It was a tutorial. Now its a random stuff discussion.

• This is my first tutorial. Enjoy it!
    In this tutorial I'm going to teach you about making factories. Since the small factory that only macerates and smelts stuff to the big one with its own self-refilling reactor,uu crafting sections, it's own mining zone, etc.

For this tutorial the mods I'm going to use are IC2 (of course!), Red Power 2 and Gregtech,since they are the ones that do better this work.

0. Preparing

1. Power source

• $If you want to use machines you will need a way to generate EU. When you start a generator running on charcoal does the work really good, but when you can I recomend you to get some watermills as they are so easy to make and generate some energy at a good rate. When you crafted the generating stuff switch to the next step.

Seriously o_O ? ^^ I would recommand anyone not to follow these instructions and to go on GregoriusT+SpwnX tutorial, it's much more detailed, and it does not contain anything that ... stupid, sorry ^^
    Watermills, for now, are the worst generator ever:
    1) Unmanned setups using RP2 habe been nerfed and now, for the lag (graphical, mostly) it creates, it's not worth to use that. And their intended way of generating infinite energy is ... half bugged, half useless, since you'll need 2.5 of these to get the output of a solar pannels, assuming you're not sleeping etc ... and, it's a real pain to set up (you'll need tower, cables, water ... It's not THAT expensive, and quite easy to understand, but that's a bit boring and bit longer than just putting solar pannels ^^)

You'd better use Geogens (from RP2 Volcanoes/Vanilla lake, assuming you're using at least BC, and that, even if you're not, tin cells aren't that expensive), they output a nice 20EU/t, with 5 Coal/Charcoal=1 Lava bucket/source/cell (in terms of EU generated, of course), and if you're kind of a cheater, you can even power these by lava lakes from the Nether and teleporting the lava with any Tesseract or such ... AND, even if you're not using these, you can just live in the Nether ^^

If you're really a noob (which is very likely to be, if you're reading this thread with the purpose of learning IC²-Mechanics, you COULD use some Solar Pannels and spamm it, but I would instead higly recommend you to use the SpwnX-tutorial for Windmills, or to use some Nuclear Reactors (the funnier ^^).

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

Seriously o_O ? ^^ I would recommand anyone not to follow these instructions and to go on GregoriusT+SpwnX tutorial, it's much more detailed, and it does not contain anything that ... stupid, sorry ^^
    1) Unmanned setups using RP2 habe been nerfed and now, for the lag (graphical, mostly) it creates, it's not worth to use that. And their intended way of generating infinite energy is ... half bugged, half useless, since you'll need 2.5 of these to get the output of a solar pannels, assuming you're not sleeping etc ... and, it's a real pain to set up (you'll need tower, cables, water ... It's not THAT expensive, and quite easy to understand, but that's a bit boring and bit longer than just putting solar pannels ^^)

You'd better use Geogens (from RP2 Volcanoes/Vanilla lake, assuming you're using at least BC, and that, even if you're not, tin cells aren't that expensive), they output a nice 20EU/t, with 5 Coal/Charcoal=1 Lava bucket/source/cell (in terms of EU generated, of course), and if you're kind of a cheater, you can even power these by lava lakes from the Nether and teleporting the lava with any Tesseract or such ... AND, even if you're not using these, you can just live in the Nether ^^

If you're really a noob (which is very likely to be, if you're reading this thread with the purpose of learning IC²-Mechanics, you COULD use some Solar Pannels and spamm it, but I would instead higly recommend you to use the SpwnX-tutorial for Windmills, or to use some Nuclear Reactors (the funnier ^^).

If he is using GT Solar panels are alot later game, and then again, you need Aluminium and circuit assemblers for Water mills.

• A. why dessert? Already hungry?

B. Mat, this is about generating power for your very first machines- watermills are an inexpensive way to manually boost your power level. At this point, you barely have enough tin to make the cables for the serious windmill towers, not to mention any spare stacks of iron just laying around to make an excessive amount of generators, and no macerator to grind coal and make solar panels.

• If he is using GT Solar panels are alot later game, and then again, you need Aluminium and circuit assemblers for Water mills.

No shit Sherlock! ^^
    Guess why I assumed he is not using GT ... you don't see ? You pointed it out yourself ^^

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

A. why dessert? Already hungry?

B. Mat, this is about generating power for your very first machines- watermills are an inexpensive way to manually boost your power level. At this point, you barely have enough tin to make the cables for the serious windmill towers, not to mention any spare stacks of iron just laying around to make an excessive amount of generators, and no macerator to grind coal and make solar panels.

Or silicon Plates and Blast furnace for Solar panels ^^

• B. Mat, this is about generating power for your very first machines- watermills are an inexpensive way to manually boost your power level. At this point, you barely have enough tin to make the cables for the serious windmill towers, not to mention any spare stacks of iron just laying around to make an excessive amount of generators, and no macerator to grind coal and make solar panels.

1) Without GT, but that's not an issue there.
    2) Geothermal Generator is quite cheaper, and you'll just need a BC pump or some cells ...

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

1) Without GT, but that's not an issue there.
    2) Geothermal Generator is quite cheaper, and you'll just need a BC pump or some cells ...

I have plans on how to nerf Geothermals a ton. Guess what, it involves Steam.

• Seriously o_O ? ^^ I would recommand anyone not to follow these instructions and to go on GregoriusT+SpwnX tutorial, it's much more detailed, and it does not contain anything that ... stupid, sorry ^^

No BC
    Ans think that I´m using gregtech so solars need blast furnance and electrolyzer to be made. Reactors are a lot of copper and shit so this is why youre making the factory. And you cant set up a sky windmill base. So watermills are a good renewable power source for now.
    And if you dont like my tutorial first wait for it to finish, as im actually a bit busy at school. And if when finished you still dont like it then dont read it.
    EDIT: If watermills need aluminium then i didnt know but they are still easy to make and set up.

"Pro crafter"

Wait, is there such a thing?

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Yes, there is such thing. But I doubt he is one.

I know almost all the vanila craftings, like the 80-90% from ic2,like the 40-50% of gregtech,all the bc craftings,like the 40-50% of rp2...So yeahi think im a pro crafter. If you wait two or three months ill be the Master of the Crafters :P

• I know almost all the vanila craftings, like the 80-90% from ic2,like the 40-50% of gregtech,all the bc craftings,like the 40-50% of rp2...So yeahi think im a pro crafter. If you wait two or three months ill be the Master of the Crafters :P

So when are you going to go compete at MLG?

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Official Post

So when are you going to go compete at MLG?

When he Memorises 101% of all recipes. Of course, we all did that ages ago. He just needs to catch up!

• Official Post

Pro Crafters just use NEI, they don't waste time on memorizing Recipes. :P

NEI? Whats that?
    Ooooooh, you mean the Nuclear Energy Institute?