Unrecoverable error during obfuscation

• Hi guys,

I am desperatly trying to get IC2 into my eclipse workspace to run with my programmed mod ... but it won't work.
    I tryed to do the forge install first and get the IC2 code into that, without any success.
    I looked up tons of how to's to get the code into my workspace, even BON was not working properly.

So i decided to rework the whole mcp folder, made a clear folder, copied mcp, copied bin and ressources and followed Gregs instructions to the letter.

1. setup MCP like normal and make it READY for decompiling
    - this includes copying the ressources and bin folders

2. install Forge into the minecraft.jar inside your jars-folder
    - i used the latest minecraftforge-universal-1.4.7-6.6.2.534.zip

3. install IC2 into the minecraft.jar

4. delete the 3 "XX-Integration"-Folders in your IC²-jar
    - done that

5. delete META-INF inside your minecraft.jar NOW
    - yes

6. put the content of the lib-Folder in your .minecraft into the lib-Folder of MCP
    - argo-2.25.jar + asm-all-4.0.jar + guava-12.0.1.jar - copied

7. run decompile.bat
    # Unrecoverable error during obfuscation:

i just don't know what to do anymore, perhaps i am missing something but ..

if anyone sees what is going wrong here, pls leave a message

• That's for decompiling IC2 source. What you probably want is something like immibis bearded octo nemesis, a deobfuscator, although I haven't been able to get that to work with IC2 as of now ... Although I believe it has eorked with other mods

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• That's for decompiling IC2 source.

It is.

What you probably want is something like immibis bearded octo nemesis, a deobfuscator, although I haven't been able to get that to work with IC2 as of now ... Although I believe it has eorked with other mods

I used BON, but i don't need the source to be deobfuscated, since the IC2 code isn't obfuscated afaik.

I want the source so i can test my addon with ic2 items in a real setup. i do not want to compile, pack and move all my code into another minecraft directory, when it could be started directly from eclipse.

• I don't actually know of any way to do that, I'm pretty certain Greg doesn't even know of a way for IC2 to work through eclipse.

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Official Post

I don't actually know of any way to do that, I'm pretty certain Greg doesn't even know of a way for IC2 to work through eclipse.

I know a way, but it is so painful, that I decided to no longer do it. That way is fixing every single Error-Message the decompiler throws at you. I needed a Day and a half for doing that.

Its much easier to just unzip the jar and put it into your lib-Folder to read the Bytecode in eclipse, and when you then need to access a Class, just make a Dummy of it.

• I know a way, but it is so painful, that I decided to no longer do it. That way is fixing every single Error-Message the decompiler throws at you. I needed a Day and a half for doing that.

Its much easier to just unzip the jar and put it into your lib-Folder to read the Bytecode in eclipse, and when you then need to access a Class, just make a Dummy of it.

Ah, I simply remembered you once saying that you had to wait 30 seconds for MCP to compile before you could test your code.

• I was thinking of that, too. But i would like to hit "run as", start mc and see if it really does, what i told it to do.
    And i am now trying for 2 days, got lots of wrong packet names and imports ...

a uncompiled source would help a lot, we could import it and have fun.

Perhaps i have something in mind to get this code running in eclipse ...

• you cant install obfuscated ic2 jar into any java SDK, it will fail to load properly.

in your current case only option is API or ask someone to share fixed source with you.

and mcp workspace work perfectly fine in eclipse juno, as soon as all errors fixed you can run game directly from eclipse and ever attach debugging.

• there is no painfull errors at all, every error is 5-10 seconds to fix as long as you know what are you doing.

Try to unzip it, place it in lib, and then read the (obfuscated) Bytecode, to find out which Dummyclasses you need to create.

extremely idiotic waste of time...

lots of tools provide decompilation view, not bytecode, there is no reason to play with bytecode at this level of complexivity.