[Addon v2.0_experimental for MC 1.6.2] LevelStorage v1.2

• Official Post

My miner mines 32x32 in about half an hour. Is that okay or should it be faster?

I read that a Max size quarry takes about an hour per level, so half a max size quarry should rake half as long. Could be faster mind you as I can't remember how much power a quarry needs to mine an hour a layer at max size.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• hm ? i must tested in minecraft :D

Its currently buggy and does not add mined stuff into the chest (i'll use IC2's stackutil, in combo with reflection eventually instead of writing my own untested code).
    Does anybody want untested buggy version with tons of more features (compared to previous official) or should i bughunt a big more and release lessbuggy version?
    I think 2)

• I read that a Max size quarry takes about an hour per level, so half a max size quarry should rake half as long. Could be faster mind you as I can't remember how much power a quarry needs to mine an hour a layer at max size.

It drains power like crazy. And no, 32x32 = 2 * 32 * 2 * 32,so
    64x64 = FOUR 32x32
    Quarry consumes ~60 MJ per block broken, 64 x 64 = 4096, therefore
    60 * 4096 ~ 245760 MJ

• Official Post

It drains power like crazy. And no, 32x32 = 2 * 32 * 2 * 32,so
    64x64 = FOUR 32x32
    Quarry consumes ~60 MJ per block broken, 64 x 64 = 4096, therefore
    60 * 4096 ~ 245760 MJ

So it does. Maybe should be faster then.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Consider that quarry digs ALL blocks. Miner digs only ores (and blocks in the way), it should be several (MANY) times faster, and energy efficient.

Yes, but it will have a really nasty recipe and huge energy consumption (i am considering 2048 EU/t, because IMO it digs tons and tons of ores)

• My miner mines 32x32 in about half an hour. Is that okay or should it be faster?

Translate that into ticks per block/blocks per tick and I'll tell you. Though without knowing these numbers I'm almost certain it's WAY too fast for non-overclocked operation.

I read that a Max size quarry takes about an hour per level

That was aeons ago before quarry got a massive buff. Today if you feed the quarry with enough MJ it strips a level clear in a few minutes.

How much EU per block mined does it use?

• Translate that into ticks per block/blocks per tick and I'll tell you. Though without knowing these numbers I'm almost certain it's WAY too fast for non-overclocked operation.

That was aeons ago before quarry got a massive buff. Today if you feed the quarry with enough MJ it strips a level clear in a few minutes.

How much EU per block mined does it use?

Currently, 256 EU/t and + 20 EU/t debuff. Takes two ticks to mine a block.
    Therefore, (256 + 20) * 2 = 552 EU Per block.

• Official Post

Yes, but it will have a really nasty recipe and huge energy consumption (i am considering 2048 EU/t, because IMO it digs tons and tons of ores)

Make it consume about 5k EU per block. EU/t is based on that value and speed of drill. + multiplier of advanced drills

• Currently, 256 EU/t and + 20 EU/t debuff. Takes two ticks to mine a block.
    Therefore, (256 + 20) * 2 = 552 EU Per block.

Debuff? If this is the non-overclocked version then it's almost certainly too fast unless you plan on severely limiting how much one can OC it. Something 8 or 10 ticks per block with no overclocking and 1-2 at maximum speed would be nice I think.

Though you should probably not use similar overclockers as GT/IC2 but have different tiers of them similarly to GT blast furnace. If each overclocker lowers speed by 2x then it seems like too good. Perhaps instead have each overclocking upgrade* lower ticks-per-block by just one, not cut it in half?

*) Regular IC2/GT ones are waaaay too cheap for a machine with that awesome power :)

• Official Post

Configs FTW!

I see this too much.

• Well, having about 500 EU per block with zero OC and assuming one OC = 2x speed/4x power usage you'd get to 4k EU/block with just 3 overclockers, 4 would have it at 8k. Looks good to me :)

• Official Post

On Atomic Disassemblers:
    I'll make them deal random(0, 25) damage to the player upon use. Damage will ingore armor.

This post will be like a think-tank for AD.

Needs config. To control how random, how much and whether you even want to.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Overclocking ratio :
    Base EU per block * 1,5^n / Base Operation time per block * 0,7^n
    n = number of overclockers

Base EU per block = 750 EU
    Base operation time = 40 ticks
    Thus base EU/t = 18,75

Maximum OC = 10
    Maximum EU per block = 43249 EU
    Minimum operation time = 1,12 (1) tick.
    Thus EU/t = 43249 EU/t

Edit :
    @atomic disassembler : Another item, called atomic stabilizer, which decreases damage upon usage by 50% [so that it won't kill you {player has only 20 hp}] and slowly regenerates you [1 hp every 2s] for enormous amounts of EU and (or) use UUM [1 UUM for every 100 hp restored].

Edit2 :
    Suggestion : Atomic forcefield Ring , increases player maximum health (health boost of potency N). N is determined by amount of UUM used on the ring. N is a logaritmical formula which i can't remember how to write (this means you reach a maximum N no matter how much UUM you use). UUM is "depleted" upon damage at a rate of 1 UUM for every 40 damage taken