ULV bat box or transformer for use with tin wire

• Wind gens need to be placed so high that to run enough tin wire up you seem to loose what makes unless there is a storm. You can't run tin after a batbox because they put out 32eu. And diamond is a bit costly. But if there was an ULV batbox that only put out 5eu, maybe only holding 1000eu, or even 500eu or a ULV transformer to convert the output of a batbox back down to 5eu, then wind gens would be more usefull. AS it is, you need massive banks of them and costly diamond wire to make use. Unless there is a way to use the RP2 transformer to switch back and forth.

• Wind gens need to be placed so high that to run enough tin wire up you seem to loose what makes unless there is a storm. You can't run tin after a batbox because they put out 32eu. And diamond is a bit costly. But if there was an ULV batbox that only put out 5eu, maybe only holding 1000eu, or even 500eu or a ULV transformer to convert the output of a batbox back down to 5eu, then wind gens would be more usefull. AS it is, you need massive banks of them and costly diamond wire to make use. Unless there is a way to use the RP2 transformer to switch back and forth.

Denied before for balance reasons.

• Official Post

Do Batboxes have a Loss themselfs?
    If no, just hook up the Windmills directly to batboxes and have a Ton of batboxes down to your base.

• Do Batboxes have a Loss themselfs?
    If no, just hook up the Windmills directly to batboxes and have a Ton of batboxes down to your base.

You are forgetting the loss in wire going down. Copper can only go 4 before you need another bat box and while glass cable can go as far as tin and handle 512 eu, it takes lots of diamonds to make enough. this makes wind gens near useless for early bases unless your base is way up above the clouds.

• Official Post

An excellent point, although I though it was 6 blocks. Wind farms are very expensive diamond wise, even in quite late game unless you're lucky and/or have a lot of quarries. I can see why ULV transformers would be overpowered, but an add on adding them would be nice, so it's optional.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

You are forgetting the loss in wire going down. Copper can only go 4 before you need another bat box and while glass cable can go as far as tin and handle 512 eu, it takes lots of diamonds to make enough. this makes wind gens near useless for early bases unless your base is way up above the clouds.

Who needs Cable? FULL BATBOX FTW

• Official Post

I really doubt I could be bothered to make so many batboxes. ULV transformers would be much cooler, and cheaper.

Let's meet in the middle - ULV batboxes all the way down

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

That needs Gregtech though. We need standalone ULV transformers

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Nope. They're as expensive as Solar Pannels, which means cheap. And you just need not tobe a noob to use them.

Was it you with the gaint ass Super efficient windfarm?
    Or someone else :P
    Becuase something like that makes Expensive Reactors completely Useless, aswell as any other energy thing.
    In Normal IC2, They cost what, 4 Iron and a Generator, and in GT, 3 Carbon plates and a Generator. Thats alot Cheaper actually, since Solars in Vanilla IC2 requires 2 Circuits and coal dust and a generator, and in GT 2 Carbon plates, 2 Circuits, a Silicon plate and a Generator, And they can, if done right, Produce much more then a Solar panel.

• Official Post

@bove It is denied, if you have Gregtech, use the AESU, if not, you are OP anyway.

Why do you think I said addon, not being directly added to IC2 X(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

@bove They are cheaper if used in unefficent nooby setups, but very well balanced in efficent exspensive setups like SpwnX's.

No, you dont get it. A Single one which only costs some iron and a generator can output anything between the same and 10x the output of a solar panel.
    VERY OP.
    Something like RP2's Windmill would be better, a large thing that needs alot of space.

• Something like RP2's Windmill would be better, a large thing that needs alot of space.

Yup, GT should add that. Using Al/Ti :). That'd be an even more efficient energy source, but that'd consume some metals, so it couldn't be used as a cheaty UUM-maker.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

My windmills setups output an average of 1,66 EU/t. About 2,77x more. (solar average is 0,6 EU/t)
    By the way to start setting windmills efficiently, you require at least a stack of them and about 4 stacks of glass fiber cables alongside a MV transformer and MFSU/Mass fab.
    Not to mention you need to place obstructions, which is hard (even more if you use the compact setup i've designed).
    Also you have to take in consideration the risk of falling (although i doubt someone will try using windmills without a jetpack).