[addon v1.10] IC2 Magic Gems [MC1.4.7] [Rebooted and Rebalanced]

• decided against the mystical generator remember, just slot em in where you would put a battery. I also realise there are cheaper ways of storing energy, just thought that this is a cooler way of storing energy, besides for those who are running trading mods, its much more fun to trade gems that store power than batteries... i will however re-look at creating a mystic generator if other people think it will be a better way of doing it, i just dont have much free time at the moment as i have a baby due in a few weeks and a new job starting a week monday.

I also realise that the egg is used by GT but not everyone uses GT and those who do will simply have to make a choice. same with the master emerald. i dont want people having a master emerald AND chaos emeralds... be super OP. you can make the choice... a master emerald or 7 chaos emeralds... i am also not responsible for glitches in duplicating the egg, it is cheating and so i am not going to change the key ingredient.

i will definitely look at end/fortress generation though and like i said, will take another look at making a mystical generator. you have had lots of great input SpwnX, thank you :) it has really helped having someone who is honest and fair with their evaluation :)

• Official Post

I will keep giving my opinion and testing this.
    Thanks for re-considering the mystical generator. I bet everyone will use gems for that.
    Also you could make all mystic gems useable inside storage boxes outputting their respective values. The mystic generator would be a block to use ALL your mystical gems at once.
    This way you can use a single type of gem to give some power to a storage box if you don't have the resources for the generator.

• I will keep giving my opinion and testing this.
    Thanks for re-considering the mystical generator. I bet everyone will use gems for that.
    Also you could make all mystic gems useable inside storage boxes outputting their respective values. The mystic generator would be a block to use ALL your mystical gems at once.
    This way you can use a single type of gem to give some power to a storage box if you don't have the resources for the generator.

ok that could be cool. thanks!

• Official Post

Another idea :
    Void gem, obtainable in the end island.
    When placed inside the Mystical generator/Special Beacon it will consume other gems power (up to 50 EU/t) to provide beacon powers.

1-5 EU/t provides Regeneration I, Speed I, Mining Speed I, Resistance I, Strength I
    6-25 EU/t provides same as above, but II
    26-49 EU/t ... but III
    50 EU/t ... IV

• Official Post

@Greg + Other modders:
    If you ever need textures/models, i dont mind doing them.

• Official Post

Further testing made me find a bug with your gem blocks. (I'm not sure if this is caused by any other mod i have installed so i need you to re-test it)
    Raw Emerald block lacks a recipe.
    Kryptonite block needs only one gem instead of 9, same thing happens with Powerstone and Solite blocks.

• Further testing made me find a bug with your gem blocks. (I'm not sure if this is caused by any other mod i have installed so i need you to re-test it)
    Raw Emerald block lacks a recipe.
    Kryptonite block needs only one gem instead of 9, same thing happens with Powerstone and Solite blocks.

Thanks i will give it a look tomorrow evening :)

If you want to take a look at my textures then you are welcome to redo them as i am a shocking texture artist XD

• Has anyone tested the world generation yet? i have come across the occasional powerstone ore in overworld but still havent found any of the others in the nether... worried the ores arent generating correctly.

• Official Post

I just changed the Normal Gems textures, although im not really happy with it :P

• Official Post

Are these supposed to be Chaos Emeralds?
    1. There is no orange Chaos Emerald.
    2. The Shape and the cut of the Emeralds are not very similar to the original Version.

However, the Textures themselfes are looking great.

Not sure where he got those :P me thinks from le sprite sheet ;o

• Official Post

Chaos Emeralds colors varies on pictures.
    I've seen pics with orange emeralds, while others without.
    They change a blue/lightblue emerald for the orange one.
    Most commonly seen combination : blue,light blue, transparent/white ,yellow , green, purple and red.

About ore generation, i've wandered on three dimensions, found only powerstone at overworld, nothing else.

• Official Post

Chaos Emeralds usually have: Red, Green, Blue, Cyan, Yellow, Magenta and White. Also seen very symmetrically at the Color Wheel.

Makes sense

• Are these supposed to be Chaos Emeralds?
    1. There is no orange Chaos Emerald.
    2. The Shape and the cut of the Emeralds are not very similar to the original Version.

However, the Textures themselfes are looking great.

it isnt orange its yellow?? maybe just lost the detail on downsizing, not going to lie, i got the chaos emeralds off google and resized for 16x16 (which made them taller and longer than normal...) the other textures i did unfortunately!

Chaos Emeralds colors varies on pictures.
    I've seen pics with orange emeralds, while others without.
    They change a blue/lightblue emerald for the orange one.
    Most commonly seen combination : blue,light blue, transparent/white ,yellow , green, purple and red.

About ore generation, i've wandered on three dimensions, found only powerstone at overworld, nothing else.

mmhhhm i havent found any either... can somebody check my generation code for me? here is a pastebin link...

http://pastebin.com/vVvRsa2i

• Official Post

I will make better ones.... *crawls into GIMP*

• Hmm. That's a lot of nether stars, and also slightly broken with mystcraft, given that if you use the "Sky" biome, it generates the end, and an enderdragon along with it. So, if you have an automatic wither skeleton farm, and an automatic wither farm, it's not terribly hard to get ludicrous amounts of EU for free, underground.

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.

• Hmm. That's a lot of nether stars, and also slightly broken with mystcraft, given that if you use the "Sky" biome, it generates the end, and an enderdragon along with it. So, if you have an automatic wither skeleton farm, and an automatic wither farm, it's not terribly hard to get ludicrous amounts of EU for free, underground.

meant to be a lot of nether stars. wouldnt want it to be easy for people would i?

also, i have never used mystcraft so i didnt realise... when i finish this config setup for it i may add a "using mystcraft" flag, or make the mod check for mystcraft and in that instance use an alternative recipe for crafting the chaos emeralds... not really sure how to go about the latter though XD

• Official Post

meant to be a lot of nether stars. wouldnt want it to be easy for people would i?

also, i have never used mystcraft so i didnt realise... when i finish this config setup for it i may add a "using mystcraft" flag, or make the mod check for mystcraft and in that instance use an alternative recipe for crafting the chaos emeralds... not really sure how to go about the latter though XD

Dont worry, Mystcraft is crazy OP.
    No, not EE2, its not THAT Broke.