Upgrading IC2 from 401 to Experimental - will it be possible?

• Finally, some IC2_experimental builds are publicly available. Thank you!

I would like to ask, are you making this branch (partially?) compatible with worlds from older version? FML's ItemTracker was reporting on reactor items - so those are probably not going to be compatible, but reactor is not the only part of IC2 and not everyone has it.

So, can you tell anything regarding this subject?

• Official Post

Most of it will be compatible, but as of now NEI doesn't work at all (unless you have no Problems with not being able to open your Inventory). The Enet is getting changed again, so other Mods will get Problems with that as well. And because the API is already broken downwards compatibility wise, it is not problematic that I will overhaul most of it.

• I second that. Greg, I love your mod. But especially with the fusion reactor, after I built necessary machines to keep up fuel production, my game would MASSIVELY slow down when I went into the rooms that contained all of those machines.

• Official Post

The blocks used for automation lags more than the blocks producing the fuel (electrolyzer and centrifuge). If you don't use AE for efficient and lag-free automation, then thats your problem.
    If not, deactivate animations on optifine (animated terrain), or in GT configs (if there is one).

• Official Post

Greg, you missed a bit. All the stuff people don't like about the changes are blamed on you. Your Player and Thunderdark's scape goat. :D

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• The blocks used for automation lags more than the blocks producing the fuel (electrolyzer and centrifuge). If you don't use AE for efficient and lag-free automation, then thats your problem.
    If not, deactivate animations on optifine (animated terrain), or in GT configs (if there is one).

I use AE extensively and I don't use optifine anymore. I started using mcpatcher for awhile, but that didn't pan out either. One room had about fifty centrifuges and another had sixteen electrolizers, half overclocked.