IC2 versus ExtremebiomesXL -- rubber prevalence effects?

• A bunch of friends just spun up a new world using a FtB-like pack of mods, and we've noticed that rubber trees are proving awfully hard to locate. I see that the IC2 wiki describes them as "extremely abundant in Swamp, Forest and Taiga biomes" -- but that leads to some speculation. Using ExtremebiomesXL tends to fill the world with other biomes, not the vanilla ones. That seems like it could be rather a destabilizing interaction; if rubber is unobtainable (or even nearly), then IC2 becomes largely pointless.

Has anyone looked into whether this is a real effect? Are we just getting incredibly unlucky?

(We are certainly having config issues w.r.t. ores; in particular, we've got three different varieties each of tin & copper. They all seem compatible, fortunately, but it's imbalancing in the other direction: when you're swimming in copper, IC2 parts get awfully cheap. :P )

• Most mods have options to turn off their oregen for specific ores in config, this should be done to prevent duplicates.

I found some rubber trees in extrabiomes with some work, think it was a mini jungle biome. If you're really having trouble hunt through blacksmith chests for saplings.

Once you have the saplings, cut all the elaves touching wood on the trees, this'll drop more saplings but leave your rubber production intact.

• I get the impression that IC2 wants rubber trees to be at least somewhat plentiful, but ExtrabiomesXL sort of steps on that. I should probably bring this up to the EBXL folks, too....

• I always thought EBXL is compatible with Rubber generation. I've seen Rubbertrees in EBXL-Biomes very often.

I've seen them in green swamp, mini jungle, etc, they do not however appear to be in autumn forests , and there seems to be a tendency to spawn similar biomes next to each other, so I end up with a lot of ice to north, autumn forest to the west, and shrubland to the south.

• At current moment, I believe that rubber trees at generation time 'looks' at the list of biomes at chooses biomes to spawn in based on the biome name containing "swamp" or "jungle."

If anyone would like I can talk to Scott of EBXL to get confirmation.