Creation of a Decent Free Website

• (Couldn't think of a better thread title)

At some point in the relatively near future, I want to set up a "blog"/forum (like Al's blog and this site) where people can gather, post their (for now) Buildcraft (shush GregT, I know how you feel about BC) blueprints, talk about them, and possibly improve them. I have plans to eventually expand that to schematics and such.

I was wondering if anyone out there could recommend a decent free forum provider that could help get this idea started? I would like a semi-decent rate of customization & spambot-protection (so no PHPBB-based captchas, Veovis on the Mystcraft forums informed that they're broken) for the forum.

As for the blog, I might just end up using Tumblr or Blogger and linking back to the forum.

A nudge in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Mr. Omega

• Well, You could make a website using Google Sites. If you find a good template you don't have to do a lot of work. Here is a site I made for my friend and my server, using google sites. It has a blog feature under the information hyperlink

If you just need webspace send me a pm, you'll have to install/pick a forum/blog soware on your own though (I can help, but I'm usually busy)

I'll give Google Sites a try first and see how it goes. If that falls flat, I'll make sure to talk to you imer. Thanks everyone!

• Try wix.com, it's awesome. For a free webhost, I recommend 1freehosting.com, gives you 10 Gigs of storage and 100 of traffic.

You can never have enough Medli IC2.