Radioisotope Thermoelectric Generator....?

• Official Post

Guess what ? According to , it's called ... Fusion Reactor. And as it's in French, let me translate: on left: "linking" energy per Nucleon, and at the bottom: Numbers of Nucleon in the Nucleus (or A)

Fission would also work, just need some super heavy element. Problem is though, with Fusion, it takes insane amount of energy to start up, and the energy released is alot, but the output product isnt. Fusion is mainly for energy. Back in 1997, a team of 20 Scientists managed to convert pure energy in the form of light into a few hundred positrons and their antimatter counterpart. NOW POWER THAT BITCH WITH YOUR 1000 GT FUSION REACTORS AND MAKE INFINITE PLUTONIUM MWAHAHAHAHA

• Official Post

Also we would oxidate to death.

Yay for rapid ageing and combustion of internal organs!!! :S

• Fusion is mainly for energy.

Unless you're already having tons of energy. Which is supposed to be with UUM. And what you told with your "idea" to replace the MassFab was, actually, fusion.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

Unless you're already having tons of energy. Which is supposed to be with UUM. And what you told with your "idea" to replace the MassFab was, actually, fusion.

My idea was actually just making Electrons, protons and neutrons out of pure energy (E = MC^2) then combine them with some kind of hyper electron microscope :P
    Not fuse Lighter elements to create heavier.

• Making Matter + Antimatter is actually much harder than making Nucleus to melt together. And by the way, "combine them", means "make them melt". You need to do that to make this particles to get a VERY high speed, which means Particle Accelerator or Thermonuclear Fusion (because Temperature is directly related to kinetic energy). Now, please stop without knowing what you're talking about ^^. One can't just "put particles together". Just because of electronic repulsion.

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

Making Matter + Antimatter is actually much harder than making Nucleus to melt together. And by the way, "combine them", means "make them melt". You need to do that to make this particles to get a VERY high speed, which means Particle Accelerator or Thermonuclear Fusion (because Temperature is directly related to kinetic energy). Now, please stop without knowing what you're talking about ^^. One can't just "put particles together". Just because of electronic repulsion.

OOOOOH THERMONUCLEAR FUSION!!! I was thinking of Nuclear fusion :P Slightly different, one is a method the other is the reaction.

• OOOOOH THERMONUCLEAR FUSION!!! I was thinking of Nuclear fusion Slightly different, one is a method the other is the reaction.

And ? In every cases, you won't pass over Nuclear Fusion, and Thermonuclear one is the more probable one.
    By the way, assuming UUM would be way way more expensive if create with E=mc² (2 photons with more than 511MeV per Positron/Electron), we can say UUM is just "not-gathered atoms", which means you can form any molecule with, [and yes, it has the incredible power of being the exact molecule/atom you want before you even chosed it ...)

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

And ? In every cases, you won't pass over Nuclear Fusion, and Thermonuclear one is the more probable one.
    By the way, assuming UUM would be way way more expensive if create with E=mc² (2 photons with more than 511MeV per Positron/Electron), we can say UUM is just "not-gathered atoms", which means you can form any molecule with, [and yes, it has the incredible power of being the exact molecule/atom you want before you even chosed it ...)

MY GOD! MAGICAL MIND READING MATTER!
    I must haz.

• SEE! IS this kind of machine i want to see in IC2! Not a block, with a crappy excuse that it lags (so many mods add multi blocks, even greg-tech and railcraft) The most expensive part in a machine is not usually the machine, but the infrastructure and maintenance)

The Viper will hide in the shadows... unseen... unheard... and when you least expect, she strikes.

• That is the nice hydrogen cooled turbine hall!! If only IC2 have this 3 stage expansion efficient turbine rather than RC 1 stage expansion inefficient turbine, with constant replacement of bearings instead of full turbine shaft and constant replenishment of hydrogen.. Oh heck, make this water cooled hydrogen hybrid that will explode when this generator is not cooled! About the size of 4x4x4 TNT maybe? And the bearing can be upgraded from normal ball bearing into HAYOish superconducting magnetic bearing that will not wear and generate 2% more EU, but it would consume hydrogen like crazy

And along the side of RTG, I think we should have a handheld RTG that will recharge every electric item including armor in inventory, but very slow and get slower as more electric item is being charged

Dota 2 player at SEA server.

