[Addon 1.115 - WIP] Alternative Energies

• With this mod you will excess new ways of creating power for your ic² machines, even create buildcraft energy with it, perhaps even universal electricity.
    The main goal of this mod is, to give players more freedom to choose their ways to produce energy, not having to cling to solars anymore. Thus the new blocks will
    be (most likely) easy to setup and maintain.

As it is still WIP, things are subject to change, to prevent some ridicolous massive energy producing blocks.

The first block that will be released will be the advanced watermill, a small multiblock struckture, that will increase it's efficency the more blocks are added.
    This might look like this:

water(source)-block | adv. watermill = 1 EU / t
    water(source)-block | adv. watermill | adv. watermill = 4 EU / t
    water(source)-block | adv. watermill | adv. watermill | adv. watermill = 9 EU / t
    water(source)-block | adv. watermill | adv. watermill | adv. watermill | adv. watermill = 16 EU / t (max)

Energy packet optimization:
    Adv. watermill blocks will add their output to other EU-packets to a max output of 32 EU / t, thus 8 adv. watermills will create 1 packet with 32 EU / t instead of 2 16 EU packages.

The Recipe will propably use 2 normal watermills to create 2 adv. watermills, so keep in mind that addons like gregtech may change their recipes. Details on recipes will follow soon.

Plans on the drawingboard:

Energy packet optimization
    Advanced windmills
    Terrestrial heat

and perhaps more to come

• Official Post

A wise man once said:"We dont need morr Generators to produce EU but more Machines to consume it!".

We need something like UE atomic science Particle accelerator (LHC) to consume tons of EU to get antimatter which has many (military) uses.

• Isn't that planned in GT?

For f***'s sake, I don't give a single damn f*** about your stupid motherf***ing goddamn bulls***. Because f*** you that's why.

• Official Post

A Machine that consumes crazy EU and gives anyone within 4 blocks Health and Food.
    Like 2048/t
    :3

• We need way to buff Fuel-based generators. We need MultiBlocks generator (both Fuel and Green, assuming MultiBlock Greengen would be much more efficient than Solar Pannels/Windmills but not as exploitable, as they would be harder to spam).

I need way to use Compressed Air cells as amplifiers (returning the cell, of course ^^) for Fuel-based generator.

I want Industrial Booze Barrels (bigger, and easier to automate), and special Generators working on alcohol. I want Watermills + Special Water tanks wokring as Storage Units (as IRL, and it would be cheaper than storage units but taking way more space ^^).

I want Tons of way to generate Heat and generator turning heat into EUs (can be done with compatibility for RC boilers), such as Solar Pannels/Mirror to heat a Tower (you can imagine these being Expensive Glass-like, the whole thing making a Multiblcok structure with Heat/t depending on the numbers of Mirror) [Wikipedia + Solar Energy to see what I'm thinking about] + Advanced Geothermal Generator turning Lava into Obsidian for almost 50 000 EU once you turned that heat into EU + Cooling Liquids for Nuclear Reactor that could be cooled down while generating EU into a Thermal Generator or such.

I want RP2-like Windmills (more efficient, but consuming way more Refined Iron/Steel/Aluminum).

I want tons of things. The question is, what will you do ? I hope one of the thing I described, so I would use your addon ^^.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

Some opinions :
    That seems nice, but i will still be able to over-engineer them =P.
    Air cell + liquid transposer = gaseous oxygen. Gaseous oxygen -> generator = 50% boost. 1 cell consumed every 20000 EU produced.
    Biofuel rework would be nice, with distilleries and such. To make watermills work like IRL we need to make water not infinite and start accumulating with rain (finite water mod).
    Factorization solar generator is like IRL solar tower ones, IC² solar generator is like IRL photovoltaics ones.
    Sounds nice, but i don't like to use resources to generate energy, like many.

• Official Post

Your post hurts my eyes.
    Also: You can still use infinite water for the mills, but if they Consumed the water faster then it Re-created itself.
    Like a Pump in a 2x2 Infiwater.

• Official Post

Your post hurts my eyes.
    Also: You can still use infinite water for the mills, but if they Consumed the water faster then it Re-created itself.
    Like a Pump in a 2x2 Infiwater.

That was part of my intention =P.
    Thats obviously an insult of the laws of the physics :

Pump + Infinite (here starts the insult) water pool + Watermill (or waterstrainer) = Infinite energy (here ends the insult)...

Unmanned watermills are also f*** unrealistic" but they at least not that much as you can justify that it uses "water currents" [although they don't exist on an artificial lake] .
    Anyway, who cares? Watermills are so underused.

• Official Post

That was part of my intention =P.
    Thats obviously an insult of the laws of the physics :

Pump + Infinite (here starts the insult) water pool + Watermill (or waterstrainer) = Infinite energy (here ends the insult)...

Unmanned watermills are also f*** unrealistic" but they at least not that much as you can justify that it uses "water currents" [although they don't exist on an artificial lake] .
    Anyway, who cares? Watermills are so underused.

I Accidentaly made 512 of them once
    stupid project tables

Also = Perhaps a multiblock Structure that acts like a better Watermill but needs a RC Turbine/something like it?
    That Rotates?
    And absorbs water :3
    Would give a use for the RP2 Pump.

• Biofuel rework would be nice, with distilleries and such. To make watermills work like IRL we need to make water not infinite and start accumulating with rain (finite water mod).

That's why I mentionned "a special tank": It could be filled only by rain or by the generator itself (while consuming energy) and generate energy using the water in the tank. So it would be kind of an artificial lake.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Multiblock solar boiler, which produces steam, and the steam rotates a multiblock turbine, possible animated as in the atomic science, that is cool