[ADDON] [1.7.2] CompactWindmills

• Nostalgia... ;(

But this addon will at least kinda survive ;)

but he did make 2 bugs. In Ic2 only 1.
    1: On servers rotors will be unbreakable. Because of an Sync issue
    2: ClientSide Renders eat a lot of Ram over time! Will be nodest only on weak computers.
    And because he did not fix it in 1.6 i copied his mod.

• Official Post

but he did make 2 bugs. In Ic2 only 1.
    1: On servers rotors will be unbreakable. Because of an Sync issue

It's not a sync issue and there was only one rotor affected.

2: ClientSide Renders eat a lot of Ram over time! Will be nodest only on weak computers.

You can just turn off rotor rendering in the config file.

And because he did not fix it in 1.6 i copied his mod.

That's kinda against the license.

• It's not a sync issue and there was only one rotor affected.

You can just turn off rotor rendering in the config file.

That's kinda against the license.

To the First thing: If you mean the CarbonRotorblade and the MixedMetal Ingot Blade then you are right.

To the Second thing: Or you just could make your work right and do not make these kind of bugs. You can see how i made it its opensource...
    https://github.com/TinyModular…der/WindmillRenderer.java

To the last thing: You gave me the permissions to fix these bugs. Forgot that? I was only able to fix it with rewriting it because your coremod was not dev compatible at all and i tried every version you had aviable on the download page..
    So this is in your permission area!

• Official Post

To the First thing: If you mean the CarbonRotorblade and the MixedMetal Ingot Blade then you are right.

To the Second thing: Or you just could make your work right and do not make these kind of bugs. You can see how i made it its opensource...
    https://github.com/TinyModular…der/WindmillRenderer.java

To the last thing: You gave me the permissions to fix these bugs. Forgot that? I was only able to fix it with rewriting it because your coremod was not dev compatible at all and i tried every version you had aviable on the download page..
    So this is in your permission area!

Wait, this was you I gave permission for? I thought thaat was someone else.

And yes, i did my work right, don't blame me for the bugs. Everyone implements bugs, so first take a look at your stuff.

• True i make bugs. But unless you i do not switch to the next version until i removed the most dangerus/botherring ones and do not force the player to update to an more unstable version
    because the new MC version created new bugs into your mod...

And here another bug to your backup mod which is bothering extremly:
    Everytime you load a world your backup mod adds another ticker for the backup.

So if you switch worlds for testing and then go back you get 3 backups instead of 1 in the time you setted up in the config.

But i think because it is 1.6.4 you will not fix it because in the most eyes it is already a dead version...

• Official Post

I never released a version that contained major bug, because I test my stuff, so what you're saying is not true. I also never forced anyone to update.
    An yes, the 1.6.4 IS a dead version and the bug you are talking about is fixed in a version for 1.7.2

• I never released a version that contained major bug, because I test my stuff, so what you're saying is not true. I also never forced anyone to update.
    An yes, the 1.6.4 IS a dead version and the bug you are talking about is fixed in a version for 1.7.2

So the first thing you say is that the bug i told is not exsisting. Then you say that you fixed it? Wait. Did anyone understand it? (Just kidding)
    So aroma at least you agreed that this bug exsist in 1.6.4.

The second thing a version is dead when nobody is using it anymore/working on it.
    And i know quite a lot people who still play on 1.6.4 and still code on it too.. So you are wrong.

Now i understand why i see so less people playing with ic2 & mods anymore..... Another reason from me why i should stay on 1.6.4 as maingame instead of using these versions which are so extremly unbalanced and base on more is better then everything...

I think this should be enough... Bye

• Official Post

1.6.4 is dead, the same way 1.4.7 is, and 1.2.5. People still playing on them doesn't mean that they should keep mods from updating. Especially with all the new stuff in IC2 and the new total overhaul that is Gregtech. I expect other mods added new stuff too. It's not worth staying on 1.6.4 when there's 1.7.10 which you are free to play and balance with. There aren't any big mods that haven't updated either that'd explain why you'd hold back (Like EE2 and RP2 did).

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

The bug you were talking about existed in theb1.6.4 version, but it was fixed in the version for 1.7.2, I just never finished it and therefore never released it.

Also 1.6.4 IS dead, because most people are playing on other versions. The only reason why it is not as pdead as it should be is because people like you still develop for it and therefore force theu user to play with a highly outdated version of minecraft.

But I also think we should end this discussion here. It just turned into something completely stupid and unrelated.

• Official Post

Look, what I just found laying around. It's more than half a year old and I don't even know how well it works or if it even does work. I just thought someone might be interested in it.
    NOTE: This is NOT an official version. Most likely it contains bugs. I will NOT fix these bugs, since I don't develop the mod anymore.
    Just use it for fun/ to test.