Crafting Guide—the step-by-step guide to make anything in Minecraft—Now on Mobile & Tablets!

• Interesting, waiting for IC2 Experimental (and maybe, really maybe GregTech) recipes.

Definitely on the list. I started the project some time ago when IC2 was still in the "classic" versions, and I just updated it to match with the new site. I definitely want to upgrade to IC2-Exp as soon as possible. GregTech (among others) is definitely a mod I would love to add.

have a mod to dump all recipes/items and textures/icons

I've heard that suggestion before. Unfortunately, while I do know Java, it's been a long time, and I've never gotten into making mods. I'd certainly welcome some collaboration, though!

allowing everyone to upload stuff would break it instantly

I've set things up to go through GitHub to avoid that specific problem. Anyone can submit a pull request, and I can deploy to a staging site for testing before releasing the content to the wild. Not quite as easy for people to contribute, but I think it will keep the quality much higher.

• Official Post

Would be interesting to have a mod to dump all recipes/items and textures/icons for them and get them feeded to local program to do similar stuff.

Textures/Icon dumping is already a feature in NEI.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• A few more updates to report! First, now your preferences for which mods are active and whether tools are included will be remembered between visits. Second, I've finished adding support for Thermal Expansion 4. The crafting algorithm doesn't yet taken into account the ore-doubling/tripling machinery, but all the recipes for the entire mod are present and functional. I'll work on using the machines in a future update. Next up: IC2 Experimental!

• I've just finished adding support for the latest version of Industrial Craft (2.2.663 on the experimental branch). I've
    also updated the site to let you select the version you're using.

• I just pushed up a big new feature! Now, each Mod has a dedicated page of its own which lists all the items available
    in that mod. Clicking on an item will take you to the crafting guide for that item. It's super fast to switch back and
    forth to explore the items in any given mod. This is the first of many steps for the new mod pages, so keep an eye out
    for more to come!

• I just pushed up another big update! This one adds detail pages for each item from each mod. These detail pages show:

• the item's basic information (name, icon, ...)
    • a link to the item's full crafting plan
    • the list of all recipes for that item
    • the list of all items it can be used to make
    • the list of all similar items

All of this gives you an extensive reference of related items and recipes. Check it out by seeing what you can do with
    a Diamond!

• I just released another exciting update for Crafting Guide! This update adds a lot of small tweaks and adjustments to
    the site's animations and some performance enhancements, but the big news is an enhanced crafting algorithm and
    Railcraft support!

The new crafting algorithm, instead of using the first available recipe for any given item, will now choose the recipe
    which is most effecient at producing that item. In other words, if you have a Macerator, it will be smart enough to use
    it. It is also smart about using machines like the Block Cutting Machine to make plates. And, as an extra bonus, it's
    about twice as fast as the old algorithm.

With Railcraft support not only comes the huge richness of that mod, but the first multi-block structures in Crafting
    Guide. For example, check out how to make a Blast Furnace!

• If this gets GT support I'd be very interested. Does it add options to say what machines you have or is that the 'have' section? With GT stuff becomes a load more efficient if you can process stuff better.
  • If this gets GT support I'd be very interested. Does it add options to say what machines you have or is that the 'have' section? With GT stuff becomes a load more efficient if you can process stuff better.

I've checked out recent version of GregTech and was fairly overwhelmed with the sheer scope of it. It's probably 100x larger than the larges mod Crafting Guide supports right now. I'd need a whole new level of tooling for the data processing, and I might even need some serious refactoring of the algorithms in the code to handle that many items. Also... I haven't touched GregTech in probably a year, so I'm very unfamiliar with how everything even works anymore.

So... while I'd love to add GregTech support, it might be a while before I can dedicate enough time to figure it all out.

• When trying to craft a MFSU or some such IC2 block, for copper cables (uninsulated), I'm told to pop a copper ingot into the metal former which'll produce 4 copper cables. I can only manage 3 per operation. Is there a more advanced metal processing machine I've yet to discover, or is there something goofed on the guide?

Keep up the awesomeness! :thumbup:

• Another big release for Crafting Guide! This time, I've been working on the navigation of the site itself. You'll now
    see a small navigation bar at the top of each page which both tells you where you are as well as letting you jump to
    another location. This make the whole item/mod-browsing part of the site much more visible, and simplifies the crafting
    page a bit. There's even a real home page with a change log!

• It's been a while, but I just posted some new stuff for Crafting Guide. First, a volunteer took on the rather daunting
    task of adding Forestry support! It's all there in all its glorious plethora of species. Major kudos to Sheldon Griffin
    for making it happen.

Second, I've just finished the coding to majorly improve the item pages. Now, its possible to add a markdown description
    of the item (including images) as well as videos for each item. Of course, actually filling in the content is a whole
    different kettle of fish. The Buildcraft guys have generously given me permission to copy in their content, so I'm
    going to be busy doing that for a while. However, you can see the finished product for the
    Advanced Crafting Table. More to come!

• Recently, I've been working on allowing mod authors to add more detail to the item pages here on Crafting Guide. To that end, there are a couple of new features to announce. First, item detail pages can now show text and pictures to describe the item (check out the Assembly Table for an example). Second, mods can now include tutorial pages containing similar text and pictures to describe tricky concepts, complex builds, or anything else their mod has to offer (see Gates, Wires, and Chips for an example). Finally, both item pages and tutorial pages can display a list of YouTube videos. Only a few pages in the Buildcraft section have been updated so far, but keep an eye out for more to come!

And... the second piece of news is that Crafting Guide now supports Thermal Dynamics! This mod is an off-shoot from Thermal Expansion which contains all the ducts (item, fluid and redstone flux) you're used to from TE3 plus some extras both for higher capacity throughput and combining item ducts with redstone flux ducts.

• You've asked for it, and now it's finally here... Mekanism support is now available! There is one important caveat... I can't figure out the exact quantities of all the various liquid-based recipes, so the numbers have been completely omitted for that part and probably are a bit incorrect. If you have any further information about those recipes, please let me know!