Reactor Planer App [v0990]

• Inspired by The Stick and his plans to write a reactor-calc-app, I've even started to code an app (because his program is not yet published, afaik) :)

Here is what it looks like at the moment:

Currently it's in a very early alpha-state (started coding yesterday [09/10/2011] based on the tutorial in this forum) so expect bugs or incorrect behavior.

Feel free to submit bugs or feature-requests :)

Download (v0906.1)
    Download (v0990), you may be able to start the exe just after extracting.. if not download and install .NET-Framework or simply run setup.exe

Requirements : .NET Framework 4 Client Profile

Update History

v0902 - initial release
    v0903 - fixed some issues (plating not distributing correctly), added experimental heat-flow-feature
    v0904 - fixed a cooling issue, tweaked heat-distribution, tweaked heat-flow-feature
    v0905 - minor changes (component-name), added reactor-cooling-value
    v0906 - added more statistics (internal cooling, heat excess), added controllable simulation-speed, melted items disappear
    v0906.1 - installation routine fixed
    v0990 - reworked data-model, implemented save/load, addressed some issues, still some bugs with heat-derivators in combination with platings, simulation-speed applies for next tick too

Future features

- breeder simulation (isotope cells)

Instructions

Select whatever components you want and click them onto the work-space.

Right-click removes components from slots.

I think its pretty self-explanatory but if you have any questions just ask in this thread.

• Hey Ruby,
    You beat me to it!

I also have developed a prototype for such an app in c#...

I have noticed that your heat dispersion does not seem to be optimal, if you place an uranium cell, a heat disperser and a cooling cell there is no heating..

Greetz,
    Cirrus0

• Thanks for the reply, yes i've noticed that too and i am working on a fix right now ;)

• Your tool is trying to pursuade me to install something in german, and i dont read german...
    I presume though by the looks of it that its a .net library of sorts, but what ?

Im sorry, you will need to install the .NET-Framework 4 Client Profile.

• That threw me off at first, but yeah, just grab it off of Microsoft's site for the English version.

This program makes for a nice little testbed of reactor designs...

Edit: Are the various types of external cooling methods implements, or are the buttons just... there? It seems that none and water have no difference for some reason, unless things are just acting up on my system.

• Edit: Are the various types of external cooling methods implements, or are the buttons just... there? It seems that none and water have no difference for some reason, unless things are just acting up on my system.

Yeah that was a bug in v0903, got fixed in v0904. Missed some braces ;)

• Another little issue: your plates split evenly with a decimal and then round, but in another thread Al said they give each surrounding object an equal whole number and then store the rest until the next tick. This results in some parts of some designs getting too much heat from rounding up, and others getting none at all.

• Another little issue: your plates split evenly with a decimal and then round, but in another thread Al said they give each surrounding object an equal whole number and then store the rest until the next tick. This results in some parts of some designs getting too much heat from rounding up, and others getting none at all.

All heat is stored as double-Values in my simulator. Unless I (or C#) converted at some point the values there should be no rounding-errors.

Of course I somehow missed the part that in the original system only whole numbers are traded, so I guess I have to change my coding. Thanks for the advice.

• My bad, i think my assumptions about rounding were wrong, but yeah, having it pass whole numbers equally will still be closer to the actually mods code. Also, are you going to be adding depleted isotope cells for breeder planning at some point?

• Very cool and useful app! I guess the next thing is Depleted Isotope cells, am I correct?
    (Unless they heat up just like normal Uranium Cell, which I don't think is the case)

• when items get to 10000 heat they do not get destroyed infact they just reset their heat to 10000 and because of this at about 10k reactor heat the calc stops calculating correctly.

• Great app :)
    And what about making real time calculating for cooling ? Like you does for outward cooling and EU/t. It could be in another box with the production of all the Uranium cell (with the incresed pulses due to uranium neighborhood) and with the cooling result of all the coolant elements (an inward cooling) and maybe a total result with the difference beetwen heat production and all the coolant values.

• I can't appear to run it. v905 worked fine, and I have the .NET framework 4, but v906 displays a message:
    Cannot download the application. The application is missing required files. Contact application vendor for assisstance.
    If I press the details button, this pops up (Its a biggun):

• Seems to be some problems with the calculations and modeling.

It seems that IHDs dont remove and redistribute heat to from/to thier neighbors. Also note the listed heat produced, it shows 48, when it is actually twice that.

Hm, ok seems i messed up with the derivators in one of the last updates.
    RIght now im reworking my model to allow an easy save/load system and gain better simulation performance.

• I can't appear to run it. v905 worked fine, and I have the .NET framework 4, but v906 displays a message:
    Cannot download the application. The application is missing required files. Contact application vendor for assisstance.
    If I press the details button, this pops up (Its a biggun):

Sorry, my bad... wrong installation-routine; fixed it (v0906.1)