[Suggestion] Defib Unit

• OK, simple one this time;
    The Defib Unit is a chestplate item. It needs to be charged with 1 mil EU, and will kill all mobs within a small range, whenever you die. Death drains all EU from the pack, and the pack will essentially give you a second chance, so you don't lose any items.
    Anyone who's played L4D2 will understand what a Defib Pack does, restoring a fair bit of health and draining the energy. However, this will completely drain your hunger and saturation, so if you don't get food quickly...
    No life for you.

• OK, simple one this time;
    The Defib Unit is a chestplate item. It needs to be charged with 1 mil EU, and will kill all mobs within a small range, whenever you die. Death drains all EU from the pack, and the pack will essentially give you a second chance, so you don't lose any items.
    Anyone who's played L4D2 will understand what a Defib Pack does, restoring a fair bit of health and draining the energy. However, this will completely drain your hunger and saturation, so if you don't get food quickly...
    No life for you.

1st. You dont need to have played LFD or LFD2 to know what a defib unit. It is one of the most known medical equipments you know...

I am afraid, as much as this sounds good, it could be overpowered... after you kill someone, that someone kills you and revives...

The Viper will hide in the shadows... unseen... unheard... and when you least expect, she strikes.

• I actually like the idea of something that kills mobs when I die, forget the respawn, I just want to be able to grab my gear without the same 6 skeletons that killed me killing me yet again while I'm racing that 5 minute timer. Chestplate slot is overused though, better to have more armor to avoid dying in the first place.

• basically you want to use defib unit instead of armor to die faster and then instantly revive killing everything in some AOE?

this makes no sense, 1kk is same amount as quantum suit, that makes you invulnerable.

• basically you want to use defib unit instead of armor to die faster and then instantly revive killing everything in some AOE?

this makes no sense, 1kk is same amount as quantum suit, that makes you invulnerable.

This.

How about a helmet that has a similar function. Perhaps you use the Canner to load dynamite into it, which is used to kill nearby mobs when you die. It would not damage blocks or items, so your loot would still be around.

Or an alternative solution would be to have armor (lets go with helmet) that becomes something akin to a chest when you die, like Death Chests mod but using an item instead. Perhaps a combination of the two would give you the functionality you described.