For me nothing is OP. It just a mod for fun and I'm playing it for fun. Unless it created items from nothing. Automining not included, neither do in case of self replicating machine. However GregTech is still good, so:

GregTech Documentation Task Force Needed!

• Official Post

That is the nice hydrogen cooled turbine hall!! If only IC2 have this 3 stage expansion efficient turbine rather than RC 1 stage expansion inefficient turbine, with constant replacement of bearings instead of full turbine shaft and constant replenishment of hydrogen.. Oh heck, make this water cooled hydrogen hybrid that will explode when this generator is not cooled! About the size of 4x4x4 TNT maybe? And the bearing can be upgraded from normal ball bearing into HAYOish superconducting magnetic bearing that will not wear and generate 2% more EU, but it would consume hydrogen like crazy

And along the side of RTG, I think we should have a handheld RTG that will recharge every electric item including armor in inventory, but very slow and get slower as more electric item is being charged

But how would you be able to fuel it? Since its a large machine :S

• Official Post

What is the capacity of power generate of this generator?.... thanks

:)

Well the RITEG would make about 1eu/t for a single Uranium rod, but lasts 2x as long as it would in a reactor. This still isnt as efficient as a Reactor but it wouldnt require Steam and Steel turbines.
    6eu/t for a Dual Uranium rod
    18eu/t for a Quad
    Plutonium from GT should be this:
    3eu/t for a Single, but at 3x as long
    12eu/t for a Dual Plutonium rod
    32eu/t for the Quad cell
    Thorium could be:
    0.5eu/t for Single cell, 3x as long though (Worse then Uranium, but hey, Thorium is supah cheap and not that Radioactive in comparison)
    3eu/t for the Dual
    10eu/t for Quad cell.

Less Efficient then the Reactor but much less heat, and doesnt require the Steam stuff.

• Sirus, that's probably a spambot. Look at his other post on the disabling items and you can see some nonsense. I'm not too sure though so I haven't reported yet, sorry if there is actually a person not a robot behind that account.

• Official Post

I think you may be right. His Contact Website on his profile is a bisnuess for scrap metal recycling and his huge amount of posts (3) are pretty much gibberish. :P

• OOOOOH THERMONUCLEAR FUSION!!! I was thinking of Nuclear fusion :P Slightly different, one is a method the other is the reaction.

Thermonuclear Fusion sounds... AWESOME!!!!

Making Matter + Antimatter is actually much harder than making Nucleus to melt together. And by the way, "combine them", means "make them melt". You need to do that to make this particles to get a VERY high speed, which means Particle Accelerator or Thermonuclear Fusion (because Temperature is directly related to kinetic energy). Now, please stop without knowing what you're talking about ^^. One can't just "put particles together". Just because of electronic repulsion.

But... Matter+Anti-Matter=BOOM!!!!

Fun fact: If there were no Azote in the air, lighting a match would result in the entire Earth setting on fire. Barbecues taken to a whole new level.

Ozone [O3], no Azote

I agreed with the rest, but ... WHAT ?
    Alpha and Beta aren't EM, right, there are He-Nucleus and Electron-Positron. But, apart from Gamma and Microwaves ... waves used for radio are radiations. Light is radiation (I mean the one you can see). Unless I'm mistaking because of some english terms, Microwaves mean "lower frequency than Infra Reds" (and higher than some others, but we don't care), and Gamma is "Higher than X-ray" ... so there are still plenthy of radiations between ^^ [and I'm only talking of light]
    Especially assuming that, according to Quantum Physic, every single body has a wave-function, which means everything is a radiation ... (even if we don't care for something like a human, a planet or a car, but that means Neutrons are radiations, even if you don't use to call these like that).

As for new machine, Molten Salt reactors could be (GT here ... ^^), but these wouldn't be as fun (as the only thing that act on their efficiency is the concentration of Thorium in).

Electron-Positron, no its Neutron OR Proton, and this is coming from an 8th-grader

• But... Matter+Anti-Matter=BOOM!!!!

Yup, but there that's because of oposite charge. And because of that, you can't assemble these into a bigger one ^^ (that was what he was suggesting). At least you could assemble Neutron + Neutron, but that wouldn't be created something bigger, as they wouldn't be especially attracted one by the other (so that wouldn't make any nucleus, just 2 Neutrons closer than before ^^)

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!