provided you don't place components the wrong way. It can happen to anyone. For 100% safety, babysit the reactor during its first cycle.

• Well, if you consider "severe waste of resources" to be something bad, then yes, maybe ;)

However in terms of running safety, when the reactor planner tells you "Generation time: full cycle" and calls it a "Mark I" in the heat bar up top, you can be sure it won't blow up on you. Provided you don't place components the wrong way. It can happen to anyone. For 100% safety, babysit the reactor during its first cycle.

I consider resource waste as bad only if there's a much better option that sustains the same level of safety.

• I consider resource waste as bad only if there's a much better option that sustains the same level of safety.

You might want to check the reactors in the first post:
    New [Official] Reactors design thread.

Your designs are wasteful on several levels:
    Waste fuel -- most of your reactors were ~2 efficiency or worse. This is a waste of fuel when there are several IC2 reactors that get 3.33 efficiency or more in the first post of this thread.

Waste of resources -- most of your reactors used diamond or gold exchangers or diamond vents. You can get more cooling cheaper with overclocked heat vents, component heat vents, and basic heat exchangers. Again, see all the IC2 reactors in the first post of this thread.

Your reactors are not any more safe than all the type I's that are in the first post of this thread.

• Turning it on with the redstone was our intention. The outer MFSU will always pull any available power in from the inner MFSU. When the inner MFSU becomes empty, it turns the reactor ON and gets new power, which the outer MFSU then takes, re-emptying the inner MFSU...rinse repeat.

it sounds like someone must have messed with the reactor

• and what should this be ? your next crater?

there is no reason to build this

also i bet that no one fiddled with the reactor on page 1.
    they must have made a error in the reactor scheme

Change the scheme, alter the mood. Electrify the boys and girls if you'd be so kind.

[b][i][u][url=' [url='http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=7745']HAYO CORP: Nuclear Power (FREE: Reactor Blueprints)