[addon v1.10] IC2 Magic Gems [MC1.4.7] [Rebooted and Rebalanced]

• Official Post

thanks for the textures :) I have great artistic vision in my mind but my hands seem to be completely retarded and refuses to do what my mind says :)

Dont worry, everyone is like that, no matter how good of an artist.
    Probably an endorphin/neurotransmitter that controls humbleness.

• Official Post

Im pretty new to the sonic stuff, only Sonic game i played that actually has them as a plot point was Unleashed f/WII :P

• Official Post

I've played a bit of Sonic Unleashed with Wii emulator (Dolphin). However it was very glitchy so i dropped.
    Nowadays it may run normally, but i don't feel like playing it again.

Back to topic, hoping magical generator, fixed gem generation comes out soon.
    Also don't forget to change your default IDs to values farther from vanilla ones (both blocks and items) [Use forge 4096 block IDs fix].
    Another suggestion is to add a config file to set all blocks/items IDs and config to disable chaos emeralds (recipe).

• I've played a bit of Sonic Unleashed with Wii emulator (Dolphin). However it was very glitchy so i dropped.
    Nowadays it may run normally, but i don't feel like playing it again.

Back to topic, hoping magical generator, fixed gem generation comes out soon.
    Also don't forget to change your default IDs to values farther from vanilla ones (both blocks and items) [Use forge 4096 block IDs fix].
    Another suggestion is to add a config file to set all blocks/items IDs and config to disable chaos emeralds (recipe).

I am working on the magic generator and have fixed the ore generation. I don't want to release until i have implemented a config file. The problem is i dont know where to begin with a config file, going to read some tutorials today and see if i can get it all sorted by tonight :) does anyone know a particularly good tutorial before i start scouring the forums and google?

• Basically i start a new job on monday working way way way loads of hours and i have a baby on the way in the next few weeks. so it is becoming WAY too busy for me to have any time left for this project... i was hoping i would get a final version for 1.4.7 before i released it for someone to update it in the future however it just isn't going to be. Does anyone want to take on this project who i can release all the source to?

Be really appreciative if someone could keep this alive :)

• Official Post

Basically i start a new job on monday working way way way loads of hours and i have a baby on the way in the next few weeks. so it is becoming WAY too busy for me to have any time left for this project... i was hoping i would get a final version for 1.4.7 before i released it for someone to update it in the future however it just isn't going to be. Does anyone want to take on this project who i can release all the source to?

Be really appreciative if someone could keep this alive :)

Hopefully someone takes it.
    Sadly greg may not as he already have GT and implementing this to his own mod would be silly as this is way too magical for GT tech.

Good luck on your job and congratulations for your new family member. :D

• Official Post

Honestly the only thing I would add would be the seven Chaos Emeralds, but definetly not craftable at all. These Crystals are a bit unlikely to be implemented.

It would be a nice addition to generate power with your Magic Absorber.
    10 EU/t per emerald ?

• BLASPHEMY! only the classic will do! thats why its classic!!

lol, agreed. The only thing that I personally count as 'canon' from the 3D versions of Sonic is the addition of Shadow (before he became an 'emo kid' character in his own game). Other than that, the games are crap atm. I appreciate the attempts to reboot the franchise, but I don't think that Sega is going to reclaim that lost luster. I mean, seriously, Were-hog? Kratos disproves...

BTW: Grats on being a parent! Be sure an raise the wee one on all the great classics, lol!

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• thanks all, i havent been part of the community long but you have welcomed me and been extremely friendly. I really do hope someone can keep this project alive as i feel there is a gap between magic and tech that, although it doesnt fill that gap at the moment, with some time and development by someone with less on their plate this could really fill that void and make an excellent addon.

if anyone would like to take on the mod or at least enquire about it, please PM me :)